+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Adepta Sororitas Strategium+++

HERESY! If you want to give up then I can only point you to another Strategium where you might feel more at home. Maybe Chaos - they've been running away for 10,000 years.

In IFOR we fight no matter the odds. Paint until the last hair of the brush, the last drop of paint and the last minute! You have a duty to Him on Terra to give nothing less than your all! If you need help you're already in the right place. Now, if you've time to post you've time to work on your vow...

Frankly, I can't bring myself to get in character to reply to your post, so I'm just going to be completely candid.

I've been over this, I don't have time (or the will, really) to put what I'm assuming would be something like 80 hours into 9 Seraphim by the 15th.

I never said I wanted to give up. I'll finish this squad by the 15th, it's just that this isn't my whole vow.

I'm a little hurt by your response. For the time being, I will assume you thought that this squad was the entirety of my vow, and that you thought that I was saying I wouldn't be finishing this squad. Again, before the ETL I had painted a grand total of 1 model. And it was a push-fit tactical marine.

Aim to get as much done as you can, it's not like you're going to stop painting after the ETL so each model is one step closer to your completed army ;) If you need inspiration this is the place to find it, same with ideas or anything else you may need :) Instead of thinking that you'll fail, instead look to see how close you can come to succeeding :tu:

Aim to get as much done as you can, it's not like you're going to stop painting after the ETL so each model is one step closer to your completed army msn-wink.gif If you need inspiration this is the place to find it, same with ideas or anything else you may need smile.png Instead of thinking that you'll fail, instead look to see how close you can come to succeeding thumbsup.gif

Exactly. I may have to quit (Heresy! tongue.png) a bit before the 15th due to Real Life stuff, but I'll keep working!

Apologies for no posts or status updates, but to be honest painters block hit me hard and I had to stay away from them for a while, otherwise it would have gotten worse (resulting in me not getting anything done at all). I can say that today, I'm in the middle of priming everything, so that I can get them painted next week. It's cutting it short and I doubt I'll have time to vow a second time, but at least I should be able to get what I have vowed done.

I think in hindsight, I shouldn't have vowed so large...

Well, the Sisters themselves won't actually take that long to paint, as I batch paint nowadays. It's the two PE's, three Immolators and two Exorcists that will be the time consumers laugh.png Still, it's good to shake off the sable haired Daemon and get something done happy.png

PEs are mostly Leadbelcher and a wash though right? tongue.png

True, but two of them, plus the details (and there are a lot of them - there's at least twenty purity seals! blink.pnglaugh.png ).

Still, it's doable. I just need to prevent myself from being distracted from now on laugh.png

Edit: I have (mostly) completed my Counts as Cypher. I have a few bits to finish off (the base, her Plasma pistol and other touch ups), but at least I have done something! It only took my about two hours from basecoat as well, so I'm quite pleased at that. It means that the other HQ models shouldn't take that long either.

I, Dracpanzer, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Repentia Squad of 8 Repentia for Codex: Adepta Sororitas of total value of 112 points on or before August 15th, 2016. The Repentia Mistress and one of the Repentia were completed as test models before the vow began so I have excluded them from the vow point total. That's okay correct?

med_gallery_53617_12047_134892.jpg

I do, throw me in for the entire unit then.  Repentia squad of (10)  Mistress and 9 Repentia for a total of 155 points.  I'll get a pic up of the primered Mistress before I start working on her.

OK, great to see the completion and the follow-up. WF was correct to point out that should be a legal unit so it should be led by a Mistress... The replacement Repentia is also welcome! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow for a full Sisters Repentia squad completed at 160 points. 8/3/16

gallery_53617_12047_17041.jpg

Going to be taking small vows until I run out of time in order to make sure I don't come up short. Wish me luck and get painting!

I, Dracpanzer, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Penitent Engine for Codex: Adepta Sororitas of total value of 80 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

gallery_53617_12047_921.jpg

Archived