+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

- Has Prince Zac responded to our call Javert? Captain Semper's voice was low but with a tone of anticipation.

- He has, 10th Master. Interrogator Chaplain Javert was quick to answer.

- And?

- He's sending Sir Ramses Pendragon. With his Warden Knight I believe.

- I see. Good... good... Captain Semper smiled and sat deep in his command throne in the Lion's Wrath Strategium.

Good to have you back CommissarZac and look forward to see that Knight done! Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I dunno Sir WarriorFish. You already have a huge lead on me. LOL But it does feel good to be back.

Considering I've had the model well over a year and have literally just finished priming it I think the lead time may be deceptive tongue.png Oh well, nothing like the ETL to motivate you right? laugh.png

I've added purity seals and some scrolls, which reminds me that I should do a little more on the background and see if I can get that posted before I complete the model. Keep up the good work comrades, don't forget I want to see lots of progress pictures thumbsup.gif

Last but far from least; time is running out for new recruits! Remember you only need to make your first vow within this period, once you do you're in for the duration of the ETL whether you only complete the one vow or move on to make more biggrin.png

I vow to complete two (2) Chimera tanks and one (1) Taurox transport vehicle. It may take me a while. 

UltraRich, those skin tones are amazing. I certainly have a lot to learn. 

Looks like I'm late to the party. I anticipate heavy conversions, and will likely go with an urban scheme of Vallejo model air USAF dark grey.  I will work more with gradients/blending on the airbrush.

I also vow to prime my models this time. I'm going to really try and put effort into better weathering--hairspray technique for chipping effects and some Secret Weapon weathering powders to start. I finally picked up some Pledge Floor care as an economical way to gloss coat my models as I go through the process. (so I'll finally remember to do a gloss coat before microsol/set & decals...). 

5.30.16 misc 217

5.30.16 misc 215

5.30.16 misc 071

Fantastic conversion Caine! I'm eager to see it painted up now biggrin.png If you're before the deadline that means you're not late, just timely reinforcements msn-wink.gif Don't forget you'll need the WIP shot of your Taurox and an upgrade/points list for both to make your vow official. Welcome aboard smile.png

Ah yes, thank you WarriorFish. Ok for my vow of two chimeras and one taurox it'll be starting at 180 points and totaling 220 with two dozer blades and extra armor for all three. 

The Taurox has been a real pain, but it's been the most fun I've had in the hobby in a long time. At every juncture I realize there was a better way to do what I spent days on. So this one will take me some time before it's ready for painting. I've got a lot of sanding and layering of squadron putty to do, both on the inside and outside. 

5.30.16 misc 182

5.30.16 misc 184

5.30.16 misc 185

@CommissarZac : a T-Rex Knight ?

No no hehe.  That is for my SM company the Carnasaurs.  A sub chapter of Salamanders cut off from the imperium on a jungle world where they trained the local beasts into mounts and weapons.

The bridge of the Jabberwockey  :  "Sire a request from Sir Pendragon." the messenger relayed over the Holovid.  "What is it?" the Trade Prince said in a sigh.  "He requests we swap out the Avenger Gatling Cannon for the Thermal Cannon."  Zac toyed with the idea in his head.  On the one hand the gatling cannon was second only to his Punisher cannons on his Leman Russes.  But Sir Pendragon had such a way with his almost surgical shots of the thermal cannon.  "Very well, make the change but inform Lord Semper we are sending a Knight Errant instead.  I will not be made a fool in his presence because we sent him something I did not promise."  Zac commanded.  "At once Sire."  the messenger saluted before blinking out.

Adjusted points for swapping Knight warden with Knight errant with same add ons.   = 420pts

I vow to complete two (2) Chimera tanks and one (1) Taurox transport vehicle. It may take me a while. 

UltraRich, those skin tones are amazing. I certainly have a lot to learn. 

Looks like I'm late to the party. I anticipate heavy conversions, and will likely go with an urban scheme of Vallejo model air USAF dark grey.  I will work more with gradients/blending on the airbrush.

