+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Going to have to try that stubble look on what few marines I have that are helmetless.

And that's what I'm hoping, but it has been a hell of a month.

Just 3 hours till I get off and can get cracking to finish.

Should have about 6 hours between my shift ending and the cut off.

Going to have to try that stubble look on what few marines I have that are helmetless.

And that's what I'm hoping, but it has been a hell of a month.

Just 3 hours till I get off and can get cracking to finish.

Should have about 6 hours between my shift ending and the cut off.

Just remember that it's 5pm GMT, so 12 noon ish Kentucky time :)

*Patiently waits for Charlo's Champion to step forth into the Feast of Blades*

5 places left, don't forget to upload painted pics of your champion (and complete your vows...)

Yep.
I get off at 6am.
Overnight swing shifts suck.
Though according to the time the countdown posts are at its 1pm, odd.

I might be forgetting daylight savings vagaries...

++INCOMING TRANSMISSION++

-Source: The Bloodied Fist - Sanguine Vision Flagship

-Urgency: Priority

-Frequency: All available Sons of Sanguinius

-Sender: Chapter Master Charlo Hades

*Alert Klaxons bare in the background of this sporadic recorded voice message*

"My Bro...ers! We hav... attack.... ull integri.... uation critica.... Immaterai... quid daemons assail.... rarius have kept them at.... Rage has take....we will clea... hip... ut our numbers and armou... the Dea...pany have proven eff... but outnumbe... beyond count...

But not all los.... do not pra... us... for throu...

RAGE. WE. WILL. FIND. OUR. SALVATION."

+END TRANSMISSION+

Hidden Content

In a classic Blood Angel manner, I have been a hero that has come so far only to fall from grace. E.g. I made a big vow and life got a bit hectic and I underestimated my vow (and ability to locate all of the components again... Never let someone else tidy up your models kids!). I left it too long and the painting felt like a chore rather than for fun and I didn't want to rush my models (as I found I was doing over the weekend) and bodge them for the sake of a completion.

The Sanguine Visions have been lost in the warp, assailed by Daemons - but they shall find redemption, for there is always Salvation in our Rage as I go on a Piant-enance Crusade.  

My hats off to everyone else who managed it though, we had an incredible offering this year!

++INCOMING TRANSMISSION++

-Source: The Bloodied Fist - Sanguine Vision Flagship

-Urgency: Priority

-Frequency: All available Sons of Sanguinius

-Sender: Chapter Master Charlo Hades

*Alert Klaxons bare in the background of this sporadic recorded voice message*

"My Bro...ers! We hav... attack.... ull integri.... uation critica.... Immaterai... quid daemons assail.... rarius have kept them at.... Rage has take....we will clea... hip... ut our numbers and armou... the Dea...pany have proven eff... but outnumbe... beyond count...

But not all los.... do not pra... us... for throu...

RAGE. WE. WILL. FIND. OUR. SALVATION."

+END TRANSMISSION+

Hidden Content

In a classic Blood Angel manner, I have been a hero that has come so far only to fall from grace. E.g. I made a big vow and life got a bit hectic and I underestimated my vow (and ability to locate all of the components again... Never let someone else tidy up your models kids!). I left it too long and the painting felt like a chore rather than for fun and I didn't want to rush my models (as I found I was doing over the weekend) and bodge them for the sake of a completion.

The Sanguine Visions have been lost in the warp, assailed by Daemons - but they shall find redemption, for there is always Salvation in our Rage as I go on a Piant-enance Crusade.  

My hats off to everyone else who managed it though, we had an incredible offering this year!

http://ci.memecdn.com/696/1388696.jpg

No worries Charlo - if it started to feel a chore then the best thing is to give it a rest. Forcing yourself when you're not enjoying it is a bad idea as it can have long term negative effects for your hobby enjoyment. Glad to see you're already planning your penance crusade though - redemption after a stumble is an age old story, of which I'm sure of your success ;)

Alas, its in vain. A combination of Western Kentucky humidity, and my lack of central air means the first model I just gave its first base coat a half hour ago hasn't even dried yet. Looks like I just set it down actually. My penitent crusade begins....

While I'm somewhat happy I didn't cost the forum terribly since my vow was a modest one, it merely exacerbates my failure.

Good call Charlo - you should either be proud of your work or don't bother at all. Real life takes priority...

@ The Unseen: No worries! Try and do them at your own time and show them here as ooc vows once everything is over! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

It's almost midnight in Aus, but the beast is finally done! Potato quality phone picture again, but I'll get some beauty shoots in daylight.

If I try to pledge a massive vehicle again next year, someone e-slap me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160815_233607_zpsggofpv9w.jpg

Hmm.. Just got home and got at my table. Can I paint 11 models to ITC format standard in 4 hours? Lets find out.

Speaking as someone peaking in from the Chaos Thread, I completed 24 models in one day, and a lot of them were fiddly kitbashed daemon types. As a former son of Sangunius myself... you can do it! The Blood Angels have been one of the big success stories of ETL, and I'd love to see it end up with you guys competing with Chaos and HH!

Archived