+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

I am delighted to announce my vow is complete. Final Vet squad is complete.

gallery_72518_9307_43385.jpg

Lets keep pushing comrades, lets see how close to 100% we can get!

Been great fun again this year. Always good to see all the high quality IG models being completed by the barracks. Big thanks to Capt Semper for all his hard work behind the scenes again.

Fantastic work baz, another completion for us! biggrin.png I've been painting away today and I've made good progress, the base is about done and I'm finishing a few extra bits. I'll get my vow finished tomorrow no problem smile.png Any more comrades joining us for final completions before the deadline?

edit: here's the base :)

gallery_30308_12009_860.jpg

You heard the Captain, get painting you dogs there's too many first vows left unfinished! You can rest when you're dead!

I'm going over the top, my vow will be completed today - any comrades seeking glory are welcome to follow me. Those who fail in their duty will find the commissariat most displeased upon our victorious return... it might be time to get the swagger stick out again msn-wink.gif

And Im done... almost... but done as far as the ETL is concerned! 

Ive still got the pilot, base characters and some bits of chipping and weathering to fix (I may get some pics up in the next two days) but for the ETL the model is done

Please take this as vow complete.

and now for my 4th vow..... just kidding ;)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_7045_zpsnzv13sxs.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_7047_zpsiwak0nc1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_7051_zpsx5brggnc.jpg

That's ok, I too have further plans for my Knight post ETL :) An excellent model Rich, worthy of the long and noble traditions of the Guard ETLs! The yellow and green are very smooth and of course the weathering and details really make the model pop along with the fancy base. Well done indeed, it will dominate the table in more than one way!

I'll just need to make sure there's as many posts between my Knight and yours as possible when I complete... maybe a new page if I'm lucky? laugh.png Keep the vows coming comrades! thumbsup.gif

Here we go, unfortunately close to Rich's Knight but I hereby declare my ETL vow complete! laugh.png

gallery_30308_12009_150367.jpg

All magnetised and with fibre optics she's the best thing I've ever done biggrin.png That's the true worth of the ETL! I've bunged extra pictures in my AdMech WIP where you can see all the details smile.png

Now all that remains is to see who else comes in through the door before the deadline, hopefully I'm not the last! thumbsup.gif Keep pushing to victory comrades!

Good work WF on the Knight

To start with it all looks like big siver areas but once you start there is loads of detail on it. 

Nice mix of colours. It would tie straight into my UM force ;)

As light fades - and for once it's not ruining my painting plans - I got a nice lighting shot:

gallery_30308_12009_1767.jpg

With this, my ETL is finally over smile.png Well, aside from annoying people into completing that is laugh.pngmsn-wink.gif

Really wish i had done something like this with my knight, it really tops off the excellent paint job you've done.

Did you find it challenging to do the lights?

Thanks Ldorte thumbsup.gif It was a challenge yes, especially as I'd never done anything like it before and only knew the basics behind electronics and that. I managed to get it all going well in the end, now I can look back I think it was mostly down to getting the right bits (even if I didn't quite know what they were when I started) and then the patience to do it all properly. A Knight surely warrants such effort though and the ETL is all about pushing yourself and your hobby - and what better way than to do lots of new things? laugh.png

We've had a bit of an uphill ETL this year, but the results are as good as ever - maybe even more so. The Guard Veteran Company is full of talent! :D

IMAG0937

I'm declaring my vow of two chimeras and one Taurox with two dozer blades and extra armor for all three (220 pts) complete. The RPG cage/slat armor took me a while. 

IMAG0888

IMAG0936

IMAG0931

IMAG0930

I had mixed results with the hairspray technique on the side skirts. I was happy with the wooden boards I made out of styrene. It really was just a matter of scoring the surface with a hobby knife, and making lighter grooves with a hobby saw. 

IMAG0929

I declare the vow of one squad of Scions with Meltaguns complete. The pic is awful quality, I will take a better one tomorrow. Can't see any of the meltagun purple shade at all :( I may touch up the sword if I have time, I didn't get to do a nice fade and highlight on it yet. Not sure how much free time I will have tomorrow before deadline for touch ups.

gallery_85038_12140_614471.jpg

Archived