+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

@Warsmith Gorrched - The Armourcast Warhound is one of my favourite models - I painted one last year. Good to see the tradition continue!

Some great vows coming in - let's keep this up smile.png

Well, it's that time of the year when I actually get motivated to paint my army!

MyDaemonCallista rises to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vows to complete:

1 Lord of Skulls + Skullhurler + Daemongore cannon

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/MyDaemonCallista/image_zpsnbeufujf.jpeg

1 Forgefiend (Necrosphinx counts-as)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/MyDaemonCallista/image_zpsqnnacxrr.png

1 Maulerfiend (Necrosphinx counts-as)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/MyDaemonCallista/image_zpscb79hkk3.png

from Codex: Chaos Space Marines for a total cost of 1313 points, to be completed on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Tears of Tizca and their allies and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

All of these were actually prepped for last year's ETL but I ran out of time. As it turns out, they weren't needed, but maybe they can help make a difference this year.

On a side note, where can I find the mini versions of last year's ETL banners?

Well managed to get a few hours in last night to start the first Vow.

The Smaller unit of Nurglings and the First Squad of Plaguebearers, got the grey tones done and the green ink applied.

The Beasts of Nurgle got most of the Great Tones drybrushed on to them.

Tonight I will finish this step with the rest of the vow..

gallery_63905_11231_970899.jpg

Lets see if Atia's greater daemon gets painted faster than the Reaver she vowed last year.

Btw, how is the Reaver?? tongue.png

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/58/58e22ad2c2958c14323dc9aa2b085fbb6c30d88273bf3d907408731405ff6cb6.jpg

Seriously, I am so glad Atia has decided to no longer deny her true calling and join us! All hail our new Queen!!

@MydaemonCalysta: that's a great vow and glad to see you did the right thing vowing the most expensive barrels of the LoS. For to deny our team those super easy 130 points is simply unforgivable.You can find the medallions in last year's final report here.

Oh, I just remembered. I should probably put the Oath of Moment in my sig, shouldn't I. Let me go take care of that.

Good job on all the vows, people. Just remember...

COMPLETION IS EVERYTHING!!!

Indeed, Although we need everyone who can to Vow in the next few weeks. 

What we need to focus on Completion Rates, We need to be make sure we all make many vows. If you think you can paint 6000pts of stuff in the next 3 months then split it into 5ths not just 2. 

I have waited for ETL V for a long time. It is a very good stimulus to finish assembly and to paint my miniatures at last.

This year I'll try to fullfill several small (in points) vows for the glory of Chaos!

I BadSanta rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Heldrake (Baleflamer) - 170 pts
20 x Chaos Cultists (17 x Autogun, 2 x Heavy Stubber, Shotgun) - 119 pts

from Chaos Space Marines codex of total value 289 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Red Corsairs warband and Lugft Huron himself and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Pics with current status of models are here:

CT3zx4eCs7s.jpg

i8pkO81n5C4.jpg

I, Brother Mayhem, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

*20 Khorne Daemonkin Cultists with 8 Autoguns, 1 Flamer, 1 Heavy Stubber, and 1 Shotgun

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/hellgunboy/IMG_18151_zpscfii3cgl.jpg

For the total of 159pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Brotherhood of Slaughter and the Wrath, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end, and embrace spawndom. 

You can check my progress on my plog in the WIP forum as linked in my signature! Best of luck ladies and gents! 

Well, bad news. Accidently ran out of a pot of Teclis Blue, and it's unfortunately one of the colors essential to my Night Lords lightning, which I normally start on pretty early in the process. I won't be going to the shop 'til Saturday when I can pick up some more, so my progress is going to be impeded somewhat. I'm giving myself two weeks before I'll finish my first vow, at a rough estimate.

Well, bad news. Accidently ran out of a pot of Teclis Blue, and it's unfortunately one of the colors essential to my Night Lords lightning, which I normally start on pretty early in the process. I won't be going to the shop 'til Saturday when I can pick up some more, so my progress is going to be impeded somewhat. I'm giving myself two weeks before I'll finish my first vow, at a rough estimate.

@The Psycho - That is bad news as the picture that you posted of your Night Lords was good!

The VIII Legion is displeased with you. Penance will be required, in the form of 3000 more points of Night Lords :P

I stocked up on pretty much every shade of blue and red GW produces about a week ago. I knew that between four rhinos, a sicaran, a Hellblade, a contemptor, a dreadclaw, five bikers, and twenty Marines I would likely run out fast. I wish I had enough money for an airbrush... and the knowledge on how to use one <_< I've tried once or twice with horrendous results. I don't know how people paint with those things. Shame it's become such an integral part of advanced painting techniques in the past few years :confused:

I found my old trusty brush I use for basecoating, Ive painted more in an hour today than I did all of yesterday. Flying through my vow, if I keep up the speed Im at now Ill be finished tomorrow, wed at the latest.

I started on the final trim of my Soul Grinder with Liberator Gold. Even though it's the fastest gold in the Citadel range, it's not fast enough. Back to using rubbing alcohol and Vallejo Liquid Old Gold. Hopefully by Wednesday the first unit in my vow is done.

In the meantime, welcome BadSante and BrotherMayhem. To find others, perhaps we should start comparing the participants of last year with this year's list, and contact those missing about joining. 

I'll start a Soul Vow Satellite Event by the end of this month, and will contact Forté for banners etc. Has anyone seen him recently? We need his Slaaneshi wit.

I found my old trusty brush I use for basecoating, Ive painted more in an hour today than I did all of yesterday. Flying through my vow, if I keep up the speed Im at now Ill be finished tomorrow, wed at the latest.

See I treated myself to a couple of new brushes for etl, I'm a bit rough on them not quite sure how, but I think I don't use enough water as I'm going along.

So I finally decided on my first vow, so here goes

I gianlucafiorentini123 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Chaos Space Marine Codex
Sorcerer: Mark of Nurgle, +2 Mastery level, VotLW, Blight Grenades and Gift of Mutation (145)
Rhino: Extra Armour (45)
Berzerkers: +3 Marines, Plasma pistol, power weapon, melta bomb, icon of wrath and VotLW (220)
Chaos Lord: VotLW, Mark of Slaanesh, Murder Sword and Power Weapon (135)

Chaos Daemons Codex
Burning Chariot of Tzeenth: Crew of blue horrors (110)

Total Points Value of 655

IMG 5457

IMG 5454

IMG 5456

IMG 5455

IMG 5453

Got the main basecoat down on everything except Huron, giving myself till the end of the month to finish vow 1 as I have to wait till payday till I can get one of my planned models for vow 2 and one for vow 3. After that I'll probably start burning through them like I seem to every year :P

Captain, it appears that I accidentally left the Icon of Vengeance my CSM squad is carrying out of my vow. I realize it's only 25 points, but now it's bugging me and I was wondering if there was any way I could retroactively add that to my vowed total?

I do not have enough pots of Ironbreaker - oh dear :lol:

Really good progress tonight - I nearly have the Sicaran, Artillery Battery and Spartan ready for their first ink coats. Looking nice so far - if I can get that wash on early tomorrow, it'll be great!

Archived