+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Hey Semper did you see my post? I assume it'll be ok to swap the base but I just want to check!

If I may answer on his behalf, the bases don't count for the ETL when it comes to painting so you should be fine changing the size...

That makes sense! Cheers Jolemai smile.png

More vows? Welcome aboard! biggrin.png

Last night was a chore but 22 back packs now painted up and glued on. Finished Mephiston and now I have just the Sanguinary Priest to do...

@Captain Semper: in my vow I had the Priest on the larger 32mm base but now I've come round to looking at painting him I realise that I don't want him on it as he'd be the only model on a larger base and wouldn't look right! Is it ok to swap it for a normal smaller base?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey Semper did you see my post? I assume it'll be ok to swap the base but I just want to check!

Yes - sorry for not replying. It is totally neutral if you want to go from 32mm to 25mm. Go right ahead and swap.

If I may answer on his behalf, the bases don't count for the ETL when it comes to painting so you should be fine changing the size...

Thanks Jolemai, this is more or less a correct answer.

The bases are indeed not a strict rule requirement because not all people posses the skills/means to do them. It is for their benefit that there is no "compulsory bases rule" in the ETL - not for people that would normally do bases to avoid doing them...

The spirit of the ETL dictates that if you usually do bases, then you are expected to do them and not economise on time hiding behind the fact that the bases are not a strict rule requirement. In a short, if you usually won't consider your models complete without basing you are expected to do the bases. This will not be policed - it's an honour thing.

Now obviously this is not a case of "to base or not to base" but to swap a 32mm base to a 25mm base. This is totally neutral from an ETL perspective RAW or RAI! :lol:

I, Thoridon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1x Captain Karlaen (160 pts)

1x Raphen's Death Company - BP/TH, BP/PF, BP/PS, IP/CS, BP/CS (210 pts)

1x Cassor the Damned (140 pts)

From Shield of Baal: Deathstorm for Codex: Blood Angels, of total value 510 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/FjbMzE5.jpg

Welcome Thoridon to the ETL and the B&C! Great vow there - good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cheers Semper I thought it'd be ok but I wanted to confirm first. I should have sorted it before I vowed but I was caught up in the excitement and rush of getting my first vow in :P Hindsight is 20/20 they say ;) Of course I shall be painting my bases as always - I suscribe to the 'bases and faces' school of thought to make a model pop!

Hey a buddy of mine is a good and fast painter with lots of Blood Angel and FT models ready to go... he was already on the fence about joining another forum, and now it turns out he is unable to. He got this message:

The Administrator is currently not accepting new membership registrations.

Can I pledge his models for him?

Hey a buddy of mine is a good and fast painter with lots of Blood Angel and FT models ready to go... he was already on the fence about joining another forum, and now it turns out he is unable to. He got this message:

The Administrator is currently not accepting new membership registrations.

Can I pledge his models for him?

No but tell him to send an email to the link below:

So you aren't seeing this on the registration page?

GREETINGS!

Welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword.

Please make sure that you have read and understand all the Forum Rules before you complete the registration process.

You can find the forum rules here:

We also strongly recommend you check out the B&C101 section, which is a quick start guide for how most of the common functions work on the B&C:

PLEASE NOTE:

We've temporarily shut off new registrations after a large spammer attack last week. If you would like to have an account manually created please contact BOLTERADMIN@GMAIL.COM for more details.

Other than that, welcome aboard and enjoy your time here!

-- The B&C Staff

Yeah get him to join the B&C! He won't regret it and I think we're a friendly lot anyway msn-wink.gif

I'm trying. Most of the other forums are so negative and complainy, I don't blame anyone for keeping their distance from the online community, I usually can't stand it myself, but I've always found this sub-forum very positive and friendly.

Yeah get him to join the B&C! He won't regret it and I think we're a friendly lot anyway msn-wink.gif

I'm trying. Most of the other forums are so negative and complainy, I don't blame anyone for keeping their distance from the online community, I usually can't stand it myself, but I've always found this sub-forum very positive and friendly.

I hear you brother. The B&C is the only place I go to these days - the environment is positive and encouraging. Never more so than in the friendly rivalry of an ETL - this being my first ever one I've taken part in. I've never been so motivated or painted so much (and so quickly!) in my life! So if your friend can join in then the more the merrier smile.png

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

2 HOURS REMAINING TO JOIN!

IN JUST 2 HOURS THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

SO MAKE HASTE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF YOUR FACTION NOW!

