+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

I, the Mad Greek, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Squad PYRROS (counts as Raphen's Death Co) of the KHALKOTAUROI (Blood Angel Successor) from the Deathstorm Shield of Baal supplement to Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 210 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

Pics to follow this evening when I can figure out how to get back in Photobucket and then link the photos.  It has been awhile.

I, the Mad Greek, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Squad PYRROS (counts as Raphen's Death Co) of the KHALKOTAUROI (Blood Angel Successor) from the Deathstorm Shield of Baal supplement to Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 210 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

Pics to follow this evening when I can figure out how to get back in Photobucket and then link the photos. It has been awhile.

It has indeed! Not only welcome back but welcome to your first event since ETL II :)

Looking forward to your bronze/gold marines! (Assuming your Death Company follow that scheme?)

Looking forward to your bronze/gold marines! (Assuming your Death Company follow that scheme?)

They do.  Instead of black I am going to try a dark bronze for DC and Chaplains.  Not sure how I will like it yet, this is kind of my test platform.

He can be counted as a cyclonic Melta lance? It's the same point cost.

Yes it can. You are not gaining any points and it seems unfair to disqualify the whole effort on the back of that. So Cyclonic Melta Lance it is! :)
Now I am genuinely tempted to vow my leviathan for BA, instead of paint it up for DG heresy D:

Mate, don't you already have like 2,000 points to paint as is?

Another year and another move smack in the middle of ETL. Well I am getting here a bit late, but I will do my duty.

I, Chapel XIII, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Brother Corbulo, a level two librarian with Gillian's Staff and jump pack, and a sanguinary priest with power sword, jump pack, and additional weapon Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 326 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

med_gallery_63338_12128_27712.jpg

I'm embarrassed it took me so long, but I've finished my first vow.  The second should go faster since I find vehicles much easier and more enjoyable to work on.

Behold!  Saul Tyriks, Chapter Master of the Storm Angels!  Known to his troops as "The Final Word," both for his brevity of speech and his ferocious onslaught.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1079_zpssbidk7ya.jpg

I don't have the paints I need to do the blood drops (they will probably be gemstones) and I'm over on my hobby budget for now, so I'm calling him finished though I intend to paint things like that still.  Because the chapter has spent much of their history on crusade, I want their armor to be a bit less resplendent than what is normal, hence using baser metals for his artificer armor.  I used agrax to wash his Ironbreaker, which gave it a slightly bronze tint that isn't super apparent here, but I will be using nuln oil on iron in the future to avoid that.

Here is Killian Ohran, 8th Company Captain (though I think I am going to swap him to another company, since I think the 8th co's captain should be a bit more assaulty than this build).  

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1100_zpse5hfobek.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1093_zpsce54qnx7.jpg

I put a lot of time into trying to layer this guy's cape, and I think it turned out okay.  It looks a bit better in person (I haven't found an ideal lighting situation yet).  I had to do it twice because the first time I used nuln oil to wash and it was just way too dark.  It still looks a little too dark to me, but I can fix that when I'm a better painter.  I might have rushed it the second time as a result of redoing it, but I'm not unhappy with it.  It's khorne red underneath, mephiston red on top. Also, my first attempt at basing, using agrellan earth, which is really inconsistent with how much it cracks.  I'm thinking the heat or humidity of my work room is playing a role in that.  I'll add some detail to the base and clean up the edges when I get more into that.

And finally:

Aedan Absalom, who I did not enjoy painting.  I think the model's level of detail is a little bit out of my depth right now, so I will probably repaint him in a couple months when I'm better.  I tried REALLY hard to do a good job highlighting his robes, and it looks good when the lights are kind of dim.  This was also the first hair and face I've painted, which I'm not really happy with.  I also got over ambitious, and tried painting scars on his face , which was a terrible idea, now rectified.  I won't feel bad putting him on the table, but I feel pretty certain he hasn't seen the last of my brush.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1104_zpsju1jfkf9.jpg

This model also had a lot more difficult to reach spots than the others, which I think added to my displeasure in working on him.  I'm glad to move on to my stormraven soon!

