+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Thanks FearPeteySodes and Brother Callidan! Mixed a bit of flesh colours depending on fur colour.

Great work, mercbat! Very fine knotwork, indeed. Envy and pride are both felt by me.

I'm slowly gaining speed.

Started a bit on the Scouts.

The Thunderwolves are nearly completed, the riders have the first few colurs. Probably can finish them all today.

The Iron Priest is finished!

Cypher is finished, not entirely happy, but I want to keep my brother's colour scheme for him.

If everything works out I can start on Logan, Arjac and the Terminators tomorrow.

And the first part of vow is finished to the greater glory of Aett

gallery_81331_12029_113787.jpg

Amazing work mercbat! Lovely grey and lovely base! And the leather effect kicks butt! Well done.

I have to ring the alarm bell though... The SWs have done quite well in the first part of the ETL - they achieved the highest participation levels ever. But now they need to put their resources in good use, and start delivering on the completions' front. Completion rate of 14%, although not the lowest, is nothing to right home about. The trick here is to start piling on the first wave of vows with similar sized second and subsequent vows to reach the top!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Finally! Managed to put paint to model for the first time in a almost two months!

Anyway, I finished basecoating dawnstone (armour plates) this afternoon. So not much really. But I'm pleased with any progress at this point laugh.png

My air brush came in yesterday. I tinkered with it a bit and almost have my thunder wolves finished. Ulrik's armor is base coated so all I really have to worry about is my wulfen. After that I can quickly put together my Cypher who has been sitting in a sandwich bag for a few weeks now. I ordered a knight this week from my flgs so if that comes in time I may be vowing him as well for my second vow.

LM,

that all sounds awesome :tu:

Looking forward to cypher.

Airbrushing is tons of fun isn't it. I managed to get the bulk of the work done on my armour in a few days, rather than a few weeks.

Even if you only use it to prime & basecoat, it is still worth the money

I posted up some airbrush tips in the tips master thread.

What set up did you get?

LM,

that all sounds awesome :tu:

Looking forward to cypher.

Airbrushing is tons of fun isn't it. I managed to get the bulk of the work done on my armour in a few days, rather than a few weeks.

Even if you only use it to prime & basecoat, it is still worth the money

I posted up some airbrush tips in the tips master thread.

What set up did you get?

It was the masters g23 with compressor deal on amazon. I didn't want to spend too much just in case I didn't like using it.

Oh wow really cool.

I went with the cheap and cheerful Foxhunter 186 deal on amazon for the same reason.

Now I know I like it, I might invest in an iwata or a H&S airbrush

20160619 191938

20160619 191923

20160619 191910

20160619 191903

20160619 192307

20160619 191943

20160619 192053

20160619 191954

20160619 192002

So this is the last progress that I have made.

I am now offshore for 3 weeks, so I cannot do any more until I return

Let me know what you think.

I particularly a looking for ideas for the 2 forward sections of the Caestus.

I considered doing the top and upper sides either a creamy colour so I could add the red Wolf head, or red, or even possibly black, so I could add the Wolf which stalks the stars.

I am planning to do a knotwork or saxon/ celtic dragon along the flanks and possibly up on to the wings, like the Fire Raptor.

Something like this:

viking dragon 2010 By vikingtattoo

or

viking dragon 3 By vikingtattoo

gold norse dragon keepsake Box

Thoughts please.

The top dragon of the three has my vote. :tu:

Out of interest how people are doing with their vows?

I'm starting to flag a little and seeing others progressing helps give me a kick up the backside to get back at it. :)

Vow #1 Complete! It took me longer than expected. Life is funny that way.

Knight Atrapos Complete

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/20160622_221226%201.jpg

Group pic

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/20160622_221604.jpg

Well done Wulfgar!!

Ulrik, Lord and Atrapos look ace :tu:

Are you going to put in a second vow?

To all the other Wolves out there... Come on, lets see what is on your hobby desk.

We have been pretty quiet of late, so lets inspire each other with our ETL progress.

Whether it be just adding a bit here or there, fitting a model to a base or even near completed/completed models, bring them forth and show them off!!

I may be out o action ETL-wise for the next 17 days, but I am still here and will be using my time productively )

Hi guys.

Sorry for not posting this week. I've been busy designing layout works for next weekend.

I've a scenerized apocalyps campauign. This is the second part of 3 parts campaign.

2 sides : imperium vs necron and tau. 14 player each, 44000 point.

3 main apocalyse games plus other "in game event" games of either 40k, kill team or mortalis…

We've been preparing this for almost a year. Writing fluff stuff and other thing.

And, well being graphic designer, I had to work the booklet of the fluff. Hum, well. Did I say booklet ?

Is a 165 pages layout still a booklet ? biggrin.png

Anyway. Back to brushes next monday.

@SW1 : Go on, keep the faith smile.png What you have achieved is already impressive. Keep pushing. I'll push my efforts with you as soon as possible

@ wulfgar76 : wow, nice ! The knight is impressive.

@Dantay : For your caestus a LF pack marking could just work fine. I think there was one in an imperial armour. Can't remember which one though.

Or you could do black and yellow stripes.

As for the the dragon knotwork, same as SW1, the first one.

Glad you like the middle dragon Wulfgar:

Time to show a little of my madness, using my child like art skills.

First off, is the Caestus as it is:

20160610 154614

These are 3 ideas that I have had, I have already shown these on my own WIP threads here and in AoD

Number 1: Red top for both sides of the ram:

gallery 79710 12004 792626 Red Top

I would then put the dragon through the red, using gold paint

Number 2: Cream top for both sides of the ram:

gallery 79710 12004 792626 cream Top

Again with the dragon across it. The dragon would be done in dark brown or black

Number 3: Dark brown almost black lower hull, like a longship with a dragon woven through in in either a lighter brown or silver/gold

gallery 79710 12004 792626 brown lonboat

I would use a dragon like this.

viking shield boss dragon 2

I have also decided to add horizontal cream/white stripes like the Spartan has to the upper fin and put a red wolf design there too.

Most folks seem to like the red so far.

Thoughts?

Hail Brothers,

@dantay_xv: Awesome models Brother, diggin' the red and the creamy colored panels, for the dragon to stand out it should be cream or maybe even yellow i.m.h.o., but you'll make the red work just as well is my guess.

@mercbat: Wolfwhiz for an outstandingly well done piece Brother, have some!

summer's making an appearance here, so progress is slow, anyway here's a WiP of Bjorn

P1070140

P1070139

I hope you like it and that monday maybe the day I can call him done.....have a nice weekend all around.

Holy cow Bulweih, those are some sensational looking legs right there!!!

I seriously cannot wait to see the rest of Bjorn if this is anything to go by..

Good to see you back Cody smile.png

Hope you had a good Hiatus... That's in Mexico right?!? :p

Vow #2

I, Wulfgar76, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete :

5 Land Speeders with Multi-melta and Typhoon Missile Launcher

5 Land Speeders with Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon

Total Points  850

on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Rout and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. 

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/speeders.jpg

Archived