+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

@ WarriorFish: Man, those LED's are amazing but do not detract from the job you've done on the Knight itself! In the best traditions of the ETL - bravo!!!

@ March10k: Congrats brother - a great completion and an second vow to boot! Look forward to see how these Tauroxes (sp?) turn out!

@ RADU LYKAN: Thats an impressive piece of hardware mate! I assume the undercoat is black but in the picture it comes across as night blue or something. Which actually would be a great overall colour if you were to go down this way! biggrin.png

@ CoffeGrunt: Well, the Aegis have a lot of work - some people downplay it because they've never done it! Looks awesome and I'm always glad to see scenery coming to life! Also glad that the gemstone paints work well, haven't used them myself yet - so it's good to get some feedback on them!

Well done guys, it seems the 100% completion rate is well within your grasp!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ WarriorFish: Man, those LED's are amazing but do not detract from the job you've done on the Knight itself! In the best traditions of the ETL - bravo!!!

They're fibre optics msn-wink.gif I have another addition to make later, just need to source the bits - I'm intending for her to be my best model yet! biggrin.png

I'm liking the progress I'm seeing, the Aegis looks great. Keep the updates coming comrades! :tu:

Well, here goes nothing. First Vow, first pictures uploaded...wish me luck.

I Valdr Fell-fist rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete a unit of Tempestus Scio each 10 men including two meltaguns- from Codex Militarum Tempestus for a total points value of 150 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Royal Volpone Tenth Brigade and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edited: put down the wrong regiment. Damn multitasking!

You can do a tiny first pledge now, you've got until Saturday. If you complete the first pledge, you can opt to repledge whenever you want. All that matters is that the first one gets in before the deadline.

What is the deadline for pledges?  I am trying to figure out what to pledge, not sure how much free time I will have... so it might end up being a tiny pledge.

The deadline for your first pledge is on June 15th @ 17:00 GMT. The event lasts until August 15th @ 17:00 GMT, so you have until then to complete it. However if you complete it earlier you may revow and you can do so up to five times in total (including your first vow). Just remember that you cannot alter a vow once you make it (unless it's fine tuning) and that you need to complete your vow to move on to the next one - you cannot have two vows running at the same time.

Captain semipermanent (lol auto correct) it is dark blue,(pics make it a bit black for some reason) my hellainian regiments will have dark blue armour with white cloth, if I can get around to them :)

Not even permanent! :lol: what's the background of the hellainians?

Well, here goes nothing. First Vow, first pictures uploaded...wish me luck.

I Valdr Fell-fist rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete a unit of Tempestus Scio each 10 men including two meltaguns- from Codex Militarum Tempestus for a total points value of 150 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the 24th Harakoni Warhawks and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Good luck Valdr! I will update the first age soon. :)

It may appear to the untrained eye that my progress is minimal and that my pace has fallen off...but don't be fooled! In fact, my progress is minimal and my pace has fallen off:

gallery_13203_9402_244299.jpg

I hope to at least complete the headlights, the other missile rack, and the decorative armor plates on the cab tomorrow...that'll leave highlighting the rear, the brush guard, the autocannons, and the wheelkit...perhaps some other bit I've forgotten.

/edit/ Oh, yeah...and then the second truck! tongue.png

Hi everyone,

My first vow in an ETL - I pledge to complete a Leman Russ Punisher w/ Plasma Cannon sponsons, lascannon hull mount (180 pts) and Valkyrie with heavy bolters, lascannon, and MRPs (165 pts) for a total of 345 pts.

Edit: also, are proxies allowed/count toward the total? I saw some ogryn proxies so I'm guessing so. I have a TON of Victoria miniatures infantry for my IG army that I'll be painting up and it would be great to have them count toward this.

IMG 0764

Welcome Nikhil83, to ETL V! 

I don't exactly know what you mean by "proxies". If you mean using models from other manufacturers then that's fine provided they reasonably represent the units you intend to do. 

If you mean scartchbuilds from soda cans then no. :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Welcome aboard Nikhil! biggrin.png Victoria's models are not only allowed but encouraged, we know them well here in the barracks so there will be a lot of people interested in your work smile.png

Remember that all progress is good progress, keep us updated on your work comrades thumbsup.gif

Well....had a bit of a sprint session this morning, the driver's side is finished, as is the missile rack. I still need to make the passenger side match (it looks as above, no progress there), detail the back, paint and install the brush guard, and do the wheel kit.

med_gallery_13203_9402_128783.jpg

med_gallery_13203_9402_229412.jpg

It's only a small step forward, but a little progress is better than no progress at all: The metal stromtroopers hace received kneepads and the plastic ones are upgraded to full carapace armour. Both done in with GS. Once that is cured, i can move on to the painting stage!

Progress shot (although you can't see that much):

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/ferrus-x/ETL%20Scions%20WIP%202_zpszijfpccy.jpg

Now I really wish I had my mordians with me and my paints

Alas my regiment is travelling through the warp from the southern hemisphere to the Northern and my situation is such that replacing $300+ of paints is not viable at this point

Keep up the good effort all!

Update Almost done just gotta add the decals and finishing touches

http://orig07.deviantart.net/3ca7/f/2016/160/6/f/knight_errant_wip_by_63mh8-da5ka7c.jpg

and a question:

http://orig09.deviantart.net/5b45/f/2016/160/6/5/counts_as_40k_priest_by_63mh8-da5kadq.jpg  Would this be an acceptable stand in for a priest as my next vow?

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

ONE WEEK REMAINS TO JOIN IN!

ON JUNE 15TH THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

Disavowed son of a rogue trader's first mate!!!!

With only three pieces (two ladders and an autocannon) left to paint on the truck, I turned my attention to the wheel kit. Strangely, the kit comes with six wishbones for the front suspension, when only four are used...four of one size and two of another. Naturally, the one I lost is one of the size that doesn't come with two unexplained extras...so that's going to require some fudging. Even worse, the rear is going to require a rod through the transaxle/transfer case to each wheel, because the axle pieces (aka halfshafts, if you're a car guy) supplied are too short, the wheels would rub against the hull if the shafts make contact with the transfer case. I believe that one review on Victoria's site said "a bit fiddly." Hah! This is well within my modeling abilities, but well short of my expectations. It's still the best alternative to GW's hideous tracks, but pretty poorly sculpted in terms of fit and finish (not to mention flash that's worse than early FW kits, if that can be imagined!). 10/10 for aesthetics, 4/10 for quality.

Well...off to install the rear wheels...~grumble~

/edit/ Here it is, with the rod installed:

med_gallery_13203_9402_130853.jpg

There are little dots on the underside of the vehicle that seem to indicate where you're supposed to spot the suspension (the metalic piece between the red piece and the hull, in the pic), but if you put it there, you have the obvious gap between the axle and the gearbox. If you position things so the axle touches the gearbox, the wheel almost can't avoid touching the hull! It would have been better for Victoria to make the axles too long...it's easier to trim them than to make them longer! Perhaps someday I'll be inspired to greenstuff the rod and make the repair invisible...but it is on the underside, lol!

Archived