+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

@bushman101: I like the use of the smaller wings on the jump packs. They can be a pain to fit on shoulder pads sometimes when you get a jump/backpack on there also, that is a good alternate!

Just one week left to join our ETL cause.

26681463045_c2fbec1a39_z.jpg

Just one week left to obtain your BA-flavoured Oath of Moment banner

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/Signatures/Signature_zpsgyhcopnh.jpg

Just one week left register your pledged character against another in a fight of honour, courage and bravery to overcome all odds

Feast of Blades 2016: Baal

Just one week left to help Charlo complete the most amazing vow known to ETL-kind

Baalhemian Rhapsody

Just one week...

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

ONE WEEK REMAINS TO JOIN IN!

ON JUNE 15TH THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

... I have to ask though. What have you got in store to make Galian's staff (as opposed to a regular force staff) and to mark him out as a level two Librarian?

He is the old Tigurius model so the insignia on him is all of an Epistolary level and that has been enough in the past for the Level 2 upgrade.  As for the staff, I thought the miniature was sufficiently fancy to warrant the Gallian's relic since it is originally meant to represent the Rod of Tigurius. Though now that you mention it I might remove the skill and wings and replace them with a chalice which might look pretty great. I'll have to work one up and see how it looks. 

I, Hannibaal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Drop Pods from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 70 points on or before August 15th, 2016.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before photo:

After photo:

Nice pods, Hanibaal.

Quick question: Did you paint the inside of those pods or did you glue the doors shut?

I need to make 3 pods for an upcoming tournament ... I am contemplating gluing the doors shut to make my life easier but was wondering if anyone else did this and if it was considered "kosher" or whether I might upset opponents at the tourney if mine are glued shut. I've never faced an army where the pod doors didn't open myself.

I, Hannibaal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Drop Pods from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 70 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before photo:

After photo:

Nice pods, Hanibaal.

Quick question: Did you paint the inside of those pods or did you glue the doors shut?

I need to make 3 pods for an upcoming tournament ... I am contemplating gluing the doors shut to make my life easier but was wondering if anyone else did this and if it was considered "kosher" or whether I might upset opponents at the tourney if mine are glued shut. I've never faced an army where the pod doors didn't open myself.

I'm painting mine opened. You can magnetize the doors to open and close if you want. But I also know people that glue them shut for easy transportation/quicker painting.

Thanks! I glued the doors of my drop pods shut. I've never particularly enjoyed working on drop pods and gluing the doors shut made the assembly and painting much more enjoyable. Bottom line is that for me, it made for happier modeling. smile.png

After much deliberation, I have settled upon my 3rd ETL Vow.

I, Hannibaal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 10 Death Company Marines with jump packs, 2 power fists and a hand flamer from Codex Blood Angels with a total value of 290 points on or before August 15th 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before photo:

Death Company ETL V Vow

After photo:

Finished D Co ETL Vow 3

PS. I do love my little runt of the litter in the middle there. I'm just happy that after all of these years he has finally found a home smile.png

Vow complete

Excellent work! Fancy a follow up? smile.png

Will do. Gotta do that counts-as Captain/Imperial Space Marine :D Probably after work.

I like the use of gold on that chaplain, may have to steal that for mine....

Do it. The Blood Angels chappy has nice details that can be picked out

@bushman101: I like the use of the smaller wings on the jump packs. They can be a pain to fit on shoulder pads sometimes when you get a jump/backpack on there also, that is a good alternate!

I use those wings on any model that can be used as Vanguard. Got a bunch from DC sets and the old DA upgrade sprue

I've been thinking a lot about what to vow next.  I knew my Stormraven would be included, but couldn't decide what else.  I've decided to just go for the raven for now, since I have more vows later.  So, I, Tyriks of the Storm Angels, pledge to paint The Morrighan, my Stormraven.  She's a pugnacious and unforgiving bird, clocking in at 255 points, loaded with missiles and the hurricane bolters (I'll actually probably run her with mult-melta instead of missiles, but points, so I'm painting her with the missiles).  Should I break my vow, I will wear the badge of oathbreaker for the rest of the year.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee443/Tyriks/IMG_1087_zpsedn7afqg.jpg

After much deliberation, I have settled upon my 3rd ETL Vow.

I, Hannibaal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 10 Death Company Marines with jump packs, 2 power fists and a hand flamer from Codex Blood Angels with a total value of 290 points on or before August 15th 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before photo:

PS. I do love my little runt of the litter in the middle there. I'm just happy that after all of these years he has finally found a home smile.png

Haha, he should be fine, yes. Solid second vow and potentially quick too ;)

I've been thinking a lot about what to vow next. I knew my Stormraven would be included, but couldn't decide what else. I've decided to just go for the raven for now, since I have more vows later. So, I, Tyriks of the Storm Angels, pledge to paint The Morrighan, my Stormraven. She's a pugnacious and unforgiving bird, clocking in at 255 points, loaded with missiles and the hurricane bolters (I'll actually probably run her with mult-melta instead of missiles, but points, so I'm painting her with the missiles). Should I break my vow, I will wear the badge of oathbreaker for the rest of the year.

Looks like a great choice! I guess you're not painting the inside? Also what are your plans for the base?

Drop Pod does are the subject of the latest C:SM FAQ and it stands to reason we'll get the same ruling so bear that in mind.

I'd also recommend talking to the tournent organisers to see if it's OK.

Wow! I did not update for a day and all hell broke loose! 

I can see the BAs attracting new recruits (welcome Mad Greek and ChapelXIII - good to see you again both), completing vows and making second or even third vows! This is a huge level of activity in just two days... Impressive! 

Although I have yet to update quite a few other factions, at this point, you have the highest completion rate just short of 20%! :o

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I've been thinking a lot about what to vow next.  I knew my Stormraven would be included, but couldn't decide what else.  I've decided to just go for the raven for now, since I have more vows later.  So, I, Tyriks of the Storm Angels, pledge to paint The Morrighan, my Stormraven.  She's a pugnacious and unforgiving bird, clocking in at 255 points, loaded with missiles and the hurricane bolters (I'll actually probably run her with mult-melta instead of missiles, but points, so I'm painting her with the missiles).  Should I break my vow, I will wear the badge of oathbreaker for the rest of the year.

Great.. But why prime the canopy?

I am kind of a giant, so working in tiny, tight spaces like that never works out. Plus, my chapter is based in a desert, so tinted windows makes sense.

I'm working on the base. I am trying to paint agrellan earth onto it in such a way that it looks wind-swept, who knows if that will work.

I am kind of a giant, so working in tiny, tight spaces like that never works out. Plus, my chapter is based in a desert, so tinted windows makes sense.

I'm working on the base. I am trying to paint agrellan earth onto it in such a way that it looks wind-swept, who knows if that will work.

Cool. Just wondering how you're going about avoiding any frosting on the stand?

Archived