+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

The issue is using superglue to attach the stand to the base. The fumes emitted from the glue stick to the clear stand and make it go white. You can avoid this by masking it off before you glue it.

Agrellan earth wont have any effect.

As an aside, Agrellan wont really look to wind swept, more dried out, like a river that has caked. Deserts are more commonly fine, well sorted sand than mud. Don't use angular rocks, have trees that are bare at the bottom, or are low scrub etc.

Vow #2

I bushman101, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Captain (counts as using Imperial Space Marine) with Combi bolter

Tactical Squad with vet Sgt, power sword and grav gun

from Blood Angels of total value 210 pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/bushman010/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160609_112528_zps7qggmmsi.jpg

Vow #2

from Blood Angels of total value 210 pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/bushman010/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160609_112528_zps7qggmmsi.jpg

What going on the bases of the models without mesh? Otherwise all the best and I look forward to seeing the end results :)

Lots of folk going for multiple vows this year thumbsup.gif

I, Threefiddy, Three Dollars and Fifty Cents, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Dante from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 220 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/DanteProxy_zpsqq8chmkw.jpg

Guess im gonna need the Ok that I can use this model.

Plus I will take a picture with an actual camera as my phone one sucks.

He has the pistol the axe, the jump pack will be there (can photo it if needed) and PLUS he is tiny compared to the 'new' astartes.

Peace

I had no idea that was a problem, thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll tape it and maybe put some foliage around it to hide any that does happen.

As for agrellan earth, I know what it normally looks like. I experimented with making it look like a windswept desert. I put a lot of light coats on so they barely cracked, and then put more on top of that. It looks interesting, though maybe not what I wanted. It does look like small drifts of sand. I will maybe post a pic later to show you what I mean. I had tried using actual sand but it looks like pebbles, so I tried this.

That model is suitably blinged-out to be a Chapter Master I think. Give him a jump pack and he meets WYSIWYG for wargear and that Aquila mask could easily be his fear inducing death mask of Sanguinius IMO.

I used Cato Sicarius as the base for my counts-as Dante so I see no reason why one of Calgar's honour guard can't serve equally well.

Vow 2,

I, Brother Lemartes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Brother Corbulo 120pts

DC Dred Blood talons, melta gun/heavyflamer, magna grapel 145 pts.

10 man tactical squad with heavy flamer, melta gun, 2x inferno pistols on sgt. 190pts

Total: 455

I, Boudan, again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following: A Terminator Assault Squad with Thunderhammers and Storm Shields; a Devastator Squad consisting of three (3) Lascannons, one (1) Missile Launcher with Flakk Missiles, and Sergeant with Thunderhammer, Plasma Pistol and Melta Bombs; and one (1) Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannon Sponsons and Hunter-Killer Missile, all from Codex: Blood Angels, of total value 615 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/5FF633BD-9D8D-4B77-8E05-908DA528EDA9_zpsq9gzqqrj.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/D418233C-C8DD-4F43-A327-A4ED084668DC_zpsryfqxv7m.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/BE127BBF-4BCC-4756-A0DE-E40BECA99F99_zpsjr7qhfhn.jpg

Vow #2

from Blood Angels of total value 210 pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

What going on the bases of the models without mesh? Otherwise all the best and I look forward to seeing the end results smile.png

Lots of folk going for multiple vows this year thumbsup.gif

Nothing fancy. Probaby some brown ballast with some static grass

I'm shooting for 5 complete vows this year. I'm breaking up my painting into 5 managable parts, since i'm moving across town in about a week

Really must get my Terminators finished only got 2 left to finish off and then i can move onto vow 2. Hopefully 2 weeks away with work might give me the chance i need to finish them.

I, Boudan, again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following: A Terminator Assault Squad with Thunderhammers and Storm Shields; a Devastator Squad consisting of three (3) Lascannons, one (1) Missile Launcher with Flakk Missiles, and Sergeant with Thunderhammer, Plasma Pistol and Melta Bombs; and one (1) Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannon Sponsons and Hunter-Killer Missile, all from Codex: Blood Angels, of total value 615 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/5FF633BD-9D8D-4B77-8E05-908DA528EDA9_zpsq9gzqqrj.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/D418233C-C8DD-4F43-A327-A4ED084668DC_zpsryfqxv7m.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/BE127BBF-4BCC-4756-A0DE-E40BECA99F99_zpsjr7qhfhn.jpg

That should up our average nicely and a mustard Sicaran <3

Vow 2,

I, Brother Lemartes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Brother Corbulo 120pts

10 man tactical squad with heavy flamer, melta gun, 2x inferno pistols on sgt. 190pts

Good chunky vow there. I guess you're going to split it into stages? What's up first?

