+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Here is my compleated first vow of 1 chaplain with a stormbolter for 95 points.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/0JN3va.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/9sFil0.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/rhEZGq.jpg

For my second vow, I will be making another chaplain but with a jump pack and plasma pistol. (Will make another post for "official" start with a pic)

wub.png

So I finished my first vow yesterday!! 906 points for Dante, a captain and honor guard, a landraider, and 3 bikers.

So for my second vow...I, Col Conrad rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one vanguard veteran squad(95) with jump packs(15), relic blade(25), 1 storm shield(10), 2 thunder hammers(60), 2 plasma pistols(30), 1 hand flamer(10), and 1 power fist(25) for a total of 285 points, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(I will upload a before pic tomorrow).

That's a whopping vow to complete inside a month and at that quality too blink.png Looking forward to the DC!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/0JN3va.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/9sFil0.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/rhEZGq.jpg

For my second vow, I will be making another chaplain but with a jump pack and plasma pistol. (Will make another post for "official" start with a pic)

Wonderful figure, well done.  And thanks so much for fixing that Crozius :)))

Wonderful figure, well done. And thanks so much for fixing that Crozius smile.png))

Thanks and no problem, I didn;t know if I wanted to fix it but when I found out you only needed to bend it, I was like "wow, really, that's cool!"

Thanks for all the feed back brothers! Your kind words keep me motivated. For anyone who would like a bit more info on my custom blood angels successor chapter and pics of all the completed minis so far, feel free to visit my PLOG on Dakka. I've been working on them for about a year now, and I think if I push I may be able to finish them all by the end of the ETL V. Heres a link for those who are interested:  http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/661070.page

I, Sir Ovbov, first of his name (and most likely last) rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with a JumpPack and a Plasma Pistol from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 120 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/924/ECP3AY.jpg

(I know its a bad photo :D)

I, Sir Ovbov, first of his name (and most likely last) rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with a JumpPack and a Plasma Pistol from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 120 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

(I know its a bad photo :D)

Cranking out the Chaplains I see :) Same colour scheme as before?

I, Sir Ovbov, first of his name (and most likely last) rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with a JumpPack and a Plasma Pistol from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 120 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

(I know its a bad photo biggrin.png)

Cranking out the Chaplains I see smile.png Same colour scheme as before?

Maybe, probably, but I think I will be using either more green or purple than bone/ cream

(I know its a bad photo biggrin.png)

Well done Sir Ovbov - multiplying effect is the essence of the ETL - and the BA strategy!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

For those that saw, Teetengee made a post asking for what is eligible for ETL-Faction Blood Angels:

Hiya folks, this is your not so resident crazy Teetengee looking for a small spot of assistance. I am going to try to track the models painted/vowed for this years ETL (rather than the points) again, as I did last year. However, these days there are far too many new things out for me to really keep track of. Hence the assistance I mentioned.

If someone could pm me a list of all the different units that your forum can legally vow grouped into the following categories, I would be eternally grateful. Please include the minimum size (since many people vow msu without giving model counts) and any relevant details on units that mix these types. Thank you so much!

Power Armour (including artificer variants) Infantry
Terminator Infantry
Human Infantry
Other Infantry

Jump Infantry
Beast/Cavalry
Bike

Monstrous Creature
Gargantuan Creature

Tank
Superheavy Tank
Walker
Superheavy Walker
Other Superheavy
Other Vehicle

Artillery
Fortifications

PS: Prepare to get crushed enemies of the True Gods!

Anyway, I replied and thought I'd also post it here as I feel it makes interesting reading:

Note that the number in parenthesis is the minimum unit size and the duplicates are because of wargear choice.

Power Armour (including artificer variants) Infantry

• Assault Squad (5)
  • Brother Corbulo
  • Captain
  • Captain Tycho
  • Chaplain
  • Command Squad (5)
  • Cypher
  • Death Company (5)
  • Devastator Squad (5)
  • Gabriel Seth
  • Librarian
  • Malakim Phoros
  • Mephiston
  • Raphen’s Death Company
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • Sternguard Veterans(5)
  • Tactical Squad (5)
  • Techmarine
  • Tycho the Lost

Terminator Infantry

• Captain
  • Captain Karlaen
  • Chaplain
  • Librarian
  • Squad Alphaeus
  • Terminator Squad (5)
  • Terminator Assault Squad (5)

Human Infantry

• Servitor
  • Scout Squad (5)

Other Infantry

• N/A

Jump Infantry

• Assault Squad (5)
  • Astorath
  • Captain
  • Chaplain
  • Command Squad (5)
  • Commander Dante
  • Death Company (5)
  • Lemartes
  • Librarian
  • Sanguinary Guard (5)
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • Techmarine
  • The Sanguinor
  • Vanguard Veterans (5)

Beast/Cavalry

• N/A

Bike

• Attack Bike (1)
  • Bike Squadron (3)
  • Captain
  • Chaplain
  • Librarian
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • Scout Bike Squadron (3)
  • Techmarine

