+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

I really want to make another successor at some point that is red and white and field them with my current successor. Fluff reason would be they are very close and try to help eachother and work as one chapter almost, and I just want to paint another scheme.... I think it might be a little confusing for opponents though unless I used them as specific formations I guess....

Anyway for the ETL.... I pretty much have Dante finished, but he's looking a little too copper I think. I tried reikland flesh shade on gold for the first time. I don't know if I used too much or need to do some highlighting, but it looks super copper to me now instead of gold. I'm thinking I might go back to Agrax for my golds...

Also need to find a good time to prime my VVs. It's so hot and humid everyday I've been afraid to try

I really want to make another successor at some point that is red and white and field them with my current successor. Fluff reason would be they are very close and try to help eachother and work as one chapter almost, and I just want to paint another scheme.... I think it might be a little confusing for opponents though unless I used them as specific formations I guess....

Anyway for the ETL.... I pretty much have Dante finished, but he's looking a little too copper I think. I tried reikland flesh shade on gold for the first time. I don't know if I used too much or need to do some highlighting, but it looks super copper to me now instead of gold. I'm thinking I might go back to Agrax for my golds...

Also need to find a good time to prime my VVs. It's so hot and humid everyday I've been afraid to try

Reikland Fleshshade is quite a red brown but it can work to shade gold. You could try giving the armour a light drybrush with gold paint (I'm not familiar with the latest Citadel colours but the old one was called Shining Gold...)

Thank you Luther. That definitely sounds like it's worth a shot. I'm using Retributor armor gold paint which I think is newish. I like it. I may needed a smaller drybrush though...

Either way I'll finish him tonight and post some picks just to get him out of the way. If I want to get a fourth vow in, I need to finish this up asap.

WIP on my Libby:

http://i.imgur.com/j8Buv7f.jpg

Mostly needs its base to be finished. Not entirely happy on the transfer for the epistolary icon on the tabard (too small), but I couldn't find any other black skulls. I had reckoned they would be more common, but almost all of them are white. Anyone know which sheet has one somewhat bigger?

WIP on my Libby:

http://i.imgur.com/j8Buv7f.jpg

Mostly needs its base to be finished. Not entirely happy on the transfer for the epistolary icon on the tabard (too small), but I couldn't find any other black skulls. I had reckoned they would be more common, but almost all of them are white. Anyone know which sheet has one somewhat bigger?

Can't help with the transfers, but can tell you that this is amazing. Great work!

I have a Forge World Imperial Guard black transfer sheet - I'm pretty sure it has loads of different sized skulls. Happy to send you some in the post if you like?

Most generously offered, but I found out the Chaos Space Marine transfer sheet comes with three different sizes of black skulls - even if they have to be cut from the Death Guard(?) triple skull icon - so I'm poaching one from a friend who plays Iron Warriors to see if one is appropriately sized.

Playing it a bit safe for vow #3 given the lack of time left in the event ...

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, Master of the Angels Sorrowful and first of his name, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Mephiston and a Furioso Dreadnought with frag cannon, heavy flamer, and magna-grapple, both from Codex: Blood Angels, of total value 305 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Initial WIP pics:

med_gallery_66537_10027_187816.jpg

He's going to be Librarian Blue with a gold death mask, and flaming red Sanguine Sword. I think he's going to look "dead 'ard" when he's done even if I say so myself. Need to think of a name and some fluff since this is the Angels Sorrowful's version of the Lord of Death.

med_gallery_66537_10027_133258.jpg

Loving how this conversion turned out too, with thanks to the brethren who helped me with the design in my army WIP thread.

VOW #2 COMPLETE!

med_gallery_66537_10027_44019.jpg

med_gallery_66537_10027_134531.jpg

med_gallery_66537_10027_127583.jpg

For more pictures, please visit the WIP thread linked in my signature.

Vow #3 to be posted tomorrow, but I really need to get to bed right now ...

Purple! eek.gif Wow! That looks amazing man - this purple shade rocks! And great work on the checkers too! Very nice stuff!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow complete !

ETL V Chaplain

Actually I still need to do the gems, but I'd like to try the new GW paint for that (since I struggle with the blending ...), and I still need to buy it biggrin.png

I don't think I'll be able to re-vow though, as RL tends to get in the way :(

VOW 2

I, Xenith, accept the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and hereby vow to complete the below models for the Blood Angels Sub Forum, on or before the 15th August. Successful completion of my vow shall see me reap great reward and renown, however failure will see me consumed by the rage, and consigned to the ranks of the death company until my vow is avenged.

Castigon, Blood Angels Captain: Relic Blade, grav pistol, jump pack, veritas vitae, artificer armour, digi weapons, auspex; 195pts

9th Company Captain: Combi grav, power fist (advanced bionic arm), artificer armour, auspex, veritas vitae; 165pts

Company Captain: relic blade, bolt pistol, storm shield, artificer armour, jump pack; 165

Chaplain: TDA, Veritas Vitae; 135

Librarian: Force Sword, Hand Flamer, Level 2 (Epistolary insignia on tabard); 115

Total:

775 pts

gallery_58096_11797_300089.jpg

++FEAST OF BLADES++

After throwing down the powered gauntlet, another 9 champions representing brethren from four chapters have joined Captain Castigon in the arena to prove their valour and fighting prowess. There's still time to enter, take a look here and vow a character in the ETL!

Good progress. We're at mid-week now, so let's see what the latter part will bring us in terms of completions! There are quite a few (and point-heavy) first vows still incomplete but in the BAs case, subsequent vows are as important. So go for it everybody, the end is nigh! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Aubéron, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete an Imperial Knight (Warden) from Codex: Imperial Knight of total value 430 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/80/50/96/img_3616.jpg

Aub.

Aubéron you crazy cat - how many vows is this now? You're a painting machine! I look forward to seeing you paint up a Knight, it's going to look amazing :tu:

In less exciting news I finally got the red basecoat on my Assault Marines finished last night. Slow progress but progress nonetheless! ;)

After a day painting intensively, I have the honor to present to you the Hamelin, whose driver, Decan Lude is nicknamed the flute player.
He is an old knight, lonely, and traveling the galaxy to hunt the Xenos vermin.

To be honest, I have painted like crazy to finish this Knight in a day.
I find it not too bad. And for once, I have good managed my airbrush.

Vow V : Complete.

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/80/50/96/img_3622.jpg

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/80/50/96/img_3624.jpg

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/80/50/96/img_3621.jpg

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/80/50/96/img_3623.jpg

biggrin.png

Aub.

Archived