I, Threefiddy, Three Dollars and Fifty Cents, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Dante from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 220 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/Threef1ddy/DanteProxy_zpsqq8chmkw.jpg

Guess im gonna need the Ok that I can use this model.

Plus I will take a picture with an actual camera as my phone one sucks.

He has the pistol the axe, the jump pack will be there (can photo it if needed) and PLUS he is tiny compared to the 'new' astartes.

Peace

Welcome aboard and that should be fine for your Successor, especially as he's already been suitably converted. What colour will he be?

I, Bukimimaru, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Sternguard vets (1 Powersword, 4x Combi-Plasmas and 1 Plasma gun.) and their accompanying Drop pod.  from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 215 points on or before August 15th, 2016.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Pics of the current (primed red) models will follow this evening.

EDIT - PICS!

Vow1

I, Bukimimaru, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Sternguard vets (1 Powersword, 4x Combi-Plasmas and 1 Plasma gun.) and their accompanying Drop pod. from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 215 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Pics of the current (primed red) models will follow this evening.

Glad to have you with us again and these should turn out to be stunning having seen one of his friends :)

Ok, Jury trials and a local Blood bowl league starting up are eating my hobby time. I'll get to those two dreads i pledged after this next week. I keep reading these threads and am getting itchy to paint some supremely confident angels of death instead of high elf linemen. You Frater are such a hobby inspiration!

Vow 2,

Brother Corbulo 120pts

Good chunky vow there. I guess you're going to split it into stages? What's up first?

I'm knocking the Tac squad out first. Already got the first layer of evil suns on them last night. Army painter pure red really makes it easy to get the red I want with evil Suns. Mephiston spray from gw was a little too dark for me. Too bad my pure red spray dented at the bottom (guess it exploded a bit), but at least got the tacs done before that. May need to use white for my other planned vows...

I plan on having this vow completed by next Friday at the latest!

Not sure how I messed up quoting there lol, really have trouble posting from my phone at times haha.

Fixed it!

Are there painter/coloring apps for stuff beyond just plain marines? A big part of my delay has been painting stuff and then repainting it because it doesn't look as good as I had visualized.

Welcome aboard and that should be fine for your Successor, especially as he's already been suitably converted. What colour will he be?

Same sort of colour as the emperors champ I did in last seasons ETL (red and black lol), had to remove a fair bit of the ultramarine toilet seat symbols gonna probably add some flesh tearer etched brass. Cant decide what colour to do the jump pack, will be the classic type similar to the ones on raptors.

Got loads done on him last night, courtesy of jet lag, if i keep this pace up might get through a few vows. See if I can do more than last year.

That model is suitably blinged-out to be a Chapter Master I think. Give him a jump pack and he meets WYSIWYG for wargear and that Aquila mask could easily be his fear inducing death mask of Sanguinius IMO.

I used Cato Sicarius as the base for my counts-as Dante so I see no reason why one of Calgar's honour guard can't serve equally well.

Post a pic ! Cato is obviously the greatest Ultramarine ... no Astartes, that has ever lived !?

https://youtu.be/bM8YGsAmeqE?t=131

Peace

@ bushman101: Good luck with your Tacts! And I certainly look forward to see the Imperial Space Marine coming to life! yes.gif

@ Threefiddy: Welcome to the ETL! The count-as Dante is fine - if anything it has even more blink than the aged Dante mini... However I'd expect to see the jump-pack too. It's in Dante's point value. msn-wink.gif

@ Brother Lemartes: A second vow? That's the way it must be for the BAs - good luck mate!

@ Boudan: ...which brings us to yet another follow-up vow! That's the spirit! And quite a few points too! thumbsup.gif

@ Bukimimaru: Welcome to the ETL! I can see the ranks of the BAs growing! Great momentum guys, keep it up while there is still time!

@ gav1892: A big completion! Bravo - that puts some points under the BA belt! Will you be following up? The Scarab is sick btw...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Librarian and Razorback finished. That takes me to the half way point at 550/1100pts vowed/painted. The rest should be plain sailing, as the first part was 10 infantry, 1 character, 3 vehicles, and the second half is 6 infantry, 1 character, 1 vehicle...

I'm quite happy with the librarian, considering a lot of the detail has been trashed by the Meph red spray. I'm glad the face still had enough recesses left for a shade to work!

gallery_58096_11797_215103.jpg

Here's a gods awful pic of the razor

gallery_58096_11967_199283.jpg

Archived