+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Finished this Bastard. Did you ever have a model which just refused to be painted, this guy fought me tooth and nail, I nearly threw him against the wall on five seperate occasions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/3192c0a6-198c-41f3-b998-e2c8b47a9055_zpsdlunfkg8.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/a3a01990-528e-434b-a5f6-66a68fb92c4b_zpsdbhwgwjp.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/2e7aa89b-570a-4db4-903a-039d25a5cb76_zpsq8ueaycr.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/55675a35-1347-4c87-89d9-29be3d1f8fee_zpsxavzcui3.jpg

Because I'm Insane and riding on a High of Red Bulls and Monsters.

I, The4thHorseman, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Counts as Captain Karlaen from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 160 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to the Death Company.

ALL IN WITH KARLEAN!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/071116220222_zpsx5mxidux.jpg

Horseman you are a crazy person, but such a model will surely inspire you to complete...

gallery_27469_12034_276362.jpg

I agree, the BA have gone above and beyond this year - makes me want to paint some red! I am sorely tempted to do some librarians now, the stubbly looks really good and makes him look a lot tougher tongue.png

4th Horseman you nutter, get it done!

I declare my 4th (and final) vow complete. I had wanted to get through these guys quickly and make another vow, but ultimately they were too much fun to paint and I got carried away.

So, my final offering:

Chaplain

gallery_58096_11797_221846.jpg

Jump pack detail

gallery_58096_11797_271327.jpg

Dante

gallery_58096_11797_267714.jpg

Detail

gallery_58096_11797_110352.jpg

The Sanguinor

gallery_58096_11797_330960.jpg

Jump pack detail

gallery_58096_11797_474698.jpg

Vial Detail

gallery_58096_11797_197333.jpg

It’s been a (n exhausting) blast, but I’ve never painted so much, so quickly, while only sacrificing a little in quality. I think I’ve put it where it counts.

I come out of this knowing I am capable of painting 1000pts per month, and with almost 2500 pts of freshly Blood Angels for the collection.

Thanks to Semper for running this, and Reclusiarch Jolemai hor hassling, harassing, poking and prodding.

Til next year!

My vow is now complete. I posted photos of the Terminator Captain earlier in the thread, and here is a crappy cell phone photo of the Terminator Squad done to a tabletop standard.

gallery_60983_8363_92493.jpg

It's not my usual standard but with a relapse, lack of energy and lack of time it's the best they'll be for now. I'll be going back to finish them to my usual standard and posting new photos of them soon.

My vow is now complete. I posted photos of the Terminator Captain earlier in the thread, and here is a crappy cell phone photo of the Terminator Squad done to a tabletop standard.

gallery_60983_8363_92493.jpg

It's not my usual standard but with a relapse, lack of energy and lack of time it's the best they'll be for now. I'll be going back to finish them to my usual standard and posting new photos of them soon.

There are many who would be very happy with this standard mate. Great work here and in the previous effort!

Ok so I think I drank a good portion of my paint water. My eyes and fingers hurt and I'm tired as hell, plus I have work tomorrow. But its done, bases be damned at this point. I'll probably wake up and look at it tomorrow and hate it.

Vow 2 Done. Good Luck everyone. I'm off to bed.

13659164_10102561622699477_8113997329935

Good work guys keep em coming!

Is there a thread showing the ETL winners / results for each year?

If not why not? biggrin.png

All previous ETLs can be found here. Also wait for this year's Final Report. ;)

4th Horseman you nutter, get it done!
I declare my 4th (and final) vow complete. I had wanted to get through these guys quickly and make another vow, but ultimately they were too much fun to paint and I got carried away.
It’s been a (n exhausting) blast, but I’ve never painted so much, so quickly, while only sacrificing a little in quality. I think I’ve put it where it counts.
I come out of this knowing I am capable of painting 1000pts per month, and with almost 2500 pts of freshly Blood Angels for the collection.
Thanks to Semper for running this, and Reclusiarch Jolemai hor hassling, harassing, poking and prodding.
Til next year!

I think you mean your 3rd vow? You're welcome Zenith, it's been a great year for the BAs! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ohh hell.

Is it the 15th already?

Life decided to kick me in the balls, but that's no excuse, since I've had a month.

Looks like I'll be staying up even later this morning to finish my vow.

Sleep can wait.

Aww yeah! More completions rolling in keep up the excellent work peeps! :D

Cheers for the compliments, I've been experimenting with stubble for a while. Can be tricky but it really helps break up a blob of the same flesh colour as so many Marine heads are bald! I'm looking forward to fielding my new models next game I have.

You can do it The Unseen, where's the fun in it not being a last minute hurdle to challenge you? The tougher the journey the more rewarding it is to emerge triumphant at the end ;)

Archived