Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Dark Angels Strategium E Tenebrae Lux V ETL V

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,284 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Well... At least we've doubled our completion date from last week...

Question for an upcoming vow. If I vow a half assault squad (sergeant and 4 brothers), can I vow the other half of the squad in a subsequent vow? Or do all 10 have to be at the same time for it to be a legal squad?

As GreyRavenC correctly pointed out, you cannot have a vow that is an add-on to a previous vow. Each unit that is part of your vow must be a standalone legal entry from your preferred list (in our case DAs).

However, since you're opting for a 10-strong squad, why not break it down to two five-strong perfectly legal squads? It's also a bit more points efficient - although not enough to really matter! :D

I Lostrael vow to complete 
one Rhino and a Devastator Squad before August 15th, 2016. 

1 Rhino
 5 Devastator
  2x missile launcher
  2x grav-cannons
  Sgt. with power fist and combi-grav
  armorium cherub
  -> 245 Points

gallery_86236_11073_19351.jpg

Lostrael FTW! Let's see this baby enter the fray! And grav-cannons! :evil:

OK guys, we need to get some completions done this week.The 12% completion rate keeps us back on both the total points and the ability to re-vow! So no multiplied effect for us. Even if we manage to get a good completion rate at the end, if we're denied the multiplier effect, we will be greatly handicapped! So no more procrastination, let's see those vows completed!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• Kr80gZ likes this

Greenz

Greenz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Absolution
Ok, thanks for the clarification guys. I knew I'd seen the combat squad question at some point, but couldn't find it yesterday

Raztalin

Raztalin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts

I, Raztalin, son of the Lion, vow to complete 1 x 5 Man Tact Squad, with Flamer and Vet Sgt for a total of 85 points to bring glory to the First Legion.

Squad%201.jpg

Vow Complete:

Squad1Complete.jpg

I'll follow up with some individual shots on my plog later on.

Now to Vow a second lot msn-wink.gif

• JeffJedi, Jack of the Pelt, Grotsmasha and 5 others like this

Raztalin

Raztalin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts

I, Raztalin, son of the Lion, vow to complete 1 x 5 Man Tact Squad, with Plasma Gun and Vet Sgt for a total of 95 points to bring glory to the First Legion.

Squad%202.jpg

• Jack of the Pelt, Captain Semper, elmo and 6 others like this

Tanyr

Tanyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

Just an update, not a completion yet.  

20160623_000226_zpspwr38jpt.jpg

Still a ways to go, but with only the assault squads, leviathan and deredeo requiring major work, and the others inking and touchups, i should have my vow completed by this weekend.

• Jack of the Pelt, Captain Semper, Grotsmasha and 7 others like this

ETL_2014_Badge_V2_01_Forum_Champion_DA.jETL_2015_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2016_Badge_01_Forum_Champion_DA.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,233 posts

I have not yet located my Cataphractaii models, but I did find my paints, so I'll stick to new models for Vow 2,

I, Grotsmasha, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete;

1x Dark Angel Company Master

=> Terminator Armour

=> Monster Slayer of Caliban

gallery_48988_11612_10935.jpg

for 160pts,

and

1x 5 Man Scout Squad

=> Heavy Bolter

=> Power Fist

gallery_48988_11612_121776.jpg

for 88pts,

for a total of 248pts

from Codex: Dark Angels on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Lion El Jonson and the Unforgiven Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

EDIT: The sergeant WILL have his Chainswoed replaced, just have to find one....

Edited by Grotsmasha, 24 June 2016 - 03:48 AM.

• Jack of the Pelt, Captain Semper, elmo and 5 others like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,284 posts

I, Raztalin, son of the Lion, vow to complete 1 x 5 Man Tact Squad, with Flamer and Vet Sgt for a total of 85 points to bring glory to the First Legion.

Hidden Content

Vow Complete:

Squad1Complete.jpg

I'll follow up with some individual shots on my plog later on.

