+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Adepta Sororitas Strategium+++

First Vow finally completed!
Calling these Gals done. still minus a basing scheme so far, but I'll work that out once I have more of the army completed.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20160704_155541_zps8pkoov5w.jpg

And now for Vow #2

6 Sisters; 4x Normal Sisters, 1x Sister superior with Power Maul, 1x Sister with Flamer
Dedicated Transport Immolator

Total 162 points

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20160704_160527_zpsecoth7bo.jpg

Great completion and those Sisters do look awesome! And a follow-up nonetheless! Great work Mard - let's see that army take shape! 

And let's see the Sisters stepping up their game! You represent 17% of the total points pledged for IFOR this year! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here's that update I keep putting off. It probably should have been several updates, but whatever:

As I've said before, I'm not going to finish my vow. I might if I painted 4 hours every day, but that's not happening. However, I am determined to finish this squad of 20 sisters before the ETL ends. Even though it's difficult not to think of this as a failure, I would like to think of this as a success. This will be my first complete painted squad. I just underestimated the time it would take.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your comments on my painting, but as the following shows, I know how much work I have to do, and the pace at which I will be able to do it.

As of last night, it was the 41st day since I began my vow. When I went to sleep I had put in over 58 hours of work on my models over those days. I'm surprised. I hadn't tallied up all the time till just now.

Also, THESE MODELS ARE BY NO MEANS COMPLETE. Those without helmets need their heads painted, and everyone needs washes and basing. And a clear coat.

+++ SQUAD DOMINUS UPDATE +++

Veteran Superior Margrettia

med_gallery_83651_11889_544481.jpg

This is the first attempt on the power sword. I was happy with it, except that there was too much paint. It took like an hour, but I was enjoying myself, so I scraped it all of and started over (just on the blade). You can see that I hadn't finished cleaning the detail on the rest of the model. And you get a lovely close-up of my hand.

med_gallery_83651_11889_193827.jpg

I'm still not sure about the blade, but it's OK. Next time I do a power sword I'll try something different, and then consider redoing this one.

med_gallery_83651_11889_130043.jpg

This is a really cool sculpt. I've stayed up past midnight painting a few times now, but I may have overdone it on this one. I just HAD to finish the model that day, and I started at 8:15 I think. I already had an hour or so of cleaning done at the time, but I didn't finish till 6 hours later at like 2:30 in the morning. I was completely burnt out, but it was worth it. For the record, I painted for 7 and a half hours that day.

med_gallery_83651_11889_995899.jpg

This was also very satisfying to paint. And it took 6 hours of work since my previous update. Once again, worth it.

med_gallery_83651_11889_912521.jpg

I'm going to try to paint "Dominus" across the wood slat on the front, and a name down the parchment on the back. I'm thinking that these are the bones of Canoness Alexius (the first Canoness of my order).

med_gallery_83651_11889_4054.jpg

And here are the 4 other models I've worked on since the last update.

med_gallery_83651_11889_152797.jpg

med_gallery_83651_11889_1493688.jpg

Last is a group shot of all the detailed models, along with my test model, Sister Laurial, who is not part of my vow, but is a member of Squad Dominus.

Thanks for bearing with me! Comments appreciated!

These are coming along really well @SoD.  And if I may say, I think that Imagifier is some of your best work yet. 

Have you got as far as planning what their bases will look like?  That's often my favourite part of the model to paint... it is quick, easy, and it makes a huge difference to the overall appearance of the model - it always helps them to seem much more 'complete'...

These are coming along really well @SoD. And if I may say, I think that Imagifier is some of your best work yet.

Have you got as far as planning what their bases will look like? That's often my favourite part of the model to paint... it is quick, easy, and it makes a huge difference to the overall appearance of the model - it always helps them to seem much more 'complete'...

Look at my test model. There are close ups in my order's topic ( link in sig) I glom on hasperat copper then pour on fine sand (but leave the slanted edged copper) then write the sister's name in black along the side of the base

Oh, and the test model has completed hair, a face, and washes

Here's that update I keep putting off. It probably should have been several updates, but whatever:

As I've said before, I'm not going to finish my vow. I might if I painted 4 hours every day, but that's not happening. However, I am determined to finish this squad of 20 sisters before the ETL ends. Even though it's difficult not to think of this as a failure, I would like to think of this as a success.

That's the attitude: go down fighting! And frankly if the ETL is the reason you managed to complete a 20-strong squad to the best of your ability, then so much the better - it's definitely a success! 

