+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

The amount of progress is breathtaking! I have the feeling that all those vows will be completed in sync leading to a huge jump in the IFOR score! :lol:

@ CommissarZac: congratulations on completing your vow and for the follow-up! I have to be frank, not a big fan of the Priest mini - too Manga-looking to fit in with 40k aesthetics, but that's just personal taste. Go ahead!

@ March10k: This was quite a project! And please keep posting as many pics as you like - more so if they provide you with motivation! :tu:

@ nismogrendel: Welcome to the ETL! Don't forget to edit your "before" pic in you original vow post when you get it!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The amount of progress is breathtaking! I have the feeling that all those vows will be completed in sync leading to a huge jump in the IFOR score! laugh.png

@ CommissarZac: congratulations on completing your vow and for the follow-up! I have to be frank, not a big fan of the Priest mini - too Manga-looking to fit in with 40k aesthetics, but that's just personal taste. Go ahead!

@ March10k: This was quite a project! And please keep posting as many pics as you like - more so if they provide you with motivation! thumbsup.gif

@ nismogrendel: Welcome to the ETL! Don't forget to edit your "before" pic in you original vow post when you get it!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I edited my vow post to include a WIP picture. I'm having to strip paint off the Sgt, it was a test model that had some basecoats on it. It is being a pain, all night in acetone and the paint is still hard to remove. I have it sitting in LA awesome cleaner now. I'm going to start on the rest of the squad and come back to finish cleaning the Sgt later.

My vow is completesmile.png. You'll find the finished photos in my initial post. I'll soon make a socond vow.

I haven't been here for a while, and in my absence there has been many fantastic vows and progresses, awesome work everybodythumbsup.gif.

@Ultra Rich That is a fantastic Creed, looking forward to seeing your knight.

@Commissar Zac That is a great knight with a striking colour scheme, it looks really good.

@March 10K Great looking Scions squad with the transport. I like the Japanese markings on them, a really cool idea. The Karskin modells looks great, I sadly sold mine for like 8 years ago, that was a misstake.

@Rady Lykan Great work I like the camo and the perfekt shading of the skin and clothes.

@WarriorFish Great progress on the knight, I really like what I have seen so far. I am curious where you are going to fit the filters on the knight. My only guess would be the eyes?

@Our_baz Very nice red scheme on the coats. They look great. Looking forward to seeing the finished photo. What colour did you use on the shoulder guard, it is not anything I've seen before(I think)? Is it gold mixed with silver or is it gold drybrushed on a silver coating? And with a brown shade?

@CoffeeGrunt I like the dessert camo, and the deamon being stomped by one of the Sentinels. Looking forward to seeing the finished photo.

If I missed anyone, sorry, I have not sleppt for the longest time, sporadic hours here and there.

The Sentinels near completion. Just the bases and a few tweaks left! :)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/Guevesa%20Guard%20WIP/WP_20160611_23_04_49_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/Guevesa%20Guard%20WIP/WP_20160611_23_04_59_Pro.jpg

The little gribbly is a homage to a regular Tyranid player who I had some big apocalypse games with for fun. He has a few Guardsmen in my scheme getting torn apart by bugs, so I returned fire by building Stompy here. :P

Her coral colored feet length ponytail nearly swept the deck of the Jabberwocky with every step before she knelt before Trade Prince Zac.  "You summoned me Master."  She said as her eyes stared at the deck plating.  "Indeed, Angelique.  I want you to represent me along with Sir Pendragon in the annual ETL.  I want you to stir their troops to such a fever pitch that orks will take pause before a charge."  She salutes the sign of the Aquila "In his name I will bring you glory Master."  "Excellent, See yourself to the shuttle bay."  he ordered as the Religious zealot exited the bridge.  "You there, send a sub space message informing Lord Semper of her arrival."  he barked  "Right away Sire"  the messenger replied.

I declare this vow complete

http://img15.deviantart.net/bcfc/i/2016/163/3/f/angelique_seraphamis_by_63mh8-da61riv.jpg

Hoping to get the base metallics done today between my other tasks, doing one leg at a time which seemed like a great idea until I realised I needed to leave it safe to dry without touching anything... so I came up with a quick solution:

gallery_30308_12009_40489.jpg

The Guard doing what it always does and holding up the other forces of the Imperium... msn-wink.gif

My vow is complete:).

@Our_baz Very nice red scheme on the coats. They look great. Looking forward to seeing the finished photo. What colour did you use on the shoulder guard, it is not anything I've seen before(I think)? Is it gold mixed with silver or is it gold drybrushed on a silver coating? And with a brown shade?

Thanks @sviar. Scheme is nothing fancy. Ironbreaker base, agrax wash, old mithril silver top coat job done.

The legs are mostly done, so not bad progress for today albeit not as much as planned. Lights look good in the fading light too:

gallery_30308_12009_47520.jpg

I need to decide how I'm doing the back/underside of things like the shin plate and shoulder pads - not something you think of when devising a colour scheme laugh.png Finally starting to see her come together bit by bit smile.png Keep up the progress comrades, and keep the updates coming! thumbsup.gif

It is time for a second vow. I Sviar vow an Aegis Defence Line with a Quadgun. I don't have the latest rulebook but I belive it is 100 points, my excellent brother and sisters in arms will no doubt correct me if I am wrong.

The starting picture:

med_gallery_58880_7244_15014.jpg

Finished:

med_gallery_58880_8103_26660.jpg

The Guard doing what it always does and holding up the other forces of the Imperium... msn-wink.gif

In more ways than onebiggrin.pngbiggrin.png. By the way that Marine looks rather cocky in the knights shadowbiggrin.png msn-wink.gif.

@Commissar Zac Great job on the priest, using the same striking colours as your knight, it looks very good.

@Coffeegrunt The Sentinels looks great. Eagerly awaiting your tweaks.

@Nismogrendel Good to se that you are on the way. By the way just like yours and Our_baz, my Scions are red too, probably a Guard thing?

The Marine fell out of storage and I haven't put him back yet, but he's enjoying chilling out and making poses for the camera :P I'm liking the new vow, fortifications are different but also very Guard and of course the more update pictures the better :D

Once again Sunday will likely be my hobby day this week, but I should get more time than yesterday at least :) Let's maintain the effort and keep progress reported to the commissariat in a timely manner ;)

I P3AKHOUR rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Priest w/ plasma gun to the value of 40pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Just a tiny starting vow to get me in the door, uni has smashed me lately but I'm on holidays  now so im looking forward to some painting time.  I hope to have my Priest done by end of next week.

I've been monitoring this thread closely and I'm so keen to get in on this. Amazing work bros. 

Preist

Commanders of the Imperial Guard,

I am sorry for being so terribly late, but I have finally found some time to devote to assisting in this endeavor. As my pledge, I will add one Leman Russ Battle Tank, two Wyverns, a Master of Ordnance, and a Company Command Squad.

Here are the first three elements prior to being primed.

http://i.imgur.com/dg6akTa.jpg

Once I can get the CCS assembled and primed, I shall post a pre-paint picture for that part of my pledge.

Archived