Monstrous Creature

• N/A

Gargantuan Creature

• N/A

Tank

• Baal Predator
  • Damocles Command Rhino
  • Deimos-pattern Predator Executioner
  • Deimos Vindicator Laser Destroyer
  • Infernum-pattern Razorback
  • Land Raider
  • Land Raider Achilles
  • Land Raider Crusader
  • Land Raider Excelsior
  • Land Raider Helios
  • Land Raider Promethius
  • Land Raider Proteus
  • Land Raider Redeemer
  • Predator
  • Razorback
  • Relic Sicaran Battle Tank
  • Relic Whirlwind Scorpius
  • Rhino
  • Rhino Primaris
  • Spartan Assault Tank
  • Vindicator
  • Whirlwind
  • Whirlwind Hyperios Defense Tank

Superheavy Tank

• Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer
  • Fellblade Super-heavy Tank
  • Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

Walker

• Blood Angels Contemptor-pattern Dreadnought
  • Cassor the Damned
  • Death Company Dreadnought
  • Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought
  • Dreadnought
  • Furioso Dreadnought
  • Librarian Dreadnought
  • Relic Leviathan Dreadnought

Superheavy Walker

• Cerastus Knight-Acheron
  • Cerastus Knight-Atrapos
  • Cerastus Knight-Castigator
  • Cerastus Knight-Lancer
  • Gerantius
  • Imperial Knight Errant
  • Imperial Knight Crusader
  • Imperial Knight Gallant
  • Imperial Knight Paladin
  • Imperial Knight Warden
  • Questoris Knight Magaera
  • Reaver Titan
  • Warhound Titan
  • Warlord Titan

Other Superheavy

• Thunderhawk Gunship
  • Thunderhawk Transporter

Other Vehicle

• Caestus Assault Ram
  • Deathstorm Drop Pod
  • Drop Pod
  • Fire Raptor Gunship
  • Javelin Attack Speeder
  • Land Speeder Squadron (1)
  • Land Speeder Tempest (1)
  • Lucius-pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod
  • Storm Eagle Assault Gunship
  • Stormraven Gunship
  • Xiphon-pattern Interceptor

Artillery

• Space Marine Rapier Weapons Battery (1)
  • Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery (1)

Fortifications

• N/A

GW Supplements

The factions that take part in the ETL will still generally be defined by one (or more) official Codices as mentioned above. On top of that, ANY UNIT FROM AN OFFICIAL GWSUPPLEMENT THAT EXPLICITLY STATES IT CAN BE USED WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED CODEX IS ALLOWED! So, Campaign Supplements, Data Slates, White Dwarf exclusives, etc. are all allowed to be a part of one’s vow provided it is explicitly mentioned that the unit/item can be used in conjunction with the Codex that defines the faction.

Fortifications are in the stronhold assault supplement, which can be used with codex BA, so I assume fortifications are good.

Use the boxes your models came in to make bastions.

Do i understand correctly that ETL vows are alloved to be basecoatet from the start? And you can have up to three vows?

Got dante and around 20 sg who has unfortunately gotten their first was allready... would have been great points for us :P

Do i understand correctly that ETL vows are alloved to be basecoatet from the start? And you can have up to three vows?

Got dante and around 20 sg who has unfortunately gotten their first was allready... would have been great points for us tongue.png

You can have up to five vows total. As for the other part of the question, it really depends on how far gone they are. Some basecoat (and yes, that's a different colour from your undercoat) is permitted so as to not give an unfair advantage to those who only need to apply an undercoat (think Death Company, Black Templars, Black Legion, etc).

That said, any new recruits between now and the 15th August are considered Out of Competition entries and thus, your points will not count towards our total.

Out-of-competition entries

There could be cases that what people want to build/paint cannot be reconciled with the ETL rules. It’s just one of those things. For example, some might want to do crazy conversions or scratch builds; others might want to paint miniatures for other B&C compatible gaming systems (BFG, Epic, etc.) or some might miss the deadline for joining in. It’s also a possibility that new models are produced by either Games Workshop or Forgeworld that have yet to become official or legal for the purposes of this event or is some cases people might want to paint rival Factions’ miniatures.

We would like to offer motivation for those who want to work on non-ETL compatible projects by allowing out-of-competition entries. These entries would be recorded in the progress tables, they can be freely shown on the ETL official threads and will be eligible to carry the Custos Fidei if they meet the deadline or carry the badge of the Oathbreaker if they fail. Out-of-competition entries are treated exactly like normal entries but no points will be awarded for them and therefore they would not contribute to any Faction’s total. But other than that we welcome all members of the community to join the party – no matter how crazy their project may be!

Please note that even the out-of-competition entries should adhere to B&C forum rules i.e. be B&C-legal – if I see any Xenos I’ll have a stroke and it won’t be good news for you either…

Ahhh i see. Thanks for clearing that up for me Jolemai.

Don't get me wrong, you're more than welcome to join in. You'll still get the banner rewards, etc, for completions and you'll still benefit from the camaraderie on display here just as we'll benefit from seeing your completions push us forward.

Ahhh i see. Thanks for clearing that up for me Jolemai.

Don't get me wrong, you're more than welcome to join in. You'll still get the banner rewards, etc, for completions and you'll still benefit from the camaraderie on display here just as we'll benefit from seeing your completions push us forward.

Yeah i've got that, thanks. Think i'll get something and enter. Otherwise i'll just finish all my half painted models and start prepping models for next year ;)

Slow day on Baal? Don't forget, it's the completion rate that will keep you guys afloat - and you're doing an excellent job so far. Just don't let it slip...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived