+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Wow ... You guys and gals make me proud. We've already clocked up vows totalling almost 15.5k in points!!!

Every vow is really important and now we need to get those completed. Let's aim to get as close to 100% completion as possible. ;)

I have decided not to go with World Eater helmets, but Imperial Fist and Iron Warriors.

Reason being, is that they will be the most adaptable, especially the Iron Warrior helmets.

The World Eaters are nice & menacing, but do not have the Norse flavour to them.

Here are some designs to give you an idea:

6d4314f0e22707fd42ffdd4f9d843af0

9c3802ad03ba4640db71391e52300776

105069 3 1

viking

AB0521 2

f2ca8d93d5e0758229193849061564ad

426b3b3d84d259becf94ba39b15dad2f

Sutton Hoo helmet reconstructed

beowulf viking helmet 4

And finally my favourite. Best done with a mark 4 helmet :D

Star Wars Storm Trooper Viking Helmet

Great work everyone.

Sw1 hit the nail on the head, now we have vowed, we need to see it through.

Interesting fact. If we got 100% completion on just the vows we have made now.

We would actually beat the Space Wolves score for last year.

How crazy is that!!

Just to echo what W1 has already said. I am amazingly proud of what we have all achieved so far.

That being said:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/come%20this%20far.jpg

Lets keep the ball rolling

& Burias, in about 30 minutes my brushes will be wet with paint, and I am looking forward to it. Been itching to paint for a while now :)

I have decided not to go with World Eater helmets, but Imperial Fist and Iron Warriors.

Reason being, is that they will be the most adaptable, especially the Iron Warrior helmets.

The World Eaters are nice & menacing, but do not have the Norse flavour to them.

snippy

What about some of the Alpha Legion helmets, the ones with nasals could possibly work ?

I, mercbat from the Pack, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete following units from Codex:Space Wolves till August 15th 2016.

Long Fang Pack "Neisti" - 105pts

-1 Long Fang Ancient with Plasmagun

-3 Long Fangs with Heavy Bolters

Long Fang Pack "Seine" - 150pts

-1 Long Fang Ancient with Plasmagun

-3 Long Fangs with Flakk Missile Launchers

Total 255 pts.

gallery_81331_12029_128363.jpg

I, Rand Winters, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Land Raider Crusader, one Rune Priest on SM Bike, and one unit of Wulfen. from Codex: Space Wolves. The total value of 640 points will be complete on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Points breakdown:

RP - Bike, ML2, Runic Armor - 130

LRC - MM, HK Missile, Extra armor - 280

Wulfen - Pack leader, two hammer/shield, two axe, 2 frag launchers, 230

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn177/rgjones85/IMG_3377_zpskc6amjyl.jpg

Back to painting... FINALLY!!! biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Any one started painting yet

Undercoat was the same colour as my basecoat so technically I'm one layer on all of them. Will be in from work tonight early, so by 9:30 you will find me with paintbrush in hand.

@SW1: should I be watching my backside?

On topic:

I, Wolf Lord Kieran, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:
-Wolf Lord, Armor of Asvald Stormwrack, Fellclaw's Ctteth, Pelt of the Balewolf, Morkai's Claws 225 pts
-Wolf Lord, Runic Armor, Melta Bombs, Black Death 155pts

-Contemptor Dreadnought, twin linked Lascannon, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace 225pts
-Wolf Guard x10, Pack Leader has thunder hammer, 2 frost axes, 2 combi-meltas 270pts
-Wolf Guard x5, 5 storm shields, 5 melta bombs

-Land Speeder Squadron x2, 2 Multi-Meltas 120pts
-Thunderwolf Cav x5, 5 thunder hammers,5 storm shields 425pts

-Relic Leviathan Dreadnought, Storm Cannon 305pts
-Relic Whirlwind Scorpius 125 pts
-Spartan Assault Tank, Frag Assault Launchers 325pts
-Spartan Assault Tank, Frag Assault Launchers 325pts

-Typhon Heavy Siege Tank 350pts

from Codex Space Wolves of total value 3000 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Fang and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

WLK

So great to see a mix of veterans and new blood coming to the Fang's aid! :tu: And of course the prince of the SW Strategium, none other than the three times SW Champion makes and appearance with a 3k vow! For those who do not know, these 3k points are as good as done. :yes:

This all seems very promising... very promising!

Unfortunately all my pictures got deleted from my camera, so I don't have any photos atm sad.png. I'll take more pictures tomorrow and post them.

For my WIP updates, I'll be opening up my own thread in the greater SW subforum.

When you get the new pics just edit them in your original vow post.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@WLK - :p

It's been a few years since I had the forum champion title. Maybe we can have a little friendly competition. Though the main aim should be for both of us to out paint Kurama.

