+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

sml_gallery_79710_12195_19355.jpg

You should replace that broken sword with the Deathwing broken sword for the lulz. You know, with the DAs being oathbreakers and all :P

Great idea and great badges there sir !

I, mercbat, rise again to the challenge of ETL, and vow to complete following units till August 15th 2016:

Thunderwolf Cavalry - 2 Power Axes, Power Fist, 3 Stormshields, 3 MeltaBombs

Total - 235 pts

gallery_81331_12029_174060.jpg

Succes will bring glory to the Fang, Allfather and Russ, failure will burden me with badge of the Oathbreaker until end of the year.

@Captain semper - it's a rebranding of an old work, so the one "ready" wolf would be completetly re-painted.

Hammer, yep Fen Wolves count too :)

And we will not provoke the Deathwing (yet!!) our blade is our oath and to break one is to also break the other ;)

I'm needing a few solid hours to plow through. Only managing to snatch short time slots which is great when I'm using washes but not so great when I'm not.

I doubt I can finish in a week, but seeing as vacation started, I can finally push heavily towards completion.

I'll get myself a can of Mechanicum Standard Grey on Tuesday (shop is closed on monday, sadly), to speed things up a little, even though it's expensive for me this month.

But, there is one model I don't need a base paint of grey... who is it? The oldest badass not sleeping among the ancients!
(Full pic: HERE - One of the best artworks the Warzone: Fenris books brought us)
http://i.imgur.com/cTjys58.jpg

Progress...only two of these count towards my vow as one was already painted as a test model.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/20160710_141516.jpg

Once the flying stands arrive in the mail, I will start on the HB/AssCan speeders.

Just a couple photos to show how far along I am on my vow. Almost done..

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69/JimKearney/Works%20in%20progress/20160710_212850.jpeg[/url] 

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69/JimKearney/Works%20in%20progress/20160710_213013.jpeg

I can see a lot of progress taking place here, a lot of progress! Good. That means that soon we'll have an avalanche of completions!

Mike's (MJ) finished his vow and here's his completion pic:

gallery_25187_12055_291120.jpg

Well I have to say, a great take on Ragnar - love the grey but also the other details like the face and the the base! I also see a distinct overall improvement since the previous time back in 2013! Congratulations MJ - always a pleasure to look at your work! :)

Finally finished my vow. Now to challenge my cousin to another HoR game biggrin.png

gallery_74843_8971_197170.jpg

Red Wolves FTW! :D Great work man, they do look menacing don't they?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi guys, no pics and no completion of as yet.

But still, I managed to get some time to paint. I'm progressing quite well on the thunder wolves.

The drybrushes on their fur is almost done. I have to do the heads, paws, scars and saddles.

I hope I can finish them by the end of the week, which would let me one month to do the riders and the TDA runepriest.

I'll try to post some pics during the week.

G.

Same as gnenthaal, not enough progress to warrant pics, but fur is almost complete on the last group of wulfen. Luckily, not as much detail on terminators as regular wulfen, but still enough to bog me down.

Mike's (MJ) finished his vow and here's his completion pic:

gallery_25187_12055_291120.jpg

Well I have to say, a great take on Ragnar - love the grey but also the other details like the face and the the base! I also see a distinct overall improvement since the previous time back in 2013! Congratulations MJ - always a pleasure to look at your work! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yeah his last time around was a little more wacky colour wise. This time I showed him what to do on one of my own models and then got him to have a go.

First wash was a bit OTT but he got more control over his brush as we went on.

Currently discussing a second vow which he wants to do. But I think he's better off enjoying completion of a single vow rather than not finishing a second one.

PRAISE TO THE ALLFATHER, gifting me with a can of Mechanicum Standard Grey!
...it's all so fast now. (I'll never again NOT use it - and I'll only start new armies if there's a can for the base colour.)

Great work by all of you, so far.
The red Space Wolves are... vicious, Vykril. Awesome!
Impressive vow you have there, Sturm Moonwolf. If I ever had the motivation to paint my pods... ...and I can't wait for your Leviathan Dread!

And Brothers, do not forget:
End of ETL V is August 15th!

...not September 15th, like a certain battle-brother of yours - NOT ME! - had in the back of his head.

Archived