+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Thanks guys.

Yes I am enjoying the darker grey.

Deep red is really easy, its just khorne red with a drakenhof nightshade wash

Moric: next time you are in photobucket, once you have uploaded your image, click on it and go to edit (the square symbol with the paintbrush on it.

You will get the option to resize the image there. You will also get to experiment with effects and the like too

Dantay like your grim style, I especially like the last photo it has so much character 

And here is my wolfguard from my vow, need to do the cosmetic details and touch up the highlights then the base and move on to the rest of the pack

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg309/moric_photos/vow1%20termie%20002.jpg

Edit* could someone help me on how to downsize my pics they seem huge 

I strongly recommend you make a Gallery here in B&C - you get the options to post the pic from thumbnail, to small, to medium, to large size... Seriously, consider it. 

And it is awfully quiet here... what happened? Tired? :P

And it is awfully quiet here... what happened? Tired? tongue.png

I'd describe myself currently as shell shocked and trying to recover from "Hold the door" so I apologize for not being as vocal as I normally am.

Added the pic to my original vow as well but here is the completed version of Ulrik. Sorry I've been a bit slow but I've got a lot going on right now.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1092.jpg

Got the armor and fur for my first group of Wulfen based. Should be able to give the fur one pass with a dry brush and a wash to call it good.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20160523_210751_zps8hskg0kp.jpg

It also appears as if someone is watching, observing off to the side. I wonder what Cypher is planning now...

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20160523_210827_zpsjn470n0a.jpg

Great to see progress here! thumbsup.gif I looks as the fang has woken up at last!

Added the pic to my original vow as well but here is the completed version of Ulrik. Sorry I've been a bit slow but I've got a lot going on right now.

Hidden Content

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1092.jpg

A great mini done better with the addition of the proper helmet in the proper position (that is the head NOT the hand GW)!

Just to point out that you do not need to edit the completed pictures in your initial vow - not for the needs of the ETL anyway. What is required is the "before" pic to be edited in your initial vow post but the completed stuff should be posted in new posts (as you did above) as I'm not going to be revisiting the original vow threads just in case someone updated... Once all the units of a vow are complete, post a group picture in a new post so I can link it in the first page. smile.png

Got the armor and fur for my first group of Wulfen based. Should be able to give the fur one pass with a dry brush and a wash to call it good.

Hidden Content

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20160523_210751_zps8hskg0kp.jpg

It also appears as if someone is watching, observing off to the side. I wonder what Cypher is planning now...

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20160523_210827_zpsjn470n0a.jpg

Very impressive! The Wulfen are growing on me by the day! Excellent blue-grey too - very, very smooth! smile.png

School run ifs currently happening. After the kids are dropped off I'll be able to do an hour or two painting. We'll see how close I can get to finishing these!!!

@ Fytharin: Hold the door? Did I miss something?

@ Kurama: http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/12935126_257709231233255_1776700181_n.jpg

@Wulfgar: Ulrik look wicked awesome, makes me want to get the updated model and chop him up to make it better than the original.

@Cody. Wulfen look ace!!

@moric: there is a guide on setting up the BnC gallery in the first page of the strategium I set up the guides there if you need them. Also in the master thread and also the master tips topic.

Come on Wolves, lets bare our fangs and brushes!!

Still awaiting some new recruits to join the pack officially.

That would be about right!

SW1, any chance of editing the post to take out the names?

I do nor want any over-enthusiastic Wolves badgering them, incase there is real life issues holding them back for now

And it is awfully quiet here... what happened? Tired? tongue.png

I'd describe myself currently as shell shocked and trying to recover from "Hold the door" so I apologize for not being as vocal as I normally am.

That's about it and probably every monday until season endmsn-wink.gif .

Brother dantay, it's about GoT.

Ah Hodor.... Nuff said. He'll make an awesome White Walker!!!

Will need to name a model after the legendary man with giants blood in his veins ;)

I have found that I'll be able to paint one day a week, possibly two (if I am lucky). I do have the base color on the RP down and the recesses washed at this point. I also have all of the wolves ready to prime.

Nice job everybody!! I've not had a lot of time online recently, but looking through this thread tells me we are not resting on our laurels (as SOME may believe...). We are nearly waiting for the precise moment to strike!!

FOR RUSS!!

End of Line

I, Wolflord gunnar_w rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

• a Wolf Guard Pack with combi weapons in TA (7 models/306 pts.)
    gallery_46308_12071_49378.jpg
  • a Blood Claw Pack with WGPL (12 models/209 pts.)
    gallery_46308_12071_33896.jpg
  • a Wolf Guard Pack in TA with special weapons (4 models/232 pts.)
    gallery_46308_12071_667.jpg
  • two Rune Priests in TA (180 pts.) and one Iron Priest (75 pts.)
    gallery_46308_12071_20676.jpg

from Codex: Space Wolves/Curse of the Wulfen for a total value of 1002 pts. on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

a256c75dfcea2378252d1119b6f5b419.jpg

Little wolf pup is back and healthy... ALMOST ready to howl his vow into the winds of Fenris, for all brothers and sisters to hear
Nurgle bested and beaten (I hope).
So now I'm counting... and deciding if I chop the vows up into different, samely-priced pieces. Or make a big 3000er one, so I can have a Badge of the Hero. (I really want one! - And I have to paint all the stuff over the summer anyway, because big, big Apocalypse games are coming up... ...and I don't want the newbies in my playgroup to catch up with me, nor the old grey men to best me.)

Honorable Brothercaptain Semper?
Would Wolfcloaks with Wolf exhausts count as Psychic Mastery Level 2 for you? (regular marines rarely have cloaks, normal ML1 Runepriests don't have them either)
I am painting 5. All of them have helms with runes. 4 of them the same, one has a different "special" one. Would that count as Helm of Durfast (intended use) for you?

Honorable Brothercaptain Semper?

Would Wolfcloaks with Wolf exhausts count as Psychic Mastery Level 2 for you? (regular marines rarely have cloaks, normal ML1 Runepriests don't have them either)

I am painting 5. All of them have helms with runes. 4 of them the same, one has a different "special" one. Would that count as Helm of Durfast (intended use) for you?

Yes on both accounts! :)

If the wife wasn't requiring my attention of have this vow wrapped up tonight. Managed to get all bar 4 models finished and they're all close to being finished. The end is in sight and then it's time to vow MORE!!!

Archived