+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

5 days, 5 models.

Fortune favours the bold!

With two days' cushion. Well no one loves a coward so I think I'll go for it -- the models are already assembled and primed so that saves time too.

Go for it! No  great tale has ever startet with ''i'm gonna play it safe''  :P

I'm going for it.  Vow #5.  

I, Hannibaal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 counts-as-Cypher from parts unknown for a total value of 190 points on or before August 15th 2016.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before photo:

Counts as Cypher

His bolt pistol is holstered at the small of his back.  Other than that I think I attached all the required parts.  Anyone have any suggestions on appropriate colors for a Blood Angels counts-as-Cypher?  I was thinking black armor with a red hoody.  Or is he supposed to be in traditional Dark Angels colors?  Thoughts?

After photo:

Counts as Cypher

I love all the Lamenters' completions, Boudan!

Also glad to see more completions and other bold souls with late vows like I'm about to make. But first, VOW #3 COMPLETE:

Furioso Dreadnought with magna-grapple, frag cannon, and heavy flamer:

med_gallery_66537_10027_340218.jpg

"Mephiston":

med_gallery_66537_10027_6553.jpg

... and, as promised, VOW #4:

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, Master of the Angels Sorrowful and first of his name, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Assault Marine Squad, with two meltaguns, and a sergeant with lightning claw and storm bolter from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 125 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

med_gallery_66537_10027_323060.jpg

No guts, no glory.

For Sanguinius! For the Emperor!

Solid work everyone! ...so uhh - I discovered (again) tonight that I am significantly worse at this (painting) while drinking. I'm pretty sure I'll get my vow done but it won't be pretty. There is so much darn bling on these Blood Angel Terminators gods!

Do we need to finish the bases?

I did some bases, ran out, finished more vows, got more bases and based the last vow. Captain Semper stated previously that only the miniature itself "counts" in this honor-rule competition.

That's really smart. How did you do the white cloak?

Ta smile.png The whole model was primed with Vallejo German Red Brown surface primer, so for the cloak I had to do several layers of Off White to get good coverage. I then added some strips of a light grey and black wash in the folds for a shadowing effect before some final touches with the Off White again to tidy it up and try to make the 'shadows' look more natural.

I hadn't decided what colour to do the cloak when I primed the model, I was thinking something darker. It was only after doing the main armour that I thought white would stand out nicely. Might've needed less coats if the cloak had been primed white to begin with.

Wow! Your completion rate jumped some 7 percentage points since Week 12! You're really firing all cylinders here! Keep going though, plenty of quick wins out there! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Not being dizzy does wonders for your painting. Alas, the Terminator Captain is all but finished (needs only the sword to be done and base painted black). Purple cape was in fact a great idea, methinks..

gallery_60983_8363_126182.jpg

Making good progress on the Terminator Squad as well, they will be finished on Saturday.

Going to sound stupid now, but where do we find the updated ETL stats / which thread are they in? Anyone have either a link, or a forum / topic title I can follow?

Haha, Semper posts a link to the latest stats every weekend in this very thread! Go back a page or two and you'll see it.

Looking good guys. I had a productive evening last night, as it stands I might get my vow finished either tonight or tomorrow. So hopefully pics tomorrow or Wednesday.

EDC

Awesome, looking forward to it. This will single-handedly jump us up something like 10 percentage points on completions. I don't know if there's a chance of catching Chaos, but we should leave Codex in our dust with this.

Boudan I missed this Marvelous Mustard Machine! Looking ace!

Cheers guys. I do see the weekly ones but the good Captain seems to say "updated to this point" quite regularly even before the weekly link goes up. It was those stats I was referring to - as an example see his post at 6:43AM today. Any ideas?

Cheers guys. I'don't seen the weekly ones but the good Captain seems to day "updated to this point" quite regularly even before he weekly link goes up. It was those stats I was referring to - as an example see his post at 6:43AM today. Any ideas?

That just means he's updated the first post of this thread with the latest completions.

Archived