+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Guess who woke up this morning with silver in his hair. Yup ... That was me and the silver was paint. Lol ... Well most of it anyway. :d

Didn't actually get much painted other than my head which amused the kids when they noticed.

Will try again tonight with hopefully more paint on the models than me. :lol:

Cool colour scheme ! What's that symbol on their left shoulder ? Great company, pack marking or something else ?

Is this colour scheme for a specific Wolf Lord or a Specific Time/Campaign ?

I've missed this question, brother, but I've found my fault and would try to correct it.

The symbol - is a mark of Ainar "Angry" Adalson's Great Company created by me.

Colour scheme is a compromiss between "Heresy era" as it was described in the books and some art of Space wolves that really impressed me, I'd try to post them a little bit later as I get to my notebook.

Got a little knocked out today, the Wolf Priest and speeder #5 heading to the paint shop

[/url]">http://http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69/JimKearney/Space%20Wolf%20Army/20160705_183734.jpeg

[/url]">http://http://s814.photobucket.com/user/JimKearney/media/Works%20in%20progress/20160705_184704.jpeg.html'>http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69/JimKearney/Works%20in%20progress/20160705_184704.jpeg

Nothing really special tonight, just basecoating the armor on everything left. Majority of my time was spent trying to make an instamold cast of a Wulfen shoulderpad, on account of hating how my Termie Wulfen look with only one pad. And in the background, you can see leftover putty used for fur on the Praetor tribune.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20160705_213756_zpsdf5wjrxq.jpg

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of events, but how about an unofficial bet? SWs vs. DAs? Can you beat the First? Right now you got some 10k points more pledged...

WILL YOU HONOUR THE TRADITION?

med_gallery_27176_11277_47807.jpg

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of events, but how about an unofficial bet? SWs vs. DAs? Can you beat the First? Right now you got some 10k points more pledged...

WILL YOU HONOUR THE TRADITION?

med_gallery_27176_11277_47807.jpg

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Name your terms Dark Lord.

Oh, Semper, I'll be honoring traditions, don't worry... But some of it will be in the style of out-of-competition vows. Something to portray our culture, our heritage, the blood that boils in every Fenrisian!

And a honorable daughter of Fenris, which bravely stood against the enemies of the Imperium...

Tell me again, what is left of calibanite culture, except for bath robes? ;P

Not only

Hello guys and gals.

Sorry for the lack of reactivity the last week or so.

The return to reallity after the apocalypse week end was hectic. Rush before the summer hollidays at work, my wife offering us (she's a gamer too) a PS4 for my daddy's day…

Yes, that impacted my painting ratio. No more painting session, watching a movie or an episode of whatever series. Now, when home (she's on nightshift till friday morning), that was PS4 together.

I suspect she had enough of me painting while she fell asleep alone on the couch biggrin.png . What an evilish woman !

Anyway, that's an attraction I still can resist (the PS4, not my wonderfull wife I mean cool.png ) and I still was able to work a bit. Not as much as I wanted due to our little girl now crawling everywhere, which means more surveillance from me, and less painting while she plays lying on her playing mat.

No, what worries me, is the phone call we recieved yesterday. We have the appartment we applied to. More than one month in advance than what was scheduled.

That's wonderfull news for our family life. But a disaster for my ETL vow.

That means evenings and week ends spent to box our stuff, to fill the administrative papers etc.

I think that the commission took place earlier because of the summer break.

I'll do my best to fullfill my vow but I might end up with a Badge of the Oath Breaker…

Now to the pics :

thunderwolves are on their way : metal as been basecoated, et washes are in progress. Still have to do the brown unit wash.

Sorry for the lame picture, taken late on my cellphone.

Thunder wolves A wash 1

Thunder wolves A wash 2

Thunder wolves B metal 1

Thunder wolves B metal 2

Thunder wolves B metal 3

I should be able to work further on these tonight and tomorrow evening as my wife finishes her nightshift.

I'll post more pics then.

G.

Okay gang, let's get cracking!  The Wolves have only completed 790 points in the last three weeks, and have the lowest completion rate of any Faction, with just 15.5% at the 7 week mark in the competition.  It's time to get those initial vows over and done with, so you can come back for more.

Raawrr!

I know some of us have taken awhile to complete our initial vows. I know there have been more than a few of us that have had life changing instances happen in the last month or 2.

I know in my case i knocked out a ton of painting in the last 2 weeks when I found time for it. For3 thunder wolves and Ulrika and about 9 hours total painting time in that time period for me is pretty good. I have probably 1-3ish hours left on my wulfen. And my vow will be complete.

So it's Friday already! I'll try to get the update early on Saturday because I'll have a busy weekend (Saturday is the proper day anyway) so I'll be looking here maybe another time today, but then that's it for this week! So if you want your vow to boost this week's stats, now is the time! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, 2nd vow time. This one should be easier...

I Leif Bearclaw rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete three Rhino APCs from Codex Space Wolves of total value 105 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Jarl Stormwolf and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/rgewaghwaer/Rhinos%20Unpainted.jpg

Talking of badges:

Ladles & Jellyspoons,

The Wolf Council would like to acknowledge the hard work & effort being put in by all of you participating in this years ETL.

This year looks set to be the best that the Wolves have had in terms of points & participation.

We are both proud and humbled by the work you have put into this and what you have been producing.

With that in mind we have made a few tokens to show thanks & to hopefully spur you on to greater glories

They have been sized to fit in your signature and to match the official ETL banners.

BC1

Bloodclaw: for the first vow completed

Grey Hunters 2nd Pack Marking

Grey Hunter: For completing your second vow, now a seasoned warrior

WG1

Wolf Guard: Completing that tricky third vow, you are now becoming an honoured veteran

Long Fangs Pack Insignia

Long Fang: Fourth vow completion, very few grizzled veterans make it this far

scout

Scout: Fifth vow completed.. So few make it this far, in fact you may be the only one. A true elite

stormcaller

The mark of the Stormcaller: Completion of a Wyrdbros formation, or equivalent across your vows

great wolf

The mark of the Great Wolf: Completion of 5 or more Wolf Lords across your vows

IP1

The mark of the Iron Priest: Completion of 3 or more units with an AV value

Wulfen

Mark of the Wulfen: Completion of 3 or more units of Wulfen and/or Thunderwolf Cavalry across all vows 

crux

Crux Terminatus: Awarded for completion of 3 or more Elite units which do not have an AV

There are other special awards which will be announced at the end of the ETL

These are the badges you can achieve, however should you fail, this will be your marker.

Oath breaker

Well, 2nd vow time. This one should be easier...

I Leif Bearclaw rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete three Rhino APCs from Codex Space Wolves of total value 105 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Jarl Stormwolf and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/rgewaghwaer/Rhinos%20Unpainted.jpg

OK, your vow is in Leif, good luck! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I picked up some new brushes last night. Depending on when I get home tonight, I may complete my 2nd vow. Think I'm down to eye lenses and trinkets and the plasma gun coils.

Well my brother has decided he's going to brave the school run with me and stay for the evening as well as this morning/afternoon. We may see his vow finished.

Sorry about not update last night. Last night was a craft night to break up the painting monotony (shoulder pad molding and knight construction). Should have some progress to show tonight though.

Archived