+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

A few of us have been put down as IFOR GK in the thread, isn't that for Grey Knights? smile.png

Ah well. I think the Guard had a two-fold problem where one, we haven't had a release of anything in a while, and two, a lot of us went big on last year's ETL and thus expended a lot of our forces painting then. I know I did personally, and I've been selling off the remainder of my Guard collection this past year as well.

I'm hoping we see a new Guard Codex sometime soon, might even get me playing 40K again.

A new IG codex will go a long way, it is creaking a bit. With no new codex (and of course tasty new model kits you would hope!) that does limit your options somewhat. No-one should buy models just to paint in the ETL, the idea is to paint what you already have :P

Anyway, well done to all Guard in the ETL! Some impressive vows showed their heads, be they one magnificent model or as is the Guards way multiple vows with many models! I enjoyed being along for the ride ;)

Great work guys and thanks to CS for running this 

... and I got a badge too! 

I was gunning for one last year with the Valkerie and didnt get one then this year I forgot all about it and got one... go figure :/

Great work guys and thanks to CS for running this 

... and I got a badge too! 

I was gunning for one last year with the Valkerie and didnt get one then this year I forgot all about it and got one... go figure :/

To be honest rich that Knight desvered at least three badges.

Great work ecerybodythumbsup.gif Congratulations UltraRich. Thank you Captain Semper for running this event yet another year.

Ah well. I think the Guard had a two-fold problem where one, we haven't had a release of anything in a while, and two, a lot of us went big on last year's ETL and thus expended a lot of our forces painting then.

I think the problem is that we are at a big disadventage from the start, pointwise, and if we don't get new recruits willing to paint super heavys then it probably won't change. Thats why we each year have a internal Guard challange because that is a realistic goal that we can reach. We were very close the second ETL(the first ETL that the Guard where allowed to compete) with only one not completing his vow. I'm not complaining, just to make that clear. Each year is exiting, as I each year hope that we all pull through.

Well I wish I knew I would have had the paint collection I did before entries closed.

As it turned out I probably painted 500 odd points of tanks in that time.

Ohwell hopefully GW gives me good reason to buy some new goodies for painting next ETL! (Plastic mordians please??)

Congrats to everyone who participated!

Great work ecerybodythumbsup.gif Congratulations UltraRich. Thank you Captain Semper for running this event yet another year.

Ah well. I think the Guard had a two-fold problem where one, we haven't had a release of anything in a while, and two, a lot of us went big on last year's ETL and thus expended a lot of our forces painting then.

I think the problem is that we are at a big disadventage from the start, pointwise, and if we don't get new recruits willing to paint super heavys then it probably won't change. Thats why we each year have a internal Guard challange because that is a realistic goal that we can reach. We were very close the second ETL(the first ETL that the Guard where allowed to compete) with only one not completing his vow. I'm not complaining, just to make that clear. Each year is exiting, as I each year hope that we all pull through.

And yet last year the IFOR came third - almost second in fact...

Still I would like to give the Faction some sort of... flexibility for the future. I have some thoughts. msn-wink.gif

Awesome work once again.  I love these badges.

I know it must be a huge challenge picking the Badge of the Artificer winners but man that was a cool collection of models (props to UltraRich for doing us proud). 

What strategium Is Brother Chaplain Kage's amazing battleship grey Macharius Vulcan from?

Archived