+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Painting wulfen is a pain in the butt. Future reference: paint them in segments then assemble.

Way to many floating bits and bobs that get in the way.

Also THese Eyes are the smallest studid things in the world

Paint eyes and mouth/teeth first. Then do skin tones.

Wulfen are a huuuuge pain in the rear for painting while assembled

I can concur with your technical analysis on the nuances of painting wulfen msn-wink.gif

Let's get that completion rate up. It isn't inconceivable that we can overtake the Codex Space Marines before it's all over with.

Push through! Fight on! Over the top, lads, to Victory!

actually if codex marines didn't finish anything else my completion put us at .1% higher than them.

Plus I should have my vow completed by Friday this week.

Then if I manage to vow a single ulrik that should help boost the numbers a bit.

Overall we don't seem to be doing too bad, though it's tough to compete with the likes of Chaos and HH subforums.

Let's get that completion rate up. It isn't inconceivable that we can overtake the Codex Space Marines before it's all over with.

Push through! Fight on! Over the top, lads, to Victory!

actually if codex marines didn't finish anything else my completion put us at .1% higher than them.

Plus I should have my vow completed by Friday this week.

Then if I manage to vow a single ulrik that should help boost the numbers a bit.

Overall we don't seem to be doing too bad, though it's tough to compete with the likes of Chaos and HH subforums.

It'll be okay though 3rd-4th place isn't a bad place to be lol

Painting wulfen is a pain in the butt. Future reference: paint them in segments then assemble.

Way to many floating bits and bobs that get in the way.

Also THese Eyes are the smallest studid things in the world

Paint eyes and mouth/teeth first. Then do skin tones.

Yes, yes they are. I ended up just putting a wash inot the eyes just to give them color. Teeth I didn't have as big of an issue with.

Phase 1 almost completed

20160807 231640

20160807 231630

20160807 231450

20160807 231413

20160807 231604

20160807 231548

20160807 231741

20160807 231516

What colour should I do the Nartheciums??

20160807 231503

20160807 231532

20160807 231726

20160807 231659

20160807 231710

20160807 231348

20160807 231438

20160807 231909

20160807 231831

20160807 232046

20160807 234628

Scary I know, but this is the most invaluable piece of kit that I have, a magnifying loupe.

Mainly used at 1.8 magnification and is a lifesaver.

Not bad for a cheap Amazon buy!!

OMG ! Thoses shields !

Ok. Pic saved. Dantay, I will reuse this, maybe on bigger srufaces like vehicules, if you permit me to.

And as for my vow, not had time to take pics but the riders have their different parts caoted. That should be all good to have them "finished" by friday.

Which will leave me with the week end to deal with the TDA rune priest. That will be enough as my wife will be working and my elder daughter is on hollydays with her mum.

Just the baby girl and me… and the paint ! :-)

I'll try to take some pics during the week.

Meantime here are two blurry and lowquality of the thunder wolves alomost done (the dead thounsand sons on th ebases were not finished at that time), Ihad promised you days ago.

thunderwolves 1

thunderwolves 2

More soon I hope.

You got THAT right Gnenthaal... THOSE SHIELDS ARE CRAZY!

That's about a metric ton of angry, yet beautiful, wolves sir. You've done an outstanding job of dealing with that seam on their heads where the pieces go together. How do you keep that so clean and nice? Green Stuff?

Dantay, to call that progress impressive would be to grossly inflate the meaning of the word impressive. Astounding work in such a short time! The metal 'Rune Priest' using the axe arm to hold a trophy... I wouldn't have come up with that in a thousand years. However I AM looking at another of my own right now (missing the axe and pistol) on my shelf and now the ideas...

(I use a pair of Dollar Store 2x glasses to paint myself, it freaks the wife out whenever she comes to my office as it's the only time I wear glasses cool.png )

PAINT ON BROTHERS!!!!

Update! Been off B+C for a while with a crazy summer at work, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on my vow when able!

I'm wrapping up some of the detail work and should be done right in time this weekend. Just have the some bone, leather straps, gems, and gore to finish on the 15 Wulfen and Murderfang. Small quick things msn-wink.gif

Any other last minute completions coming in?

Fenrisian wolves are painted and the Missile Launcher for the Whirlwind has been completed to White Dwarf 117 standards smile.png This was a VERY fun little build.

Gotta finish the Whirlwind chassis, bits and the Cyberwolves (which are NOT going very well...)

Enjoy the lousy picture.... IF YOU DARE!

fwolves1

Holly :cuss ! That's a great contemtor ! Love it ! And that blodied berzerker on the base, love that bloodspat too.

So, time for a little update, but before :

@ Gemini : concerning the wolves heads, few steps :

1 - plastic glue the parts with a good amount of glue

2 - press the parts so you have a little plastic line at the junction.

3- once dry, remove it with knife, then sandpaper the head thin and smooth

4 - if any holes or misjunctions left, greenstuf and sandpaper.

And yes, it's a bit time consuming. but there's the result msn-wink.gif

So back to our sheaps (huhu, I'm already out, wait no, I've pics to post !)

The cavalry is turning out well. Washes almost finished. It shall be done tonight. Tomorrow, golds, Friday bringing some lights on the faces and hairs, shoulderpads, details if I have the time.

These ones will have their agrax wash tonight :

TWRs1

These ones already have their washes done :

TWRs2

TWR1

TWR2

TWR3

WolfLord

WGBL

So, not that much left to do before the deadline…

The 'lighting' or shading or I don't know what the actual term is (OSL?) amazing and to add that level of detail to an aspect of the model that is generally ignored is impressive. I mean, who looks at the rider when that thunderwolf model hits the table. Thanks for the tips on those heads. I've got 6 now and the last one to paint is a finecast Canis so the head shouldn't be a problem. Maybe one day there will be more.

MAC! You can DO THIS!

Dantay I'm with gnenthaal, that blood stain turned my stomach just a little bit. WELL DONE!

Almost done with my vow, should have pictures up of everything later today...

VOW 2 COMPLETE!

I, GEMINI, declare that honor has been met and demand that all glory be to Russ, The Allfather and DANTAY!

cyber1

'Finecast' and 'Single point of contact on the base' should NEVER be put together!

Ww1

Whirlwind as vowed

Ww2

Whirlwind dressed as the base version. I don't have the metal bit that spans the ports so I re-purposed two hatch covers and some bits.

etlfnl2

The entire vow COMPLETED!

I wanted to do one more but life just isn't going to allow me to make a vow with any certainty. "Grey Hunter" will have to suffice!

The rest of you. GET THOSE BRUSHES WET!!!

I'm working on my two thss wulfen at this very moment, which will leave just two left (packleader + frost claw dude).

Gemini: What glue do you use for your resin? I use gorilla glue and have no issue gluing finecast to anything.

Archived