+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Yeah great job everyone! I was really hoping I could get more vows in, but this third one is gonna take me till the deadline probably. It's a shame cuz I still have soooo much to paint. Maybe I can hold off on some for next ETL (like my storm Raven that has been sitting partially assembled for 1 1/2 years now)

Jol and Spagunk, really love the brighter reds you guys have. I know you use evil subzero (evil sunz, too great of an auto correct for me to change) Jol, but what's your method Spagunk? Sorry if Ive already asked or you have a recipe somewhere.

... I know you use evil subzero (evil sunz, too great of an auto correct for me to change) Jol, but what's your method Spagunk? Sorry if Ive already asked or you have a recipe somewhere.

So I am guilty in that I am using the GW recommended paint set: mephiston red base, Corroburg Crimson for wash, Evil Sunz for layer and highlight of Wild Rider. I have been watering down my paints a bit but generally I still end up with a lot of layers. I guess the one thing I do weird is that I do multiple "dry brush" runs with the Evil Sunz color which sometimes has the side effect of covering some of the wash in the recesses. So I do have to go back and correct it after the fact to get them back.

I will be posting full pics on my ETL thread soonish. I want to get individual model figures since one of them has something that I think people are going to like. smile.png

The big 3000pt vows make up about 10% of our total vows each, when those get done we will be in a super strong position.

I don't think we'll beat chaos, but if we can get to 80-90% completion, then we might just give HH a run for their money, if they all catch a stomach bug or something. Either way, we can toast codex with ease.

The big 3000pt vows make up about 10% of our total vows each, when those get done we will be in a super strong position.

I see you judging me Xenith!

Don't worry, I should get completed, just got the super blinged command rhino to finish and a few other little bits.

Who else apart from me has large vows outstanding?

EDC

I see you judging me Xenith!

Don't worry, I should get completed, just got the super blinged command rhino to finish and a few other little bits.

Who else apart from me has large vows outstanding?

EDC

Not judging on the slightest, just... encouragement and prodding.

Remember, just get them to a TT standard that you find acceptable and get them photographed!

Edit: do you still need a WIP pic, or just before and after?

I finished vow #3 last night, just need to get pics of the finished Furioso after work today.

With only a week left I am debating whether to be bold and put in a small final vow or to play it safe. I am thinking of going with the boldness -- I didn't finish as much during ETL as I'd hoped and November suddenly doesn't feel that far away. Doing a dangerous vow would light a fire under me to get another squad done (I'm thinking a modest 5 man meltacide ASM squad).

Archived