+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

Do we have to do the bases for the models to be "complete"?

With the Mechanicus there are only two words you need to know for basing: Martian Ironearth. biggrin.png Anything after that is just bonus.

QFT. Martian Ironearth is the stuff of legends.

Great progress here!

I have to say Beardbattered, the green glow effect is really working for me! Congratulations man... I had a go to with the Magos dominos myself a while back... This is the result:

med_gallery_27176_11729_146246.jpg

med_gallery_27176_11729_92039.jpg

med_gallery_27176_11729_51898.jpg

med_gallery_27176_11729_115525.jpg

GO METALLICA!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Nice! The Dominus is just one of those models that BEGS you to paint it. So characterful. I love your take on the Metalica scheme, the pure clean white always looked strange to me. Your creamy off-white fits perfectly.

First vow completed:

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Passeltov/91A79EEC-C861-4D15-9DF5-A99ACC246B5E_zps6guvxyu0.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Passeltov/87F6F3F0-9CCA-46D9-847A-40EDBFC6F26E_zps9drqt49s.jpg

The reds and metallics are great, an excellent vow :tu: Do you have a second vow in the making?

Thanks. And of course I do. Vow three and four are also planned and purchased

I hereby pledge to complete the following before the end of the glorious ETL event.

- 30k mechanicum

1x tech priest auxilia (1 tech priest and 4 servo automata equipped with a servo arm) 85 points

- cult mechanicus

3x kataphron breachers 150

3x kataphron destroyers 165

- officio assassinorum

1x vindicare assassin 150

Total points:550 points

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Passeltov/E684EE2C-9E6E-4AF2-954C-68523AF2529A_zpsrozcfoji.jpg

Now back to painting

Congratulations Passeltov, those Robots look ace! But so is the case for the Magi, especially the Dominus with all the detail on his back! :tu:

Also great stuff for the the follow-up vow! The servo-automata look very promising indeed! But the Assassin is kind of problematic... WarriorFish got it right - that although they are part of the IFOR they are Agents - not AdMech... As such I think it'd be best to treat him as out-of-competition entry. ;) I have adjusted the total value excluding the Assassin. :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

That's unfortunate. But it's my fault for not carefully reading the rules ^^

But to quote the rules:

IMPORTANT NOTE: A new vow should only be made once the previous one is completed and not before! VOWS CANNOT BE ALTERED ONCE SUBMITTED!

Meaning I have to complete my whole vow, irrelevant if it is out of competition or not.

But I started working on my tech priest auxilia. Was way easier than I thought. Except for the automata with their little cables at the end. But I managed to only lose 3 during painting. (I know they must be somewhere, should ask my vacuum cleaner about their whereabouts)

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Passeltov/442DC0B8-BB53-4710-9513-94EF9AB64BA9_zpsi61jky2o.jpg

No need really - you may exclude the Assassin from the vow and carry on finishing the counting units. The o-o-c vows can run in parallel - not necessarily sequentially - with the counting vows! msn-wink.gif

Edit: The reason for this important note you're quoting is not so much to create obstacles in the smooth running of the event or prevent people from fine-tuning their vows but to prevent people from by-passing the "5 vows max" rule by adding significant amounts to their existing vows.

Guys I have to tell you, this is amazing quality stuff! 

@ Beardbattered: This turquoise seems to be an excellent colour! They look unique and, somehow, real. Green light effect also stands out! This just amazing!

@ Daismith: And talking of amazing, WHAT IS THIS?! This Atrapos leads the way! Man that's inspiring stuff! 

It's a pity we do not see more Mechanicum entries... Judging form the above, the potential of the Mechanicum is literally HUGE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I feel like Mechanicus probably lost a lot of steam after the initial release rush. These are awesome entries for the remaining magi, however! Quality over quantity, that's the way.

Archived