Now to Vow a second lot msn-wink.gif

Best black I've seen - period! Can't wait for the second squad. Also I take it for granted that the third vow will have to be the Razorbacks! Both of them! :evil:

Just an update, not a completion yet.  

Hidden Content

Still a ways to go, but with only the assault squads, leviathan and deredeo requiring major work, and the others inking and touchups, i should have my vow completed by this weekend.

Wow Tanyr - this is an awesome sight! Let's see this through! :tu:

I have not yet located my Cataphractaii models, but I did find my paints, so I'll stick to new models for Vow 2,

I, Grotsmasha, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete;

1x Dark Angel Company Master

=> Terminator Armour

=> Monster Slayer of Caliban

Hidden Content

for 160pts,

and

1x 5 Man Scout Squad

=> Heavy Bolter

=> Power Fist

Hidden Content

for 88pts,

for a total of 248pts

from Codex: Dark Angels on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Lion El Jonson and the Unforgiven Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

EDIT: The sergeant WILL have his Chainswoed replaced, just have to find one....

That company master? drool.gif

OK guys, we desperately need some completions here - we are starting to significantly lag behind... Let's see that rate climbing and the follow-up vows to appear! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• Grotsmasha likes this

Raztalin

Raztalin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts

Cheers Capt.  yeah the aim is to have the 2 Razorbacks as the 3rd vow ... I have also just made a Grav Cmd. Squad with banner, an Assault Squad and another Company Master ... but these will only be contemplated after i do the RB's.  At the very least i hope to get the Company Master done in the ETL.

Keep it up folks, some great work going on here!

For the Lion!!!

• Captain Semper likes this

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,873 posts
  • Faction: T'au/Dark Angels/711th CCAB

The first week of a new vow always seems to be very slow progress...

I have got the main colours done on 2 assault squads and the tactical Sgt along with some shading and highlighting. More to follow with the beginning of detailing next week and I hope to have them all done in 2 weeks. They don't look like much now but they will get better ;)

gallery_62353_12022_94828.jpg

gallery_62353_12022_49157.jpg

gallery_62353_12022_16741.jpg

• Raztalin, Greenz, Kr80gZ and 2 others like this

Master Avoghai

Master Avoghai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,119 posts
Vow completed...

5794BE12-AA98-4821-A2B3-E4451F6EE5FA.jpg

Now let's make a bigger one...
  • Jack of the Pelt, elmo, Raztalin and 6 others like this

Master Avoghai,

"Eat a beaver you'll save a tree"
Old proverb from the Plains World

My Humble Tribute to Brother Argos thread

ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpggallery_4664_5295_5937.gifPearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,284 posts

@ Elmo: They DO look like much! Well done mate, keep that pace! 

@ Master Avoghai: Awesome work! The blue highlights work very well I think! So what do you have in mind for a follow-up? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• elmo likes this

Master Avoghai

Master Avoghai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,119 posts
Master Avoghai rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete :

Sammael on Sabreclaw : 200pts

9D35F675-9E9E-4777-B142-3676388F7B6A.jpg

2 LS tornado (140pts) and one LS vengeance (135pts) with assault cannon

16F825BB-0F14-4681-A863-320BAB096C1F.jpg

of total value 435 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-
  • Jack of the Pelt, elmo, Raztalin and 2 others like this

Master Avoghai,

"Eat a beaver you'll save a tree"
Old proverb from the Plains World

My Humble Tribute to Brother Argos thread

ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpggallery_4664_5295_5937.gifPearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,284 posts

Excellent! Ravenwing FTW! Good luck Avoghai!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,284 posts

ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

SIXTH WEEKLY UPDATE

Punk possum

Punk possum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 296 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords XXI Cohort

