+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Adepta Sororitas Strategium+++

In my own thread, Kiwiben raised the point that I've made a mistake in giving all 5 members in a retributor squad a heavy weapon making my entry invalid. Could I change my vow so that both my units now have a retributor superior armed with a combi-flamer for no change in points? Just 2 more people to build up and paint.

Yes - no problem! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

including a step by step guide on building Penitent Engines (for those of us whom haven't yet experience the joy and agony of building one yet!

I recomend a power drill, a 1mm drill bit and paper clips as essential supply's. Green stuff/miliput is optional. I'd also recomend painting the as much as you can before the final assembly as it is an utter pain in the arse afterwords. There are some places you just cannot get a brush after it's built.

Pinning is essential! On these things or you'll find yourself glueing them back together before every game.

The shoulder strap on my carrycase popped off on Sunday just as I was getting home and my army took a tumble down a flight of stairs. The worst damage was Celestine's wings coming loose, 1 penitent engine's arm is loose and another's waist is loose. The glue bonds are away but the pins are holding everything so there's just a little bit of wiggle.

And if your feeling adventurous try the 1 leg challenge. Get a penitent engine to stand on one leg without falling apart.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

ONLY 24HRS REMAINING TO JOIN!

TOMORROW THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

SO MAKE HASTE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF YOUR FACTION NOW!

including a step by step guide on building Penitent Engines (for those of us whom haven't yet experience the joy and agony of building one yet!

I recomend a power drill, a 1mm drill bit and paper clips as essential supply's. Green stuff/miliput is optional. I'd also recomend painting the as much as you can before the final assembly as it is an utter pain in the arse afterwords. There are some places you just cannot get a brush after it's built.

Pinning is essential! On these things or you'll find yourself glueing them back together before every game.

The shoulder strap on my carrycase popped off on Sunday just as I was getting home and my army took a tumble down a flight of stairs. The worst damage was Celestine's wings coming loose, 1 penitent engine's arm is loose and another's waist is loose. The glue bonds are away but the pins are holding everything so there's just a little bit of wiggle.

And if your feeling adventurous try the 1 leg challenge. Get a penitent engine to stand on one leg without falling apart.

The one I have built already (using the aforementioned glue) bounced when I accidentally dropped it! blink.png The left arm was bend slightly at the elbow, but no damage at the joints whatsoever! laugh.png

As for the one leg challenge, well...

Hurray! The first completion of the Sisters! :tu:

Congratulations Obsidian, they look fantastic - great bases too! Any thoughts about putting in another vow? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

2 HOURS REMAINING TO JOIN!

IN JUST 2 HOURS THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

SO MAKE HASTE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF YOUR FACTION NOW!

Belated update! These pictures are a few days old. They where taken at the same time, but the first is to show the leadbealcher I've been painting. The second and third are to show the brown pouches and holsters I've done. I've since cleaned the colors on 2 models. It's about 2-3 hours of cleaning per model. 17 to go. Then washes. Then backpacks start to finish. Then faces and hair. Then it's on to the Seraphim!

I know it's not really impressive, but I do have a hard time getting myself to paint. Without the peer pressure and support from this board I wouldn't even own a brush!

My decision to make EVERY rivet fold is costing me time, but I love the look. There's even some gold rivets on the face plates of the Sabbat pattern helmets! Actually, I'm looking forward to painting Veteran Superior Margrettia and the seraphim, because all those gold rivets are going to look awesome!

Thanks to Aquilanus for the advice a couple months back to use Seraphim Sepia wash on the gold - it really looks amazing!

med_gallery_83651_11889_1310426.jpg

med_gallery_83651_11889_403246.jpg

med_gallery_83651_11889_333752.jpg

Vow 2

I obsidian quacker, vow to complete 2 penitent engines and a canoness with eviscerator, inferno pistol and the mantle of Ophelia for a total of 295 points to bring further glory to the forces of the imperium. Failure to finish will null my previous completion and award me with a badge of shame.