I also vow to prime my models this time. I'm going to really try and put effort into better weathering--hairspray technique for chipping effects and some Secret Weapon weathering powders to start. I finally picked up some Pledge Floor care as an economical way to gloss coat my models as I go through the process. (so I'll finally remember to do a gloss coat before microsol/set & decals...). 

Welcome CaptainCaine24thFoot! Your vow is registered - good luck with those vehicles! 

The bridge of the Jabberwockey  :  "Sire a request from Sir Pendragon." the messenger relayed over the Holovid.  "What is it?" the Trade Prince said in a sigh.  "He requests we swap out the Avenger Gatling Cannon for the Thermal Cannon."  Zac toyed with the idea in his head.  On the one hand the gatling cannon was second only to his Punisher cannons on his Leman Russes.  But Sir Pendragon had such a way with his almost surgical shots of the thermal cannon.  "Very well, make the change but inform Lord Semper we are sending a Knight Errant instead.  I will not be made a fool in his presence because we sent him something I did not promise."  Zac commanded.  "At once Sire."  the messenger saluted before blinking out.

Adjusted points for swapping Knight warden with Knight errant with same add ons.   = 420pts

I adjusted the price in the first page - can you edit your original vow to reflect that? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Really loving that up-armoured Chimera and Taurox, excellent plasticard work.

Sadly I have brought dishonour, as I didn't get any painting done this week. Kill Team has become very popular locally and I've been really enjoying playing it, so my Chem Dogs were brought out of cold storage and I started assembling new members for the team.

I'll aim for end of this week to finish my vow. ;)

On board the Jabberwocky:  "How goes the preparation of Sir Pendragon's Errant Knight?" the Trade Prince inquired.   "Fresh paint has begun being applied.  Estimated time to completion *Whir, click* 2 days 22 hours 37 minutes and 6 seconds."  The head Tech Priest in charge of his forces arms and equipment reported.  "Good, see that she shines brightly.  I want it's machine spirit to be the envy of the battlefield."  he ordered.  "Affirmative Prince Zac." the priest replied

http://img08.deviantart.net/b353/i/2016/153/1/7/knight_errant_by_63mh8-da4osx4.jpg 

I Ldorte rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 x Heavy Quad Launcher Batteries from Imperial Armour Volume One - Second Edition of total value 100pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

A small vow to start as I am waiting on stuff to arrive, will post my before pic up tomorrow sometime.

ETL V Vow 1

Great to see you joining in Ldorte, I look forward to seeing your vow progress biggrin.png

Speaking of progressing, my filters arrived sooner than expected and I gave them a quick test:

gallery_30308_12009_1156.jpg

Pretty good I'd say! Cutting and fitting them might be a little interesting but they will also offer some colouring when the lights are off so all will be worth it in the end smile.png

http://img08.deviantart.net/b353/i/2016/153/1/7/knight_errant_by_63mh8-da4osx4.jpg

I like the colors chosen for the Knight. Are the seaplanes misplaced, or will you use them to kitbash a reconnaissance drone for one of your armies?

no no the sea planes are part of a USS Iowa model I am working on as well.  However I like the idea of reconnaissance drones.  I may have to come up with something.

Some very nice things are incoming in this thread... Looking forward to seeing more progress on those projects!

My inquisitor is not coming along, he just wont turn out right. It's as if the model is actively resisting against me painting it. I suspect priming him white instead of black as i usually do kind of screws with my perception of the colours on the model, it's giving me the creeps. Before i fall totally into the hobby-blues, i guess he will get a good stripping bath an a fesh start. Finishing him will therefor be postponed for an indefinite time... Which on the bright side now leaves me free to do a vow for the ETL!

I, TimmiABC rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Militarum Tempestus Command Squad (w/ 4 Meltaguns, Tempestor Prime w/ Plasma Pistol and Powerfist) and one Militarum Tempestus Squad (7Scions w/ 2 Plasma Guns, Tempestor w/ Plasma Pistol) from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value 304 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the 1st Vidarian, the "Hammerheads", and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

WIP shot:

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/ferrus-x/ETL%20Scions%20WIP%201_zps7uhz7vcj.jpg

Let's do this!

Archived