+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Just another quick update on my vow.   I finished one of my powerfist wielding Death Company last night and base coated the next five.  Hopefully I can get those last 5 knocked out over the next week.

Quick question though.  I have a Vindicare Assassin that needs painting.  Are assassins eligible to be vowed for all factions like Imperial Knights or would he be off limits for Blood Angels?  Thanks!

Yeah, Assassins are for the Agents of the Imperium forum only which in turn falls in the IFOR Faction. 

First vow complete...attack bike w/ melta (actually magnetized to include the bolter option in the end as well). Hopefully uploading these pics works and Gunhazzard does have to come to my rescue again. 

Time to go diving through the pile o' kits so I can make that second vow...

Congrats! Look forward for your follow-up vow! 

OK guys, you have a 38% completion rate at this point - easily the highest in the ETL. However the small average vow is still a drag. As an indication, 43% of you have made a second or subsequent vow but those vows represent only a third of the points of the first vows! The second vows (who represent the bulk of the re-vowing effort) come at an average of 303pts vs. 450pts of the first vows. So the re-vowing is effectively lowering the average instead of increasing it. Thankfully, the third vows, although fewer, they have an average of 508pts. So yeah, on the positive side you have the highest completion rate and re-vowing rate (in terms of people re-vowing) but the lowest average vow and a mid-of the road re-vowing rate (in terms of points of subsequent vows vs. points of first vows). 

I couldn't have made a more convoluted point if I tried! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

For my 4th vow, should I go big like close to 1k points? Or should i split it up and go for 5 vows? I was thinking 5 smaller vows at first, but really not sure what is more helpful....

Depends on how much time you can give I guess? If you are confident of getting the 1,000pt Vow done then go for it! Otherwise there is no harm in splitting it up over a couple of Vows instead. For an example let's say you split it 50:50 - after completing Vow 4 you can then decide if the next 500pts is viable in the time remaining or if you need to reduce it... or expand it of course! ;)

Hey sorry to de rail the thread, but my question isnt worth starting a fresh one.

What weapon options come on the sprue with the Baal Predator? Both turret and sponsons.

Also keep up the good work, seen some nice sparklys here.

Hey sorry to de rail the thread, but my question isnt worth starting a fresh one.

What weapon options come on the sprue with the Baal Predator? Both turret and sponsons.

TL Assault Cannon and Flamestorm Cannon for turret, Heavy Flamer and Heavy Bolter sponsons... and just for good measure - the cupola Stormbolter is of course still there ;)

TL Assault Cannon and Flamestorm Cannon for turret, Heavy Flamer and Heavy Bolter sponsons... and just for good measure - the cupola Stormbolter is of course still there ;)

And a dozer blade and hunter killer missile ;)

I have plenty I can dump into a single big vow. However I have 100% confidence that I wouldn't be able to get it done by ETL end.tongue.png

Pick the stuff with the best points:model ratio, take a guess at how much of it you think you can paint in time, then divide it by 3.

Then vow it.

I, Arkaniss, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following:

1 Baal Predator with Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons and Storm bolter

sml_gallery_27469_12034_15652.jpg

1 Squad of 10 Assault Marines with Power Fist, 2x Meltagun

sml_gallery_27469_12034_124771.jpg

1 TDA Librarian ML2

sml_gallery_27469_12034_3826.jpg

from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 470 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Vow 2 is go! biggrin.png

Keep up the good work brothers!

Yep (some of them, others from the vanguard pack).

And cheers.

SM - were the Termie ones easy to attach to power armour arms, and is the size the same as the VV kit ones?

The trick is to clip a hand off the hilt of a power weapon (axe preferably), and then use the pummel and slight excess above the fist to fill the hand grove on the back of the shield (the terminator ones have no hand in place). They look ok when done (like the marine is holding a handle), but even if you make a bit of a mess it will be hidden by the angle of the shield anyway. Then it's just a case of gluing the hand to the wrist, and using green stuff to fill anything that needs filling.

Archived