I'm embarrassed it took me so long, but I've finished my first vow.  The second should go faster since I find vehicles much easier and more enjoyable to work on.

Behold!  Saul Tyriks, Chapter Master of the Storm Angels!  Known to his troops as "The Final Word," both for his brevity of speech and his ferocious onslaught.

I don't have the paints I need to do the blood drops (they will probably be gemstones) and I'm over on my hobby budget for now, so I'm calling him finished though I intend to paint things like that still.  Because the chapter has spent much of their history on crusade, I want their armor to be a bit less resplendent than what is normal, hence using baser metals for his artificer armor.  I used agrax to wash his Ironbreaker, which gave it a slightly bronze tint that isn't super apparent here, but I will be using nuln oil on iron in the future to avoid that.

Here is Killian Ohran, 8th Company Captain (though I think I am going to swap him to another company, since I think the 8th co's captain should be a bit more assaulty than this build).  

I put a lot of time into trying to layer this guy's cape, and I think it turned out okay.  It looks a bit better in person (I haven't found an ideal lighting situation yet).  I had to do it twice because the first time I used nuln oil to wash and it was just way too dark.  It still looks a little too dark to me, but I can fix that when I'm a better painter.  I might have rushed it the second time as a result of redoing it, but I'm not unhappy with it.  It's khorne red underneath, mephiston red on top. Also, my first attempt at basing, using agrellan earth, which is really inconsistent with how much it cracks.  I'm thinking the heat or humidity of my work room is playing a role in that.  I'll add some detail to the base and clean up the edges when I get more into that.

And finally:

Aedan Absalom, who I did not enjoy painting.  I think the model's level of detail is a little bit out of my depth right now, so I will probably repaint him in a couple months when I'm better.  I tried REALLY hard to do a good job highlighting his robes, and it looks good when the lights are kind of dim.  This was also the first hair and face I've painted, which I'm not really happy with.  I also got over ambitious, and tried painting scars on his face , which was a terrible idea, now rectified.  I won't feel bad putting him on the table, but I feel pretty certain he hasn't seen the last of my brush.

This model also had a lot more difficult to reach spots than the others, which I think added to my displeasure in working on him.  I'm glad to move on to my stormraven soon!

They look great! Very unique and awesome paint job!

I'm embarrassed it took me so long, but I've finished my first vow. The second should go faster since I find vehicles much easier and more enjoyable to work on.

Behold! Saul Tyriks, Chapter Master of the Storm Angels! Known to his troops as "The Final Word," both for his brevity of speech and his ferocious onslaught.

I don't have the paints I need to do the blood drops (they will probably be gemstones) and I'm over on my hobby budget for now, so I'm calling him finished though I intend to paint things like that still. Because the chapter has spent much of their history on crusade, I want their armor to be a bit less resplendent than what is normal, hence using baser metals for his artificer armor. I used agrax to wash his Ironbreaker, which gave it a slightly bronze tint that isn't super apparent here, but I will be using nuln oil on iron in the future to avoid that.

I put a lot of time into trying to layer this guy's cape, and I think it turned out okay. It looks a bit better in person (I haven't found an ideal lighting situation yet). I had to do it twice because the first time I used nuln oil to wash and it was just way too dark. It still looks a little too dark to me, but I can fix that when I'm a better painter. I might have rushed it the second time as a result of redoing it, but I'm not unhappy with it. It's khorne red underneath, mephiston red on top. Also, my first attempt at basing, using agrellan earth, which is really inconsistent with how much it cracks. I'm thinking the heat or humidity of my work room is playing a role in that. I'll add some detail to the base and clean up the edges when I get more into that.