And remember, is not over until it's over! So keep the pace as much as you can and who knows? You may surprise yourself! :D

So it's Friday already! I'll try to get the update early on Saturday because I'll have a busy weekend (Saturday is the proper day anyway) so I'll be looking here maybe another time today, but then that's it for this week! So if you want your vow to boost this week's stats, now is the time! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

2nd Vow completed.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20160712_202811_zpsjpntpqcx.jpg

I have some ideas now for my future basing scheme, so I'll work on that in the next few weeks.
Also expect a third vow, I'll work it out in the next few days after I look at my time management

Let's keep getting those vow's done!

Great stuff Mard, another completion! biggrin.png You've got another month for a third vow, so that should be plenty of time for another good contribution smile.png

Yeah, It's more the fact I have an Epic 40k tourney in 6 weeks and want to paint a new army up for that.

There will at least be 3rd vow with Cypher and probably a unit of Seraphim I believe, just don't want to vow what I can't complete

2nd Vow completed.

I have some ideas now for my future basing scheme, so I'll work on that in the next few weeks.

Also expect a third vow, I'll work it out in the next few days after I look at my time management

Let's keep getting those vow's done!

Excellent work Mard - a very tidy bunch of Sisters and their ride! Congratulations! :tu:

Finished the last bit of my first Vow.

Bloody Rose Repressor completed. Original Vow post updated as well.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_53617_12047_291116.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_172041.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_110641.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_41011.jpg

Beautiful Bloody Rose machine there drac! The Sisters are truly shining this year! cool.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Adding a second vow. These are re-paints from my old 2ed/3ed Sisters force along with some Sisters shrine objective markers.

Retributor Squad of five with heavy bolters (100 pts) to be repainted as Martyred Lady Retributors.

med_gallery_53617_12047_264023.jpg

Battle Sisters Squad of 10 (140 pts) to be repainted as Ebon Chalice Battle Sisters. The objectives aren't worth any points, but I have had them sitting around for years, and want to get them painted up one for each of the six Orders matching the scheme used on each of the Repressors I'm working on.

med_gallery_53617_12047_163376.jpg

Martyred Lady Retributor Squad completed 7/30/16

med_gallery_53617_12047_39641.jpg

Ebon Chalice Battle Sisters Squad completed 7/30/16

med_gallery_53617_12047_3191.jpg

Ok, my new epic army is coming along pretty well on schedule.

So here's vow #3 Total of 315pts

Seraphim Squad [125]
 -Seraphim Superior
 -3x Bolt Pistols
 -1x Hand Flamers

Cypher [190]

Photo's to be edited in after work

Photo's now arrived

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20160723_175332_zpsnywypq9w.jpg

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20160720_190533_zpswtbzpesy.jpg

Great to see you keep vowing Mard - you're really keeping the pace! 

Now I sure wish there were some completions among the first vows - don't forget, this year the Sisters have a big chunk of the IFOR points! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Update (finally). Still makes me a little upset whenever I think about how I'm going to fail my vow (which is small, thankfully, although that just makes it all the more pathetic that I'm going to fail). And then I go to try to use GS on an Exorcist, fail badly, and try to scrape it all off. Afraid its going to look worse than when I started censored.gifwallbash.gifcensored.gif

anyhow, I haven't painted yet today (the 60th day of my vow), and I have just under 100 hours put into this squad. I feel I've got some "2 steps forward, 1 step back" stuff going on as I paint, but hopefully that will improve as time passes.

As I set up this picture, I immediately noticed a few helmets that aren't where they're supposed to be, detail wise, but the squad is basically all cleaned up, and ready for washes. Then I can do the faces, then the bases.

Also, I have 6 backpacks ready for washes (3 others I thought where ready, but it turns out they still need some work) Really happy with how the packs that I have done look!

In conclusion, I'm looking forward to seeing Squad Dominus completed. I think they'll look sharp, and I'll enjoy actually having enough models available to play solid lists.

med_gallery_83651_11889_944640.jpg\\

Now to go find something on the forum to cheer me up . . .

HERESY! If you want to give up then I can only point you to another Strategium where you might feel more at home. Maybe Chaos - they've been running away for 10,000 years.

In IFOR we fight no matter the odds. Paint until the last hair of the brush, the last drop of paint and the last minute! You have a duty to Him on Terra to give nothing less than your all! If you need help you're already in the right place. Now, if you've time to post you've time to work on your vow...

Archived