27648593782_c50be91b47.jpgWP_20160618_15_57_20_Pro by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

Vow 2

I obsidian quacker, vow to complete 2 penitent engines and a canoness with eviscerator, inferno pistol and the mantle of Ophelia for a total of 295 points to bring further glory to the forces of the imperium. Failure to finish will null my previous completion and award me with a badge of shame.

27648593782_c50be91b47.jpgWP_20160618_15_57_20_Pro by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

Like I said in your thread: BURN THE HERETICS!

It IS impressive! Keep going Servant of Dante - this is turning put to be quite a project!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks! Unfortunately I won't be able to channel that comment into painting for a few days.

Vow 2

A second vow eh? Well done sir - and good luck! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

For those who are interested, here is a picture of my half-finished Vow...

It's taking me longer than I thought to get things painted.  It's the middle of Winter here, so I'm leaving and getting home from work in the dark, which makes painting time difficult to come by - particularly considering the light in my hobby room isn't that great.  But, I'm getting there...

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/bm_foster1/ETL%20V%20-%20WIP%20Pics/20160628_193037_zpsace8osju.jpg

I have an update, but I don't think I'm going to finish my vow. I seriously underestimated the time involved in painting 28 models

Come on @Servant of Dante! Going by the photo in your last update, you've made a fair amount of progress already...  Still plenty of time to go - discipline, dedication, and faith in Him on Terra will see you through!

Is there any particular roadblocks that you're experiencing?  I'm sure the collective wisdom here will be able to offer some helpful suggestions - no doubt we've all suffered from feeling as though we've "bitten off more than we can chew" in a hobby sense at some stage...

I have an update, but I don't think I'm going to finish my vow. I seriously underestimated the time involved in painting 28 models

Come on @Servant of Dante! Going by the photo in your last update, you've made a fair amount of progress already... Still plenty of time to go - discipline, dedication, and faith in Him on Terra will see you through!

Is there any particular roadblocks that you're experiencing? I'm sure the collective wisdom here will be able to offer some helpful suggestions - no doubt we've all suffered from feeling as though we've "bitten off more than we can chew" in a hobby sense at some stage...

I have to clean up 15 more models (several hours each) do all the backpacks, do all the washes, do all the faces, then do a 9 strong seraphim squad start to finish. I hope to finish the BSS before the ETL ends

It's not that I don't want to finish, its just too much work. And I haven't been able to force myself to paint every day. Although I do have a story . . .

I feel kinda terrible that I'm going to fail the forum, but I'll keep working, I just don't think I'll finish.

Come on @Servant of Dante! Going by the photo in your last update, you've made a fair amount of progress already... Still plenty of time to go - discipline, dedication, and faith in Him on Terra will see you through!

Is there any particular roadblocks that you're experiencing? I'm sure the collective wisdom here will be able to offer some helpful suggestions - no doubt we've all suffered from feeling as though we've "bitten off more than we can chew" in a hobby sense at some stage...

I have to clean up 15 more models (several hours each) do all the backpacks, do all the washes, do all the faces, then do a 9 strong seraphim squad start to finish. I hope to finish the BSS before the ETL ends

It's not that I don't want to finish, its just too much work. And I haven't been able to force myself to paint every day. Although I do have a story . . .

I feel kinda terrible that I'm going to fail the forum, but I'll keep working, I just don't think I'll finish.

First off you're not letting anyone down! This is a fun event of friendly competition not some sort of ultra-competitive event that should induce anxiety on you! The team spirit acts as extra motivation but if you don't complete, you don't complete. Terra will continue to rotate around Sol all the same. :P

Having said that, I think you're doing a great job of getting some of your backlog done in a timely fashion. Remember, the ETL is not over until it's over. Many people (more than i can remember) were disheartened in the middle of the event but they rallied and managed to finish sizeable vows both in terms of points and in terms of workload. 

Remember, this is all for fun and no one is letting down anyone! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So my first weekend free in a while approaches and I've unpacked enough of the new house that the painting projects can resume again.
So a quick update of 1 sister finished and a Rhino, just need to knock out the other 9 sisters and then a second vow can begin.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20160701_145025_zps0bg9bjcs.jpg

Archived