+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Adepta Sororitas Strategium+++

I'm getting there! I'll have some pictures to post at some point tonight. If I'm lucky, after finishing my first vow, I could squeeze in a very small second one. But, that's a decision for when it happens...

So, calling my last Vow complete. 80 point Penitent Engine Completed 8/7/16.

My Sisters lost their last game against my sons Word Bearers but were able to claim an objective that let them unlock a Penitent Engine going forward in the campaign. I started it knowing it was an objective for our upcoming game. My Ebon Chalice Battle Sister Squad was able to charge and clear a unit of Daemons summoned onto the objective, then repel the Word Bearer assault to claim it in the final turn. It cost them nine of their number but the last Sister held on while my Retributors and Repentia accompanied by my Living Saint cleared the surrounding terrain of any threat.

With the fluff being that my Sisters army are all alone on the Shrine planet. It was left to the Sisters themselves to pick one of their number to take up position within the Penitent Engine so that its destructive power could be used to combat the Word Bearer invaders. The last survivor of that Ebon Chalice squad insisted that it be her, sacrificing herself for her fellow Sororitas and the Emperor.

med_gallery_53617_12047_92905.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_28510.jpg

med_gallery_53617_12047_13399.jpg

Still contemplating another vow, I will see what preliminary work I can get done (nothing is ready as a unit so whatever choice I make I will have cleaning and priming to do) and take a look at how much time I'll have for another vow. Maybe.

OK.  I'm calling this Vow complete...  2x 5 Dominions (4 meltas and VSS Combi Melta), Canoness, and 2x Ministorum Priests.  I've also got a bonus "out-of-competition" completion too... 5x Seraphim (2x Hand Flamers and VSS Power Sword).  I had them lying around half finished, so they went into the production line with the ETL Vow.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/bm_foster1/ETL%20V%20-%20WIP%20Pics/20160807_093942_zpsbh7imrnb.jpg

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/bm_foster1/ETL%20V%20-%20WIP%20Pics/20160807_094034_zpsowx7p6rv.jpg

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/bm_foster1/ETL%20V%20-%20WIP%20Pics/20160807_094213_zpse2vgua6m.jpg

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/bm_foster1/ETL%20V%20-%20WIP%20Pics/20160807_094529_zpsrppee5zu.jpg

I, Dracpanzer, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Sororitas command squad for Codex: Adepta Sororitas of total value of 190 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Wasn't really sure if I had a unit even close to being ready for painting in time for the Vow and then i realized that the lot of my old armies Sisters Superior would fill up most of a Sororitas Command Squad. The squad will have four Celestians with power weapons, a Sacred Banner and meltabombs. Not entirely sure how well a Command squad will do kitted out for close combat, but this army is all about using units I usually never would.

The squad will be getting repainted with the Celestians scheme spread out amongst the four Orders making up my force with the Sacred Banner bearer hailing from the Order of the Valorous Heart.

If I can get this unit done this week, I will still have a chance to work on another vow that will consist of a Canoness model. Maybe.

med_gallery_53617_12047_131842.jpg

@ KiwiBen: Wow, what a completion! :o These look fantastic man, the red armour is excellently done, and the gold details? I say! Well done sir! (nice touch with the purple btw)

@ dracpanzer: You have great momentum! Good luck in these final days! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Correct. The deadline is Aug 15 @ 17:00 GMT. I will be posting a "Doors Closed" post and after that any completions will not count. Make sure you have GMT time and don't confuse it with London time - GMT does not change from winter to summer time... ;)

I did it! Metal people done! After touching up and retouching up where I have had to handle the models and a few drops and breakages and reposings, the vow is finally complete!

28849494632_659070cc38.jpgWP_20160813_15_07_24_Pro by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

As a final word to this I'm going to say that, the quality, variety and just cool-ness of other people's submissions to this section have been a nice thing to look at. Even with a declining availability of models, there's been paint-jobs and fantastic conversions that have shown there's life in the gals still. DracPanzer's (always read it as Drpanzer) simple conversion of adding whips to a canoness to make a repentia mistress has made a obvious alternative to Hildegaarde (that's what I call her), the same with his repressors (his roses make me jealous). Mard's painting is fantastic and I'd say up to the quality of the store page models. ServantofDante's scheme has acheived in my opinion a nice contrast of robe and armour and the power sword is just great. I hope I haven't missed anyone but finally KiwiBen's, I've always been a fan of red and It looks great. The use of purple is a great red breaker and the lenses are nice and jewel-ly.

All in all I've been glad to partake in this challenge and you guys have made me realise there doesn't have to be some fantastic conversion that makes a thing super unique or some base that really marks out a model. So gee, thanks you guys.

I've had Squad Dominus done except for their names for 5 days. I had hoped to get their names down before posting, but choosing names has proved more troublesome than I had imagined. Anyway, even though my vow is incomplete, I am happy with what I have achieved here.

med_gallery_83651_11889_1112336.jpg
This second one is a bit washed out, but I wanted to be sure to show you the lettering on the Simulacrum Imperialis. I would like to eventually do 2 more, with the words Faith and Fire

med_gallery_83651_11889_925256.jpg

Calling my last vow complete. Wanted to get on to the Canoness before the end but I have a bit of gaming coming up and feel more like using my painted models today than painting more. I apologize. If my math is correct, I think I have painted 1160 points of Sisters of Battle for the ETL which I am incredibly excited about because I was struggling to get through the reboot project of my old 2ed/3ed Sisters army. I had painted a repressor and a Seraphim squad before the ETL and sadly didn't really know it was coming.

It was a great motivation for me to paint, and now I am very close to having the entire 1850 point army done. Just a few repressors and two Penitent Engines to go and they move into the "done" column. Thanks everyone for your comments and your own vows. Dorky as it might seem, it really motivated me to keep painting. Thanks all and cya for the next one!

Sororitas Command Squad completed 8-14-16

med_gallery_53617_12047_96188.jpg

Archived