FPS & Kassill, Good to see you here, especially looking forward to seeing how your dread turns out with the Mjolnir crozius smile.png

And will be interesting to see how your Cypher looks with paint kassill.

Konn & Burias, your Wulfen look cool.

Burias, we will need pictures of the models making up the rest of your vow.

Yea I'm pumped to get it going! He's basically good to go but the LR needs a bit of love before painting. Definitely have more than my first vow to add to the cause but slow and steady right? msn-wink.gif

I, Rift Blade answer the call of E Tenebre Lux & vow the following:

Blood Claw Pack:5 w/flamer & powerfist-upgraded Wolfguard pack Ldr w/ TDA, TH & SS for 140 pts

Lukas The trickster for 80 pts

Dedicated Drop pod w/Deathwind launcher & locator beacon for 60 pts

Land Speeder Tempest for 90 pts

Wulfen pack:6 w/GFA, 2 TH & SS, 2 storm frag auto launchers, 2 w/twin frost claws & 1 pack leader w/2 frost claws for 276 pts

Murder Fang for 135 pts

For a total vow of 781 pts for the Glory of Russ & the All Father.

@WLK - tongue.png

It's been a few years since I had the forum champion title. Maybe we can have a little friendly competition. Though the main aim should be for both of us to out paint Kurama.

Well I "only" have 6-7k of Wolves available to paint,so I am not sure if I can give either of you competition.

WLK

I, MaveriK from the Pack, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete following units from Codex: Space Wolves till August 15th 2016.

Rune Priest (120pts), Arjac Rockfist counts-as (115 pts), Harald Deathwolf custom (195 pts), Cypher (190 pts). Total 620 pts.

Urgh ... Painted till 3am. Good chunk of the vow done but no individual model finished. Think work today is gonna be a challenging. Maybe tonight will be an early one and I'll try painting more on Tuesday morning.

I got almost no painting done last night, so will work on it tonight.

Also found tat the micron pens I bought were brush pens :(

Looks like I will do tattoo details when I get home.

In Other news:

We have breached the 20,000 point mark for vows (20786)!!

Well done the Wolves!

27 vows in, of which 10 have come from first-timers.

Lets get to our brushes.

Lovesmuffins: Yes it does feel that way, but we have a bit more of a relaxed rule when it comes to having partners msn-wink.gif

Oh and Cypher for the second vow thumbsup.gif Minor points adjustments are fine in a vow, but adding in something as significant as a 190 point model might be breaking the rules.

Rand Winters: Good to see your vow, the LR looks cool with all the bits added on.

Yoyo: that is a good staring vow.

TMH:That Cypher looks wicked cool.

Wulfgar: Sweet Atrapos. I may or may not have one of those for the ETL depending on the delivery Gods and my wife. My Lancer is on te back burner while I fiure a way to safely drill hard rocks. Casting not an option as I have none of the kit for it.

Rift Blade: Good to have you with us smile.png

Maverik: Really looking forward to seeing how your models will look wit a lick of paint. If you paint half as good as you create, they will be stellar.

Lord Thorn: Dam you!! Yes you are right, they could easily be given a Norse twist to suit the Wolves. But not sure if I can squeeze them into my budget without dropping the third Leviathan!!

FPS: slow and steady wins the race my friend!! This is a marathon not a sprint. I like the pelts on your Land Raider

I, The Ratfink of the Rout, rise to the challenge this year's E Tenebrae Lux and pledge myself to the Vlka Fenryka!

I vow to complete the following units, totaling 749 points, on or before August 15th, 2016:

1. Harald Deathwolf (195pts)

2. Arjac Rockfist (115pts)

3. 5 man Blood Claw pack (60pts)

4. 5 Fenrisian Wolf pack (40pts)

5. 3 Rhinos (35pts each)

6. Wulfen pack - Pack leader upgrade, x2 frag launchers, x2 hammer & shields, Wolfclaws and a great frost axe (234pts)

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/caprimandan88/3f944e277ee7cd1461f3941807954a89.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/caprimandan88/372274bfdd8d58e9696c3a92b6a6b276.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/caprimandan88/1973627354b8885dea7103534d00d1cc.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/caprimandan88/d2c31d99ab032d902256750404e9abbc.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/caprimandan88/a43c812ef74f75ec07acbf885023940b.jpg

I, Rayray, rise to the challenge this year's E Tenebrae Lux and pledge myself to the Vlka Fenryka!

Vow number one will be simple- 

x4 swiftclaw bikers- 80

x5 WG terminators with wolf claws- 273

x1 Contemptor- 185

x1 Wolf lord on bike with frost sword-145

x1 Wolf Priest- 110

Totalling 793pts. Victory will bring glory to Russ and the Aeitt, failure will see me wear the badge of shame until the next ETL

I'll post pictures this evening after my munchkins hit the bed.

EDIT: vow 1 proof shot- http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322547-rayrays-etl-shenanigans/

Archived