+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

-snip-

I'll start a Soul Vow Satellite Event by the end of this month, and will contact Forté for banners etc. Has anyone seen him recently? We need his Slaaneshi wit.

He doesn't have the will/time/energy this year so far as I know. Hopefully he will at least join in the banter though.

i wonder who got/ gets the first completion, and if it be a chaos team honour or not

I'll probably have mine done by the end of the week if I stick to the plan. Don't know if that will be fast enough, but I don't have that much time to paint these days.

I Steve Shields vow to complete the following models (listed below) for a total of 3000 +32 points on or before August 15th

Knight: Rocket pod 2x avenger guns   475

Knight: Rocket Pod 2* Battle Cannon   475

Knight: Battle Cannon                          375

Knight: Paladin MoK Dirge Caster Legacy of Ruin: First war of Armageddon (represented by dead guard stuff on the base) 465

Knight: Paladin MoT, Dirge Caster  420

Lord: Termi armor MoN, SoC, Black Mace, VotLW  202

Warpsmith: 110

3x Helldrake                                         510

9 Models for 3K lol Sounds about right. I just got back from my work trip and I am beat. I'll get back to building tomorrow. Nice job so far everyone!

13256071_10154180191614467_2429925086866

I BrotherJim, Warlord of the Black Legion Warband known as The Shattered Heart, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX.

For the Glory of Chaos i vow to complete the following,

Typhus 230

Plague Sorcerer with Sigil of Corruption 100

6 cultist 64

5 plaguemarine, plasma, rhino 185

6 plaguemarine, melta, rhino 199

Dread 125

Total points 903

On or before 15th of August 2016. Success will bring the Blessings of Chaos to the Warband and the Forum, failure with compel me to wear the badge of Oathbreaker until years end.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/6E97F83D-4958-4600-9328-4963490B65B0_zpsyrtqoxg9.jpg

I, Akylas, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete:

1 Sorceror with bike, Burning Brand and Mark of Tzeentch - 125 points
1 Lord with terminator armor, veteran of the long war, Mark of Tzeentch, combi-flamer and lightning claw - 147 points
1 terminator squad with two additional terminators (5 total), 4 combi-plasmas, 1 reaper automation, 1 chainfist and Marks of Tzeentch - 239 points

From Codex:Chaos Space Marines for a total of 511 points on on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring glory to the Hands of Fate war and and the Changer of Ways. Failure will doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year's end.

Update 1: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322389-e-tenebrae-lux-v-realm-of-chaos-strategium/?p=4462691

Finished: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322389-e-tenebrae-lux-v-realm-of-chaos-strategium/page-71?do=findComment&comment=4467557

VOW 1

I, Tankus Wokus, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• Chaos Sorcerer, Mastery Level 2, Spell Familiar, Veterans of the Long War (110 Points)
  • 5 Chaos Space Marines, 4 Extra Close Combat Weapons, Veterans of the Long War (84 points)
  • Rhino Transport, Dozer Blade (40 points)
  • 3 Chaos Rapier Weapons Batteries, 3 Laser Destroyers (165 points)

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/001.jpg

to a total value of 399 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end, and Abaddon will poke out my eyes and feed on my flopperly dopperlies.

Just though I'd get a quick before update done

16 Khorne Berzerker, 15 Plastic & 1 Metal (Icon of Wrath).

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00430_zps3zvyvkup.jpg

Be'lakor

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00433_zps6ivadefk.jpg

Black Legion - 20 Chaos Marines, 2x 6 Chosen, 10 Warp Talons.  Abaddon will be built today & also going to start getting the Rhinos sorted for both Chosen units.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00434_zpshykhv8pq.jpg

I'm going to pick up the Iron Circle (Contemptor Dreadnought) models tomorrow.

I Paz, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 unit of slaanesh seekers, and 1 unit of slaanesh fiends, from codex: daemons of chaos, of total value: 200pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Gods of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

glory to Kay-osss!

(Fiends x3) 105 pts

@paz :  love those fiends... they seems so "abstract" with those faces, still "realistic" on bodies! They remind me of Hayao Miyazaki's monsters! Is it intentional or not? Also really like the bases!

