We found success

We do not fail

We are the Flesh Tearers

VOW 2 COMPLETE!!!

28383354734_ce39c913f1.jpgimage

In the nick of time...

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

ETL V IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was a blast, but it's not over yet! I will go through all the Strategiums to make a LAST UPDATE later on and then I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges.
What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Strategium and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Strategiums as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up.
Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Strategium, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report.
Congratulations to all!

They said it was not possible, even for Astartes

They laughed at our folly

They pitied our naivity

But we prevailed

We found victory from defeat

We found success

We do not fail

We are the Flesh Tearers

VOW 2 COMPLETE!!!

28383354734_ce39c913f1.jpgimage

In the nick of time...

What the...WOW!

eek.gif... Slang Whanger ... wow, brother, I'm truly impressed at what you accomplished in about an hour!

Great work everyone. It looks like no matter what this was a very successful ETL for the Blood Angels. Looking at page 1 I am seeing an awful lot of completions.

In the previous ETL I did for BA I was only able to complete 4 Death Company, so I'm feeling pretty chuffed that over four vows I accomplished 1,073 points worth. Definitely a personal achievement.

To our fallen brethren consigned to the Death Company -- well, real life always takes precedence, so don't worry about it too much, but use it as incentive to complete next year.

Ha thanks! It was just a case of blocking in colours then applying a wash and picking out the details. Nonetheless the best model i've painted in such a short amount of time! I could not let Seth's boys down after all...

Echoing Nicodemus though it seems to have been a very successful ETL all round actually. With the Olympics on at the moment it would be nice to be in a medal winning position!

Glad to have been able to participate, and only sorry I couldn't take care of more vows and more points for ETL this year.  Working two jobs has curtailed my painting time mightily, sadly.  Still I was able to get my two vows complete, so a successful showing at the very least.  

Congrats to all the participants, regardless of if you made it to the end with all vows complete.  The effort is what counts.  :)

Take it easy for now.

-Red__Thirst-

I just checked my vows are all ok and it's a total of 1730 points... considering my gaming group play 1750pt games normally I can't believe I've painted a whole army in 3 months! It's been an immense ETL and I feel a very successful one for us BA :D

Congratulations to all who took part, no matter how it went. I'm not bothered by anyone failing vows, at least you had a go and it's not like you now have to destroy your models as the ETL has ended, they can wait until you have more time ;) Once again my thanks to Captain Semper for a great event :)

First off thanks for organising. Not only was it a lot of fun, I think it has really helped bring the community around this page together. The effort is very much appreciated.

On to a second note, you have xmercx down as not completing his vow... he actually finished early August (link provided: http://www.bolterand...-8?do=findComment&comment=4395704 ). Just want to make sure all the battle brothers receive appropriate honours!

Cheers again Cap. And many many thanks.

Hail to the Sons of Baal.

Congratulations on probably your most successful ETL yet! There were even a few points it looked like you'd make a serious challenge for the top spot.

Stunning work all round. Especially anyone crazy enough to go Lamenters, not sure I could cope with the twin challenge of yellow and checkers.

Dragonlover

First off thanks for organising. Not only was it a lot of fun, I think it has really helped bring the community around this page together. The effort is very much appreciated.

On to a second note, you have xmercx down as not completing his vow... he actually finished early August (link provided: http://www.bolterand...-8?do=findComment&comment=4395704 ). Just want to make sure all the battle brothers receive appropriate honours!

Cheers again Cap. And many many thanks.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will make sure he'll be included in the finished vows. :)

Stunning work all round. Especially anyone crazy enough to go Lamenters, not sure I could cope with the twin challenge of yellow and checkers.

The new GW Checked paint really cuts the time down on that.

Is it April fool's already?

As far as I can tell we ended with a score of 31108.5. 

For some numbers:

We had a total of around 40527 (this is not including Leonaides because there was not a point total with his on the first page). 

We had a total of 35105 points completed with 90 total completions.  

There were 10 uncompleted vows and with those the negation of 540 points of previously completed vows. 

So given the formula from Semper: (35105 - 540)*90% = 31108.5 

I think the completion rate is based on the amount of points, not the number of vows. So it would be (35105 - 540 ) * (35105 / 40527) = 29940.6. That's my reading based on the examples of completed points given in the ETL rules post. Doesn't change the numbers much for us because of our huge completion rate.

Archived