+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Great progress there! Things are shaping up! 

So it's Friday already! I'll try to get the update early on Saturday because I'll have a busy weekend (Saturday is the proper day anyway) so I'll be looking here maybe another time today, but then that's it for this week! So if you want your vow to boost this week's stats, now is the time! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Damn that's a lovely load of tanks, especially love the little stowage pieces, track guards etc. They'll look fantastic when they're done! :)

My progress has been...slow, lots of stuff getting in the way. However, I'm steadily plugging through it, and this weekend looks less busy than the last one, so I should be good to go for putting a dent in them:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/Guevesa%20Guard%20WIP/WP_20160707_22_59_11_Pro.jpg

Progress shot incoming:

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/ferrus-x/ETL%20Scions%20WIP%204_zpsgc6vgcli.jpg

Base colours on the scion command squad are done, now begins the detail work and then basing to finish the first group.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Since I'm remembering to update topics I shouldn't be remiss in my duty of sharing progress:

gallery_30308_12009_7306.jpg

There's still a few things outstanding (not least the base) but all should be done neatly with the month or so remaining smile.png Keep up the good work comrades and don't forget to update the war council with progress pictures biggrin.png

So I want to poll the audience. I am getting ready to paint all of my tanks. I plan on using adminstritum grey from GW as my base color. Do I go with the standard Steel Legion camo or do I do a three color camo. Standard Steel legion camo is just stripes of ogryn camo over the grey. The three color I was thinking of would be the grey the ogryn camo and them steel legion drab. I figure with the fluff this will work as Armageddon is just cities and desert. That ties my scheme to the planet. I also thought of just doing an off world color scheme I'm not sure. Any ideas? Up for suggestions before I lay the color down.

Vow complete

priest3

Father Sherzai is looking a bit duller than I'd have liked.  I may have used too much matte varnish.  One day I might re-highlight him to add some pop, but right now I'm at the stage where I know if I touch it any more I'll end up wrecking it.

priest2

priest1

Onwards to my next vow.  I, P3AKHOUR, pledge one Leman Russ Demolisher with Dozer Blade, 175 pts.  I'm I've wanted to put one of these extended hull Russes together for ages and I'm really looking forward to painting armour again.

demo3

demo1

demo 2

I have to apologize, I took some progress picture but for some reason I did not post them, and now I'm nearly finished. What I have left is another coat of red, a couple of washes, highligting, radios and wires, touch ups and basing. So I'll be done by the end of the week. Probably my last vow due to real life interference.

I Sviar vow 5 Stormtroppers(Scions) with 1 grenade launcher and 1 flamer, that is a total of 95 points I believe.

...80 points, sorry to say.

Thanks for catching that, seems I lookad at the Scion command list. Low cost units may not benfit us in ETL, but it sure does at the gaming tabledevil.gif.

The Guard community has done a fantastic job, keep it upthumbsup.gif.

Excellent stuff P3AKHOUR - great tank there too! That gear art the front is awesomeness incarnate!

The Guard is fighting an uphill battle but is doing quite well (unsurprisingly). :D Keep going guys!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain Caine is still in this fight and has no intention of going quietly!
Well, I got the first chimera primed anyway. The first Chimera has side skirts based off the old forgeworld design. But, as I built it I was looking at a lot of historical tanks online (panzer iv in particular) and realized I could do better. To save time I built a simple rail on the side of the second chimera with which I can slide on my new side armor design. I also found some diamond plate styrene sheet, which looks ok, but I'm not thrilled (we'll see how it looks painted). Still wondering what to do with the front end, I saw a video of adding sandbags to Sherman Tanks with 'magic sculpt' on YouTube. I recalled Verlinden made some aftermarket resign sand bag details for Shermans, (see ebay for inspiration) but figured I'd try my hand at magic sculpt. More practice could help a lot. I may start a WIP thread at this point, I've taken a lot of notes on the learning process thus far. 

IMAG0879

IMAG0868

IMAG0875

IMAG0876

Shot of the finished Command Squad and Priest. Hoping to crack out the airbrush tonight and get the Ghostdog finished within the next week:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/4th%20Tarosian%20Regiment/WP_20160713_22_40_19_Pro.jpg

What's the deadline for the event again? :)

Archived