And finally:

Aedan Absalom, who I did not enjoy painting. I think the model's level of detail is a little bit out of my depth right now, so I will probably repaint him in a couple months when I'm better. I tried REALLY hard to do a good job highlighting his robes, and it looks good when the lights are kind of dim. This was also the first hair and face I've painted, which I'm not really happy with. I also got over ambitious, and tried painting scars on his face , which was a terrible idea, now rectified. I won't feel bad putting him on the table, but I feel pretty certain he hasn't seen the last of my brush.

This model also had a lot more difficult to reach spots than the others, which I think added to my displeasure in working on him. I'm glad to move on to my stormraven soon!

Awesome. Great work on that cloak.

EDC

Out of likes as usual! Great work though brothers, we're coming along nicely and picking up speed. I spent last night painting when I really should have been sorting out for my flight (the wifelet wasn't pleased) but I wanted one last input before I disappear for nearly a week. So in homage to the few Always Sunny fans in the BA forum I leave you with a Golden God msn-wink.gif

med_gallery_27469_12034_984914.jpg

Go well brothers, I'll return next week smile.png

Nice old captain, Arkaniss. Look great.

After two days of intensive painting, here the finished Land Raider.

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/17/80/50/96/img_3430.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/17/80/50/96/img_3432.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/17/80/50/96/img_3431.jpg

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/17/80/50/96/img_3433.jpg

And now, the Leviathan. rolleyes.gif

2nd vow : achievement : 1/2. biggrin.png

Aub.

Yes it can. You are not gaining any points and it seems unfair to disqualify the whole effort on the back of that. So Cyclonic Melta Lance it is! smile.png
Now I am genuinely tempted to vow my leviathan for BA, instead of paint it up for DG heresy D:

I came here to have a good time and I'm honestly, just feeling so attacked right now :'(

:P

Yeah yeah, paint for the paint god - my Thursday just free'd up so with some luck i'll get going.

Vow 1 complete!

Congrats and congrats on an especially smooth gold happy.png Got anything lined up for a successive vow?

Another year and another move smack in the middle of ETL. Well I am getting here a bit late, but I will do my duty.

I, Chapel XIII, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Brother Corbulo, a level two librarian with Gillian's Staff and jump pack, and a sanguinary priest with power sword, jump pack, and additional weapon Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 326 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

med_gallery_63338_12128_27712.jpg

Typical Inner Circle, always planning stuff when it's the most inconvenient ph34r.png

All the same, welcome to this year's event and don't forget your banner:

gallery_62972_10568_29088.jpg

... I have to ask though. What have you got in store to make Galian's staff (as opposed to a regular force staff) and to mark him out as a level two Librarian?

I'm embarrassed it took me so long, but I've finished my first vow. The second should go faster since I find vehicles much easier and more enjoyable to work on.

Behold! Saul Tyriks, Chapter Master of the Storm Angels! Known to his troops as "The Final Word," both for his brevity of speech and his ferocious onslaught.

I don't have the paints I need to do the blood drops (they will probably be gemstones) and I'm over on my hobby budget for now, so I'm calling him finished though I intend to paint things like that still. Because the chapter has spent much of their history on crusade, I want their armor to be a bit less resplendent than what is normal, hence using baser metals for his artificer armor. I used agrax to wash his Ironbreaker, which gave it a slightly bronze tint that isn't super apparent here, but I will be using nuln oil on iron in the future to avoid that.

I put a lot of time into trying to layer this guy's cape, and I think it turned out okay. It looks a bit better in person (I haven't found an ideal lighting situation yet). I had to do it twice because the first time I used nuln oil to wash and it was just way too dark. It still looks a little too dark to me, but I can fix that when I'm a better painter. I might have rushed it the second time as a result of redoing it, but I'm not unhappy with it. It's khorne red underneath, mephiston red on top. Also, my first attempt at basing, using agrellan earth, which is really inconsistent with how much it cracks. I'm thinking the heat or humidity of my work room is playing a role in that. I'll add some detail to the base and clean up the edges when I get more into that.

