+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

More absolutely fantastic completions, brothers. No matter what the Sons of Sanguinius can hold their heads high after this ETL for all the quality that's been pumped out. Let's keep it going and beat out as many factions as we can for quantity too!

Almost done with the Chaplain model that is part of my Oath. Still a WIP, around 70% done. I absolutely love how he is turning out. When this model first came out I didn't care for it. Then one day I bought him for the heck of it. Weeks later started painting him and I was like WHOA! I love him now.

gallery_81299_10220_310543.jpg

gallery_81299_10220_129060.jpg

gallery_81299_10220_288434.jpg

gallery_81299_10220_168907.jpg

When this model first came out I didn't care for it. Then one day I bought him for the heck of it.

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree with you. It helps that yours (and some others) have put up some really gorgeous paint jobs, but when I first saw that model I was not impressed. Seeing what it can be made into though has put him firmly no my "to buy" list. Great job.

That's a 80mm round base. I always found the 60mm looks too cramped for attack bikes, and having the model without a base would seem off. And as I put my marines on the new 32mm standard, the little extra space the 80mm offers seems to fit right in.

I opted for the new 75x46 ovals instead of the old 70x25mm pill bases for the regular bikers as well for the same reason. These seem to be intended to be the new standard anyway, if the Sector Imperialis bases and the White Scars biker in Deathwatch Overkill are to be judged.

That Chaplain is looking really awesome Helias. I'm hoping to paint mine up for my third vow if I get the second finished in time.

Speaking of which, made some progress this weekend. Need to layer up the gold and then all the armour will get an oil wash, then it'll just be details and the base...

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Gerantius-WIP.jpg

Ok folks, I'm looking for a little feedback on my scouts for my current vow. My homebrewed successor chapter is the Grail Wardens, and their color scheme is a mix of red and black. I painted one scout up with khaki clothing and black leather straps, pouches etc. and one with black clothing and brown leather straps pouches etc. I like the look of the one with the khaki, but it looks almost identical to a standard blood angels scout and I'm not sure if there is enough black on the color scheme. Anybody have any opinions on which fits better?

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/7/10/812700_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Bolt%20Pistol%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Scouts.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/7/10/812701_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Bolt%20Pistol%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Scouts.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/7/10/812702_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Bolt%20Pistol%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Scouts.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/7/10/812703_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Bolt%20Pistol%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Scouts.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/7/10/812697_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Bolt%20Pistol%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Scouts.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/7/10/812704_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Bolt%20Pistol%2C%20Grail%20Wardens%2C%20Scouts.jpg

Ok, well thats settles it, Black cloth it is! Oh, and Father Maple, the cloth on the one scout is already highlighted, it just hard to see in the sub par quality pics. I start black, do a medium dry brush of astronomicon grey, then a very light dusting of administratum gray, then wash with nuln oil. Its hard to make black cloth look black and still have more visible highlights. I guess thats why black cloth is stealthy msn-wink.gif

I finally finished my third pledge yesterday! dang does it take a while to get highlights on all those tactical marines! Here they are first up, mephiston be fore and after

Last but not least is the tactical squad (those with an eagle eye will notice I accidentally painted up the wrong sgt for this squad, as the one I vowed had a inferno pistol and fist, this one has a power sword and a plasma pistol. I shall rectify this as my next vow has the correct sgt and I will vow for that one as a power sword and plasma pistol instead. If there is some other way the mods would like me to handle this, just let me know.)

Hidden Content

For my 4th vow, I, Col Conrad rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Astorath the grim for 165 points, one Captain Tycho for 135 points, one tactical squad (70 points) with 5 additional marines (70 points) a vet sgt (10points) equipped with a power weapon (15points) and plasma pistol (15 points) as well as a flamer (5 points) and a missile launcher (15 points) for a totoal of 200 points, a scout squad (55 points) with 3 additional scouts (33 points, equipped with camo cloaks (16 points) 4 sniper riffles (4 points) 1 heavy bolter (8 points) with hellfire shells (5 points) and a vet eran sgt (10 points) equipped with a power weapon (15 points) for a total of 146 points. The total for this vow is 646 points, to be completed before August 15th 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I will post before pics tonight when I get home from work.

Edit: heres the before pics

Congratulations Col Conrad! A big vow done and a follow up of even greater size! Now that's how the BAs roll! biggrin.png Good luck mate! Oh, and don't worry about the sergeant! ;)

Vow 3 complete!

Great work Hannibaal - those are some awesome Death Company!

With those two completions and adjusted for completion rate (which in your case is 45% by now) you lead over the Codex by about 1,800 pts! ohmy.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Lucumon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete : 1xOld School Chaplain (90 pts), 1x Chaplain with a Jump Pack and Inferno Pistol (120 pts), and 1x Astorath: Redeemer of the Lost (165 pts) for a total of 375 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to the Death Company.

gallery_22439_1100_1806853.jpg

Vow #3 Complete!

So, I am exhausted,  I opened a law practice a few weeks ago after several years of daddy day care, and frankly I am up to my ears in work and stress. It has decimated my pool of free time and as a result vow #3 dragged on for so much longer than I had initially planned.  Professionally things are going great, but my poor hobby!

I am going to continue with another vow, but I have to cut it back a lot.  I love participating in ETL and being a part of this crew, but real life keep slapping my paintbrush from my hand.

---

I, Boudan, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one (1) Predator with lascannon turret and lascannon sponsons, and one (1) company captain with artificer armor, storm shield, relic blade and melta bombs for a total of 310 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Lamenters Chapter, the Blood Angels Faction and Sanguinius, Brightest One and Martyr of Terra, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my oath is complete.

The tenacity of the BAs is really inspiring! Great to see the completions coming and frantic re-vowing continuing unabated! 

Keep going guys, the BAs would be an example for ETLs to come!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well done on the most recent completions!

Man, my 2nd vow is really dragging, but I'm getting there. No more than another two weeks at worst I think. I am scaling back my plans for vow #3 considerably though sad.png

Glad to see others are "representing".

@Boudan - that's cool, I didn't know you were a lawyer in real life too. I remember well the days of first opening my own practice 8 years ago. I am impressed that you are able to get ANY painting done at this time ... during that period of my life (my children were also much younger then than they are now) I was completely out of the hobby and didn't have time to start getting back in until about 5 years ago.

Archived