+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Glad to see more joining insmile.png.

Great work CoffeeGrunt and UltraRich, those are fantastic looking modellsthumbsup.gif.

@Coffee, may I ask what colour(s) you used to get that smooth sand like finish for the shoulder guards.

Here is the progress photo I said I would put up. Sorry for the photo quality. I try to finish the priest to the left tomorrow.

gallery_58880_7244_47638.jpg

@ CoffeeGrunt: A second vow! The Guard's second wave begins! Good luck! BTW I think the Sentinels were a moment of design genius from GW

@ our_baz: And reinforcements arrive! go, go, go! Good luck man! 

@ UltraRich: THIS. IS. TERRIFIC! I kid you not - this is just an amazing piece of art!!! Can't wait for Lord Castellan! 

@ Sviar: Great progress man. They look great - where are those minis from again? 

OK, so now it's Thursday and the new update will come out on Saturday! How many recruits can you muster until then? Clock is ticking! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Let's see some more progress shots comrades, here's mine after my scheduled work this evening:

gallery_30308_12009_9778.jpg

gallery_30308_12009_11672.jpg

That's the washing all but complete on the torso and head pieces - once finished I'll be working on the fibre optic lighting! Next opportunity for that will be Monday so fingers crossed that I'll have it all sorted then thumbsup.gif

@Ultrarich

Loving the work on Nork and looking forward to seeing how you handle Creed! 

@Sviar

The shoulder pads are just Screaming Skull over a white primer, Skull White, now OOP. :/

Looking forward to seeing your next update on the Priests btw!

@Semper

I do love the Sentinels myself, and they're incredibly posable so I can do fun stuff like crush that silly Gargoyle. :P

Creeds coming along. Ive gone for a more muted look to tie in with my existing force

Ive still got all the blacks to highlight

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_6491_zpslvn5cp2t.jpg

Vow 2 is complete 

Creed is ready to lead the troops

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_6507_zpswzykjv3a.jpg

As a hint at Vow 3 Im just waiting for these bits

So what could it be??

1 ea. TAU DEVILFISH PILOT
2 ea. DROP POD INTERNAL BLOCK
1 ea. IMPERIAL GUARD VALKYRIE PILOT ARMS
1 ea. STORMRAVEN SEAT
1 ea. ORK MEK GUN KANNON CONTROLS
1 ea. STORMFANG PILOT CHAIR BACK

Well done UltraRich! Creed definitely looks the part. This is not an easy mini (partly because I'm not a fan of the sculpt) but you seem to turn everything into a great display piece! 

As for what's coming next, your banning from B&C, that's what! :D 

I kid, I kid... :P I actually look forward to see what that weird combination of parts will amount to!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well done UltraRich! Creed definitely looks the part. This is not an easy mini (partly because I'm not a fan of the sculpt) but you seem to turn everything into a great display piece!

As for what's coming next, your banning from B&C, that's what! biggrin.png

I kid, I kid... tongue.png I actually look forward to see what that weird combination of parts will amount to!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Good point

I only want the Tau for his torso and legs.

What Im making is going in this make or break vow

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_6510_zpsfcpa9z40.jpg

Anyone who saw my valkerie last year knows how slow I paint vehicles... if you add in Im building a whole interior for this and magnitising the carapace then its going to be a long build

So for vow 3 I pledge 1 Knight Paladin from Codex: Imperial Knights of total value 375pts complete with interior (surely there are bonus points there somewhere? ;) )

Think I'll be sitting down today and getting the Aegis Line finished after filming. Got most of the basecoats down on it, so it's just a case of detail, weathering and other such stuff. :)

Then the Sentinels to follow. Gunna chip away at it all bit-by-bit, got my next vow lined up, and it's a touch larger than this one. Still just don't have the materiel for any massive vows, though.

Good progress! I don't go too fancy on my skin, just a layer and a wash works for me smile.png

After some experimentation on colouring the optics I've decided to go for a "proper" solution and I've ordered some coloured plastic to work as filters. They're ones for lighting and such so as a thicker gel should be enough to provide enough colouring and oddly only about 70p more expensive than standard coloured acetate. Thanks, Amazon! tongue.png So with that instead I will be focusing on preparing and painting other parts of the model today.

I didn't stop experimenting though, and have discovered that the fibre optics melt very easily. Or, maybe that's because the lighter I tested with is more like a flamer? Probably, but now I know that it should be pretty simple to gently merge the combined optics. Though on reflection they seem to need no help with brightness, so it might just be a case of trying to make them look like one light, rather than four.

Trade Prince Zac's Frigate the Jabberwockey  :  "Sire, a message from Lord Semper." the messenger reported as he delivered the data slate to the Prince.  "Well well, The ETL." he said amused.  "Reply we shall send Sir Ramses Pendragon in his Knight Errant and make sure the tech priests install the Thunderstrike Gauntlet and the icarus autocannons on top.  Oh and make sure the shoulder weapon is a melta.  I love meltas." he ordered.  "As you wish sire."
the messenger ran off to the subspace vox to relay the message as Zac stared into the open space.  "Sir Pendragon should love this opportunity to get back in the saddle." he thought to himself

Codex Imperial Knights
1 X Imperial Knight Errant    370pts
w/ Thunderstrike Gauntlet        10pts
w/ Twin linked Icarus autocannon   35 pts

w/ Meltagun                                       5pts

Total                                           420pts

http://img10.deviantart.net/8882/i/2016/151/f/e/knight_warden_wip_by_63mh8-da4ftvr.jpg

Archived