And finally:

Aedan Absalom, who I did not enjoy painting. I think the model's level of detail is a little bit out of my depth right now, so I will probably repaint him in a couple months when I'm better. I tried REALLY hard to do a good job highlighting his robes, and it looks good when the lights are kind of dim. This was also the first hair and face I've painted, which I'm not really happy with. I also got over ambitious, and tried painting scars on his face , which was a terrible idea, now rectified. I won't feel bad putting him on the table, but I feel pretty certain he hasn't seen the last of my brush.

This model also had a lot more difficult to reach spots than the others, which I think added to my displeasure in working on him. I'm glad to move on to my stormraven soon!

Pretty excellent paint scheme you have there Tyriks; have you got a blog yet? Only I can imagine many of us would like to see some more of your work. Also, feeling motivated for a second vow? msn-wink.gif

Yes it can. You are not gaining any points and it seems unfair to disqualify the whole effort on the back of that. So Cyclonic Melta Lance it is! smile.png

I came here to have a good time and I'm honestly, just feeling so attacked right now :'(

:P

Yeah yeah, paint for the paint god - my Thursday just free'd up so with some luck i'll get going.

All in jest my good man.

In all seriousness though I think it would be awesome painted red!

I want a Leviathan Dread, that thing is brilliant! But I doubt I could do him much justice, as weathering isn't my forte, and HH models need all the weathering!

I know tongue.png I'm just pulling Tumblr memes out of my nethers.

The rest of my 40k BA isn't weathered so he wouldn't be!

I'll probably end up painting him for 40k... Too many Dreads not too... Plus I've already got a BA Contemptor and Deredeo, they need another buddy!

Plus he wouldn't be full red anyway - Black, Red and Gold for me. I'm partially tempted to just do him gold though... Seeing as he's a mega-relic...

It's kind of insane really - you drop one down with a Melta Lance, Siege Drill (w/ Meltagun) & 3 Hunter Killers... Wow.

Also heard fun things of the DEATH BLOSSOM pattern in 30k - Two Storm Cannons and chest mounted assault cannons.

Out of likes as usual! Great work though brothers, we're coming along nicely and picking up speed. I spent last night painting when I really should have been sorting out for my flight (the wifelet wasn't pleased) but I wanted one last input before I disappear for nearly a week. So in homage to the few Always Sunny fans in the BA forum I leave you with a Golden God ;)

Go well brothers, I'll return next week :)

Well now, this, I like.

I, the Mad Greek, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Squad PYRROS (counts as Raphen's Death Co) of the KHALKOTAUROI (Blood Angel Successor) from the Deathstorm Shield of Baal supplement to Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 210 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

Pics to follow this evening when I can figure out how to get back in Photobucket and then link the photos.  It has been awhile.

Finally, got pics downloaded AND Photobucket is working again.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/ETL%20V/IMAG2983_zpsouvwmyr8.jpg

These are Legion of the Damned models that I got a hold of that I will convert.  Using a variety of bits from Anvil Industry, a designer named Dynath on Shapeways, and MaxMini.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/ETL%20V/IMAG3021_zpsadjusgto.jpg

Here they are cut, pinned, and blue tac'd.

Out of likes as usual! Great work though brothers, we're coming along nicely and picking up speed. I spent last night painting when I really should have been sorting out for my flight (the wifelet wasn't pleased) but I wanted one last input before I disappear for nearly a week. So in homage to the few Always Sunny fans in the BA forum I leave you with a Golden God msn-wink.gif

Go well brothers, I'll return next week smile.png

YES!!! More Golden Gods!

Now I want to make a successor named "champions of the sun" led by chapter master Charlie Kelly or better known by his men as the Dayman and master of karate....

But in all seriousness, great looking model!

And don't worry jolemai, vow two is in the works with pics in my blog. Just gotta prep some more. If only there was a BA ETL prep thread leading up to this event.... Oh wait...

Archived