@Insane Psychopath : I like converting a lot more than painting, so I try always to make all models look different... Still there is some grandeur in a lot of identical models in the same pose I can't explaint...like in those old berserkers

As for my vow...unfotunately no new pics and little advancement... I guess I will start the true work with the Demon Prince

Captain, it appears that I accidentally left the Icon of Vengeance my CSM squad is carrying out of my vow. I realize it's only 25 points, but now it's bugging me and I was wondering if there was any way I could retroactively add that to my vowed total?

Yeah, be quick while the guards are not looking... whistlingW.gif

EDIT: Give me a heads-up when you've done it so I can update accordingly.

I see the Chaos team is really building up strength. I will never forget last year's event when things appear to be going well for HH up to the last minute and then the Chaos tenacity won the day! :D

Keep going though, this year is different in many respects. :)

Just though I'd get a quick before update done

16 Khorne Berzerker, 15 Plastic & 1 Metal (Icon of Wrath).

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00430_zps3zvyvkup.jpg

Be'lakor

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00433_zps6ivadefk.jpg

Black Legion - 20 Chaos Marines, 2x 6 Chosen, 10 Warp Talons.  Abaddon will be built today & also going to start getting the Rhinos sorted for both Chosen units.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00434_zpshykhv8pq.jpg

I'm going to pick up the Iron Circle (Contemptor Dreadnought) models tomorrow.

Hey IP! can you edit the pics to your original vow post? Also are you happy with the points' total of your vow or do I need to amend it?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Holy crap! That's a fast build indeed - or did you build everything beforehand? I was wondering if you have the 'pre-tracked' version of the Spartan or the one where you need to do them yourself. I have a Spartan and a Typhon lined up, both of the latter kind, and I have heard horror stories like you won't believe....

Ahhh buddy you'll be fine just use alot if glue and hit water you'll eventually get them lined up!

Great stuff Chaeron! Quite impressed already I hope those bad boys get some hardcore weathering

Wohoo! Chaos pledged 42118 Points so far! I only counted Sempers last update (17.05.2016, 12:08 PM.), so there might be a little more. Now we only need to get those vows completed smile.png

Let the galaxy burn once more!

Holy crap! That's a fast build indeed - or did you build everything beforehand? I was wondering if you have the 'pre-tracked' version of the Spartan or the one where you need to do them yourself. I have a Spartan and a Typhon lined up, both of the latter kind, and I have heard horror stories like you won't believe....

Built before hand thankfully!

It's not pre-tracked, but as I bought it from a friend - it saved me the effort!

Great stuff Chaeron! Quite impressed already I hope those bad boys get some hardcore weathering

Of course mate, I've only just put the sponge down...

Everything is looking great!

We appear to be making some great progress already. I dont mean to keep harping on about this, but we do need to go out and hunt for some new blood. I plan on hitting up some local groups for me today (but that may end up helping other forums as well, alas msn-wink.gif ). But we should hit up any Chaos focused Facebook groups out there, I know of the Chaos Renegades one and one for Iron Warriors but Iam sure there are more.

Anyway, Todays Progress, managed to get everyone washed and started on the bone detailing on the models.

gallery_63905_11231_1099745.jpg

Captain Semper, it appears that you may have missed my question for you, which is understandable given the number of threads you have to follow. Nevertheless, I will persevere in seeking an answer from you.

Captain, it appears that I accidentally left the Icon of Vengeance my CSM squad is carrying out of my vow. I realize it's only 25 points, but now it's bugging me and I was wondering if there was any way I could retroactively add that to my vowed total?

Great work everyone, keep it up! ;)

Yeah, be quick while the guards are not looking... whistlingW.gif

EDIT: Give me a heads-up when you've done it so I can update accordingly.

Captain Semper, it appears that you may have missed my question for you, which is understandable given the number of threads you have to follow. Nevertheless, I will persevere in seeking an answer from you.

Great work everyone, keep it up! msn-wink.gif

He did msn-wink.gif

Great work everyone, keep it up! msn-wink.gif

He did!

EDIT: Ah crap, ninja'd by Aasfresser.

Archived