+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Well, looks like I'll have to build a new trophy cabinet for the commissariat's office at this rate... The honour of the first completion is ours! :D

As predicted our craven foes were too busy gas bagging like the old women they are, leaving His Guard to get on with the real work. Just like in the lore ;)

Special bonus, comrades:

It's okay the guard can take first blood we all know the guard are the first to start crying when a real incursion begins tongue.png

Looks like we've got some more tears for our collection msn-wink.gif I'll just put these in the "Extra Salty" jar... laugh.png

The first completion made ripples throughout the ETL

But guys, you need to step up the recruitment because numbers will soon start to tell... You're the Guard, you understand the value of high troop concentrations. 

Expect a vow incoming from me in the next one or two weeks, i've got some 20 scions plus a command squad to paint and the challenge will certainly boost my motivation for that. But i want to finish my inquisitor first, or else i'm afraid he will never get done. To bad that vowing outside of the AM is not possible (not really complaining, it does make sense). To everyone who is already working: Keep up the good work, comrades!

My vow's coming along nicely, did a bit of painting last night, just nothing worthy of a picture update. Saving that for when they're done. :)

Got Vow 2 set aside, and Vow 3 pencilled in. Small vows, mind. I doubt I'll reach 1K in total.

I started with two vows, and increased by one each year. I was hoping to complete that pattern and get the full five this time but I don't have the models or time. Perhaps next year with a new codex... I'll just have to settle for a 100% completion rate this year ;)

Completions are what we're after. That 100% is there for those who truly want it!

100% is the way to go. That is a target worthy of the Astra Mil... Imperial Guard ;)

This is what I've painted so far... Hardly nothing, one Ogryn got its base colors, need washes and highlights. The two others will wait til I replenish black paint for their base coat. The Guard may be running low of ammos, it keeps fighting ! ;)

med_gallery_87558_12023_316663.jpeg

It's a slow start, and we're suffering from a lack of new toys but the Guard knows well that the tortoise wins the race msn-wink.gif I had a good night, and now I've slept in to recover somewhat I am ready to start work! biggrin.png

The commissariat requests demands that you take good care of yourselves, healthy troopers are productive troopers msn-wink.gif Take your time and do a good job, just like the sterling work I'm seeing so far thumbsup.gif

It's a slow start, and we're suffering from a lack of new toys but the Guard knows well that the tortoise wins the race msn-wink.gif I had a good night, and now I've slept in to recover somewhat I am ready to start work! biggrin.png

The commissariat requests demands that you take good care of yourselves, healthy troopers are productive troopers msn-wink.gif Take your time and do a good job, just like the sterling work I'm seeing so far thumbsup.gif

You are raising a valid point here. I think the Guard needs some attention from GW - and possibly will receive some soon? Don't know... But I look forward for the big tanks to arrive! :devil:

Much have happened since I last logged ineek.gif.

First off, that is a really good looking Sentinel HLVWthumbsup.gif, great job!!

I have had a rough start because my paints that I intended to use were all dried up. So I had to change the colour scheme somewhat. The other paints aren't in good shape either. At the moment I am trying to change job and appartment, so I have had an hour this week for my small vow, so hopefully I'll be done in a couple of weeks. Anyway aren't we really shooting for 100% completion?

Here's my progress report for the day:

gallery_30308_12009_31490.jpg

It might not seem much in a partially primed model with only part of that painted in a single colour but it has taken some time to get to this stage! I should be able to finish the basic metals on the torso and head tomorrow leaving me free to experiment sorting the lighting. This may take a while, but I'll need some time to sort/source the colours I need for the scheme. Keep up the good work comrades! thumbsup.gif

Archived