Master Ramiel looked up his face grave, "Brothers the inner circle has called, though we have been engaged on all fronts by the ruinous powers the call has been sounded and we must answer."  Around him were Codicier Zadikial, Chaplain Trentus and the Veteran Brother Sargent who had delivered the stunning news the Rock had called and they were late. Zadikal shifted uncomfortably in his war plate his eyes flickering with the lambent power of the warp harnessed by his transhuman will and iron hard discipline "many go now to the rock but as yet only a few have arrived there is yet time to honour our duties to the legion" . "True borther but we follow the spoor of the fallen how do we balance these sacred duties?" interjected Sargent Tokugawa. "There is no conflict in our duties. We must prosecute both courses of action even if it be unto our deaths, there can only be victory no matter the cost" Chaplain Trentus used his quiet, gravelly tone the one he usually reserved for those of his charges who needed coxing back to the path Ramiel noticed, Tokugawa noticed it too judging by the way he a full brother of the Arch Angellis briefly looked like a lost novitiate before accepting the rebuke. "You're counsel is well timed as ever my friend, take a vexillation go to the rock. We shall follow with the full strength of 3rd company. Know that the chapter mobilizes even now once again the angels shall unite and our foes shall know that their efforts are in vain" Ramiel had spoken 3rd company's path was set the vows had been made long ago and would be renewed by action.

Or in other words I punk possum vow:

1 jump pack company Chaplain 105pts

1 Dreadnought with twin linked las cannon 115pts

1 Drop pod with Deathwind launcher 50pt

For a total of 220pts

001_16.jpg

002_15.jpg

003_6.jpg

"Glory is a distraction, Honor lies in accepting the cost of victory"     

Edited by Punk possum, 26 June 2016 - 10:14 PM.

• JeffJedi, Jack of the Pelt, Captain Semper and 7 others like this

ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_04.jpg

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,853 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

Oh yes, keep those vows coming. By the Lion, we need them. Completions even more so.

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_05.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_69091_12729_1587.gifgallery_48988_15200_6281.pnggallery_48988_15200_3064.pnggallery_48988_15200_3735.pnggallery_48988_15200_7389.pnggallery_48988_15200_6831.png

Pigshead

Pigshead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts

Vow Complete...

GYfmO8xm.jpg?1 7d9AAtDm.jpg QOf21MEm.jpg?1 Cdtlgmlm.jpg

HGJv6ltm.jpg?1 BrPvRCam.jpg?1  mBP5u9Um.jpg?1 B4BFsVCm.jpg?1

Edited because of huge image craziness that almost broke the internet.

Edited by Pigshead, 27 June 2016 - 10:10 AM.

• JeffJedi, Grand Master Belial, Jack of the Pelt and 9 others like this

Addiction? Nah. Obsession? Probably.

12000 points of Dark Angels. 4000 points of Marines. 3000 points of Astra Squatarium. 1500 points of Genestealer Cult. 4000+ points of Tyranids.

https://pigshead.imgur.com/

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,284 posts

Master Ramiel looked up his face grave, "Brothers the inner circle has called, though we have been engaged on all fronts by the ruinous powers the call has been sounded and we must answer."  Around him were Codicier Zadikial, Chaplain Trentus and the Veteran Brother Sargent who had delivered the stunning news the Rock had called and they were late. Zadikal shifted uncomfortably in his war plate his eyes flickering with the lambent power of the warp harnessed by his transhuman will and iron hard discipline "many go now to the rock but as yet only a few have arrived there is yet time to honour our duties to the legion" . "True borther but we follow the spoor of the fallen how do we balance these sacred duties?" interjected Sargent Tokugawa. "There is no conflict in our duties. We must prosecute both courses of action even if it be unto our deaths, there can only be victory no matter the cost" Chaplain Trentus used his quiet, gravelly tone the one he usually reserved for those of his charges who needed coxing back to the path Ramiel noticed, Tokugawa noticed it too judging by the way he a full brother of the Arch Angellis briefly looked like a lost novitiate before accepting the rebuke. "You're counsel is well timed as ever my friend, take a vexillation go to the rock. We shall follow with the full strength of 3rd company. Know that the chapter mobilizes even now once again the angels shall unite and our foes shall know that their efforts are in vain" Ramiel had spoken 3rd company's path was set the vows had been made long ago and would be renewed by action.

