+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

I had a friend give me the Jetek Suberei model from the Deathwatch Overkill set. I turned him into a White Scars librarian for another formation but kept the bird for myself. He's a callback to the gentle days of yesteryear with the Infiltration denying, BS improving 'Chooser of The Slain' from 5th edition. In the current edition he should be very nice for marking ML 2.

I drilled a small hole in the back fender of the bike so I can remove the whole pole setup if needed (and storage).

Rp4 1

Looking great Leif... and you too Gemini.

Do not worry about how much or little you have vowed.

Every contribution is welcome and appreciated

Just make sure you get those vows completed

20160805 001024

Guess what colour I was painting last night :D

20160804 213758

Progress being made. Ulriks impressionable younger brother. :p

I, Gemini rise AGAIN to the challenge of E. Tenebrae Lux and vow that by August 15 I shall have painted 195 points of Space Wolves:

1 Wolfkin Formation

1 unit of 5 Fenrisian Wolves, one of which has been upgraded to Cyber-Wolf (50)

1 unit of 5 Fenrisian Wolves, one of which has been upgraded to Cyber-Wolf (50)

1 Whirlwind, with extra armour, storm bolter and an HK missile (95 points)

Success will bring Honor to The Rout and Glory to Dantay.

Failure will demand I wear the badge of 'Oathbreaker' until years end.

Vow2

Not the vow I wanted to make but time moves every closer to August 15 and I WANT to be sure this gets done.

My son has absconded with the 40mm bases for my Cyber-Wolves, something will need to be done about that...
The 'Whirlwind' was picked up at a 'swap-meet' for a price I couldn't refuse. As a 'looted' Vindicator it's going to need some work.
I want to scratch build the missile launcher using the old White Dwarf pattern I THINK is in issue 117.
It will be nice to have the Fenrisian Wolves painted, they've been based black FAR too long.

[Looking good Gemini.

Would the missile launchers from the land speeder work for a frame then a cluster of tubes work for the Whirlwind?

Runefyre, Nice looking dude you got there.

Cody, the Knight is also looking sweet, glad the checkers worked out. I had a nightmare doing them on the body for mine.

Anyway Phase 1 progress continues.

Reds done (mostly, gold is almost done, moved on to brass/bronze..

20160805 233216

20160805 233231

20160805 233244

And the shield wall is coming for you.

20160805 233501

Golds came out pretty yellow, let me know what you think, does it look alright?

Thanks

Danny

Brothers, you are all outdoing yourselves. I mean it.

The shield wall is magnificent, Dantay. Mine pales in comparison.

Gemini, a honorable vow. So much work for so few points is sagaworthy, so close to the end especially.

Good idea, Runefyre, I chose the beakie helm aswell for my Rune Priests. (and made the beak silvery, too - even though I painted the runes with the blue gemstone color to make them pop out more)

I returned home yesterday, but apparently during my time away my laptop died.

So I'm unable to upload images. So no mini vow over the weekend from me.

But I work on. Something to make our Chapter proud...

Okay folks,

This has been a stellar year for the Wolves with regards to participation with great numbers and possibly the highest ever amount of points vowed.

We are so close to greatness!!

Yet it could still all go disastrously wrong for us.

Unless I have read it incorrectly:

Currently we have 51 entrants with vows.

We have only 7 entrants with vows completed and points in the bank

That leaves us with 44 of us who could still potentially not complete (myself included)

COME ON!!

Lets get our fingers out and get those vows DONE.

I would like to have had more time to figure out how I wanted to paint Cypher, but i'm not getting it. I'll also figure out how I want to deal with the lightning claws later. So far I haven't done anything special with any power weapons in my army. So iI'm declaring my last vow finished.

gallery_74843_8971_3331.jpg

We had a good service for my grandmother yesterday. After eating lunch with his sons and most of his grandchildren, Grandpa decided to join Grandma. Grandma was his heart and most llikely the reason Grandpa held on this long. Grandma was 81, Grandpa was 89. It's been both a sad and joyful time. Both are now free of their failing bodies. Better to enjoy their memory than to have them with us as they live in pain and confusion.

Fair play to everyone who has made a completion and best of luck to those still on course. I'm really up s***creek and I'm not sure if I'm going to finish in time, but I'll keep plugging away.sweat.gif .

Let's get that completion rate up. It isn't inconceivable that we can overtake the Codex Space Marines before it's all over with.

Push through! Fight on! Over the top, lads, to Victory!

Painting wulfen is a pain in the butt. Future reference: paint them in segments then assemble.

Way to many floating bits and bobs that get in the way.

Also THese Eyes are the smallest studid things in the world

Paint eyes and mouth/teeth first. Then do skin tones.

Painting wulfen is a pain in the butt. Future reference: paint them in segments then assemble.

Way to many floating bits and bobs that get in the way.

Also THese Eyes are the smallest studid things in the world

Paint eyes and mouth/teeth first. Then do skin tones.

Wulfen are a huuuuge pain in the rear for painting while assembled

Let's get that completion rate up. It isn't inconceivable that we can overtake the Codex Space Marines before it's all over with.

Push through! Fight on! Over the top, lads, to Victory!

actually if codex marines didn't finish anything else my completion put us at .1% higher than them.

Archived