I, JMunnny, having weathered the trials of activating my account and gallery at the urging of Brother Hazzard of the Gun, rise to challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Blood Angel Attack Bike w/ Melta Gun from Codex: Blood Angels for total points value of 55 on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Also...hoping I made it in under the wire for this first model and will be able to pledge more later. I uh...can't seem to get the photo to link from my gallery (on this site) into the post from my office computer so I'll have to try again in a few hours...hopefully this will still let me join the battle!

I, JMunnny, having weathered the trials of activating my account and gallery at the urging of Brother Hazzard of the Gun, rise to challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Blood Angel Attack Bike w/ Melta Gun from Codex: Blood Angels for total points value of 55 on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Also...hoping I made it in under the wire for this first model and will be able to pledge more later. I uh...can't seem to get the photo to link from my gallery (on this site) into the post from my office computer so I'll have to try again in a few hours...hopefully this will still let me join the battle!

Welcome to Bolter and Chainsword and welcome to the event!

Here is the photo from your gallery dude, think you made it on time! hahaha... welcome.

gallery_76122_12151_76674.jpg

He posted before the doors closed, no? laugh.png

Welcome JMunny, I hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to ask any questions and when you realise your mistake come and join us in the Rock! :P

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Welcome, and smooth moves - Sliding in like Indiana Jones under some big block of rock and stuff. Good luck on the vows brother!

Here is my compleated first vow of 1 chaplain with a stormbolter for 95 points.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/0JN3va.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/9sFil0.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/rhEZGq.jpg

For my second vow, I will be making another chaplain but with a jump pack and plasma pistol. (Will make another post for "official" start with a pic)

So I finished my first vow yesterday!! 906 points for Dante, a captain and honor guard, a landraider, and 3 bikers.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/23/802095_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Dante%2C%20Death%20Mask%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Meltagun%2C%20Power%20Axe%2C%20Sanguinary%20Guard.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/6/805510_sm-Apothecary%2C%20Blood%20Angels%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Honor%20Guard%2C%20Space%20Marines.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/25/802593_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Space%20Marines.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/13/807062_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Heavy%20Bolter%2C%20Land%20Raider%2C%20Las%20Cannon%2C%20Multi%20Melta%2C%20Scrolls.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/15/807385_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Plasma%20Gun%2C%20Power%20Fist%2C%20Space%20Marine%20Bike.jpg

So for my second vow...I, Col Conrad  rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one vanguard veteran squad(95) with jump packs(15), relic blade(25), 1 storm shield(10), 2 thunder hammers(60), 2 plasma pistols(30), 1 hand flamer(10), and 1 power fist(25) for a total of 285 points,  on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Heres the before pic. Hope to have these guys done within the next two weeks, but we will see if life allows for that time frame ;-)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/15/807417_sm-.jpg

This thread just gets more awesome every time I login.

JMunny welcome to the Bolter and Chainswors and to the BA sub forum! You sure made your debut in style with a solid ETL vow! Looking forward to many discussions with you.

Col Contad - fantastic completion! Lots of points and those minis look awesome.

This thread is too full of win for me to congratulate everyone by name but excellent work to all the frater!

Here is my compleated first vow of 1 chaplain with a stormbolter for 95 points.

Hidden Content

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/0JN3va.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/9sFil0.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/rhEZGq.jpg

For my second vow, I will be making another chaplain but with a jump pack and plasma pistol. (Will make another post for "official" start with a pic)

Great work the Sir Ovbov - a classic mini with a very interesting back pack! Look forward for your next vow! 

So I finished my first vow yesterday!! 906 points for Dante, a captain and honor guard, a landraider, and 3 bikers.

Hidden Content

So for my second vow...I, Col Conrad  rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one vanguard veteran squad(95) with jump packs(15), relic blade(25), 1 storm shield(10), 2 thunder hammers(60), 2 plasma pistols(30), 1 hand flamer(10), and 1 power fist(25) for a total of 285 points,  on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(I will upload a before pic tomorrow).

Excellent completions with some much needed points in it! :tu: And I see you waste no time in re-vowing! Just remember to edit the "before" pics of your second vow in the post above since it's the one linked to the first page. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Welcome JMunny, glad you made it in time for the ETL biggrin.png Nice work on the Chaplain Ovbov, I look forward to seeing your next one thumbsup.gif Col Conrad that's a great completion and I like your Dante kit bash. May I ask where you got all those scrolls for your sweet Land Raider? Is the one on the front a made one with various bits? It looks great!

Archived