Or in other words I punk possum vow:

1 jump pack company Chaplain 105pts

1 Dreadnought with twin linked las cannon 115pts

1 Drop pod with Deathwind launcher 50pt

For a total of 220pts

Hidden Content

"Glory is a distraction, Honor lies in accepting the cost of victory"     

Welcome Punk possum! Although the doors for new entrants are closed, your vow will bring great glory to you and our faction! Good luck brother! 

Vow Complete...

Hidden Content

Edited because of huge image craziness that almost broke the internet.

Congratulations Pigshead! These are beautiful mini there - fantastic contrast with the purple linings! thumbsup.gif

So let's see more completions everybody! The completion rate is still just south of 13% whereas other factions are approaching 40%! If we do not see some of those fist vows completed soon we'll be at a significant disadvantage in the closing stages of the event! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Edited by Captain Semper, 29 June 2016 - 10:03 AM.

farfromsam

farfromsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 419 posts
Vow completed. Pictures posted. Second vow made
  • Solrac likes this

Tanyr

Tanyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

Apologies for being a few days later than previously stated. Had a tragic resin bending accident of epic proportions.

20160629_015533_zpsaghkkldz.jpg

20160629_182200_zpssz0ipxkt.jpg

vow completed, will revow once i get everything assembled and primed.

• Jack of the Pelt, Captain Semper, Grotsmasha and 6 others like this

ETL_2014_Badge_V2_01_Forum_Champion_DA.jETL_2015_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2016_Badge_01_Forum_Champion_DA.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,853 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

The first 3000-vow completed! Awesome work Tanyr!

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_05.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_69091_12729_1587.gifgallery_48988_15200_6281.pnggallery_48988_15200_3064.pnggallery_48988_15200_3735.pnggallery_48988_15200_7389.pnggallery_48988_15200_6831.png

Tanyr

Tanyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

Next vow

20160630_202529_zpsnc83uzre.jpg

predator
-TL lascannon
-lascannon sponsons
-extra armor
-dozer blade
-stormbolter

predator
-TL lascannon
-lascannon sponsons
-dozer blade
-stormbolter

predator
-hvy bolter sponsons
-dozer blade
-stormbolter

predator
-dozer blade
-stormbolter

razorback
-lascannon

damocles command rhino
-dozer blade
-stormbolter

whirlwind

drop pod

drop pod

spartan

sicarian
-lascannon sponsons

1265 pts

• Jack of the Pelt, elmo, Epher and 1 other like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,284 posts

Vow completed. Pictures posted. Second vow made

Well done farfromsam, lovely work there! The B@C models versatility is just too good for words! Now let's see that Cerastus making an appearance! 

Please edit the completion and the new vow in your completion post above - there is no need to update your initial vow as I never go back to search. The only pic that is required in your initial vow is the "before" pic of said vow. I have linked your post above to the first page. ;)

Apologies for being a few days later than previously stated. Had a tragic resin bending accident of epic proportions.

20160629_015533_zpsaghkkldz.jpg

20160629_182200_zpssz0ipxkt.jpg

vow completed, will revow once i get everything assembled and primed.

A 3,000pts completion! :tu: Fantastic work there - you are officially a hero of the Chapter sir! You also boosted our completion rate to almost 20%! 

Now let's see, our completion rate is still among the lowest despite Tanyr's impressive completion. Our average vow is not that impressive at a bit south of 600pts but is not that bad either. All we need is to boost out completion rate especially among the first vows! I'm sure that at least some smaller vows must be close to completion... Will we have some more points under our belt when the Weekly update hits? Let's try to get at the high 20s in completion rate in the next 24 hrs! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• Raztalin and Kr80gZ like this

Greenz

Greenz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Absolution
Awesome job Tanyr!!!

I spent 3 hours painting last night after the little ones were in bed. Fully planning on doing that again tonight and tomorrow if need be to get my vow completed before Sunday.
How are others vows coming along?

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,873 posts
  • Faction: T'au/Dark Angels/711th CCAB

Weekly update

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Angels Strategium, E Tenebrae Lux V, ETL V

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users