+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

8 Units vowed, 3 complete, and the remaining 5 underway. Must up pace.

I mean - mine are black... Which to be fair is 75% of my models technically done... tongue.png

Maybe I should keep resting? cool.png

Not if you want to cede the Forum Champion title to someone else... msn-wink.gif

Perhaps twas always a pipe dream!

WE SHALL SEE THOUGH, just gotta get that motivation and some space to paint!

I've made good progess but sadly I'm not going to complete my vow before I go away for nearly a week soon. Still, here is another WIP shot. Can't wait to unleash him on the table!

med_gallery_27469_12034_37244.jpg

What reds did you use? They look great, I need to know for potential reasons...

Nice to see you're planning for the ETL with us next year ;)

I did BA back in 2nd Ed so they have a special place in my heart but one Marine army is enough for me! I wanted the red for what may be a dead Word Bearer laugh.png I don't think I have all those colours though, unless they're the new names so I might need to experiment.

Mechrite Red = Mephiston Red

Scab Red = Khorne Red

Blood Red = Evil Sunz Scarlet

Though how on earth Mephiston Red is the replacement for Mechrite I don't know. Mechrite was much darker. For Word Bearers you might want Wazdakka Red which is the new version of Red Gore?

I did BA back in 2nd Ed so they have a special place in my heart but one Marine army is enough for me! I wanted the red for what may be a dead Word Bearer laugh.png I don't think I have all those colours though, unless they're the new names so I might need to experiment.

Knew there was a reason we go along ;) Anyway, translation in red:

What reds did you use? They look great, I need to know for potential reasons...

Cheers! For the ribbed bits and torso I did Scab Red Base, Mechrite Red layer then I gave it a good coat of Baal Red Wash. The robe was only a Scab Red base with edge highlights done with Mechrite Red, then Baal Red Wash. The few bits of armour are just Scab Red base and Mechrite Red layer. I think that covers all the red!

That said, you should be fine playing around.

Scab Red = Khorne Red

Though how on earth Mephiston Red is the replacement for Mechrite I don't know. Mechrite was much darker. For Word Bearers you might want Wazdakka Red which is the new version of Red Gore?

None of those are replacements for each other in any way.  Mechrite red is a lot more maroon, Scab Red is a lot more burgundy and Blood Red is a lot less orange.

Scab Red = Khorne Red

None of those are replacements for each other in any way.  Mechrite red is a lot more maroon, Scab Red is a lot more burgundy and Blood Red is a lot less orange.

We're only going by the conversion chart that GW released when they switched the system round. It was never perfect though, the new paints were always the nearest equivalent(s).

We're only going by the conversion chart that GW released when they switched the system round. It was never perfect though, the new paints were always the nearest equivalent(s).

Indeed, straight from the conversion chart. Which has long been suspect in my eyes, I do things by eye when deciding which replacement paint I actually need. I don't even have Evil Sunz Scarlet for example, where Blood Red was a stable in my paint collection in ages past.

Scab Red = Khorne Red

Mechrite Red does not equal Mephiston Red. If you can find some horde it! The closest color I've found is the old scab red/new Khorne Red. I made the mistake of using the new Mephiston next to a Mechrite and there is an obvious difference!

What do you use instead? For me it's an adequate replacement (and so smooth!)

I use Mephiston Red now. Is Evil Sunz Scarlet really that close to the old Blood Red? The one time the conversion chart is accurate and I didn't believe it... tongue.png

I remember the old Blood Red - quite bright. I much prefer the darker red BA we get now. Anyone else remember Blood Angel's Red? I recall it was basically the same as Blood Red but a bit more orange for some inexplicable reason laugh.png

Anyway, I don't need exact colours as I'm not trying to paint a Blood Angel just a one off dead traitor - that's assuming I even do it tongue.png The help is appreciated all the same. Now, I'm pretty sure you've all got some models to paint... msn-wink.gif

I, Aubéron, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Land raider Crusader with multi melta, and a Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought, with grav flux bombard and siege drill from Codex: Blood Angels and Horus Heresy vol VI of total value 655 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/17/80/50/96/img_3425.jpg

As you can see, I started painting the Land Raider. This is actually repainting over an old Land Raider painted at the time the colors of the Grey Knights.

I will do everything it again so do not worry.

Friendly.

Aub. (Vow 2)

Nice! I'll echo Charlo - looking forward to seeing that Leviathan all painted up in glorious Blood Angel colours. As for the vow technicalities I think only the good Captain can answer that but yeah, I think only legal 40K stuff is allowed. Should be ok to make it counts-as though?

Finished second vow. The Termis and Captain are ready for battle. :)

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/DSCN3532_zpsuevfqljb.jpg

Knocking out vows like a boss! You can make three more if you want ;)

He can be counted as a cyclonic Melta lance? It's the same point cost.

Going to need a Semper ruling on that...

Yes it can. You are not gaining any points and it seems unfair to disqualify the whole effort on the back of that. So Cyclonic Melta Lance it is! :)

Yes it can. You are not gaining any points and it seems unfair to disqualify the whole effort on the back of that. So Cyclonic Melta Lance it is! :)

Now I am genuinely tempted to vow my leviathan for BA, instead of paint it up for DG heresy D:

Archived