+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

A WIP Photo from earlier today:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/5184e1ce-8904-4300-af5a-aa26ca06d1d2_zps3fk3grok.jpg

And now:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETL16Vow1WIP3_zpslqkfledd.jpg

Few details to be done on the interior of the artillery, but very happy with a day's work.

Leaves me basically with infantry to do - and I have just shy of a week and a half to get those done. Huzzah!

Lookin good. :tu:

Got huron about 50% done, that is one complex little dude. Especially when you are dealing with the wonder that is the finecast air bubble issue :lol:

Had to resculpt the backside of the hamadrya too, so I added a tail as I mixed to much gs :p

Hi, I painted one more coat then the primer a couple of months ago on some of my guys

med_gallery_77459_12048_112155.jpg

Is this early enough in the painting stages for it to be fine ? I've got quite a few more to this level.

I know that the generally accepted rules state no further than primed, but as written it also says "In very early stages"...

(PS: I know the Terminator in the back has to be repainted)

Yeap, they're fine!

Hi, I painted one more coat then the primer a couple of months ago on some of my guys

Is this early enough in the painting stages for it to be fine ? I've got quite a few more to this level.

I know that the generally accepted rules state no further than primed, but as written it also says "In very early stages"...

(PS: I know the Terminator in the back has to be repainted)

Yeap, they're fine!

Brilliant, I'll be pledging soon then :)

I, Luther - the fallen, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux V and vow to complete:

The Butchers” - C: Khorne Daemonkin:

Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury - 250 pts.

gallery_10707_11380_38112.jpg

Chaos Lord – Axe of Khorne, Plasma Pistol, Juggernaught - 165 pts.

gallery_10707_11380_11465.jpg

8 Khorne Berzerkers – Powerfist - 187 pts.

gallery_10707_11380_18079.jpg

8 Khorne Berzerkers – Power Sword, Plasma Pistol - 197 pts.

gallery_10707_11380_7631.jpg

5 Possessed - 150 pts.

gallery_10707_11380_44506.jpg

5 Terminators – Powerfist, Chainfist, Combi-Melta, Heavy Flamer - 206 pts.

gallery_10707_11380_1516.jpg

For a total of 1155 pts. Painted as Hounds of Abaddon, ​for the Glory of Khorne and the Warmaster!

for some reason, I can't be permitted to upload pictures right now, so they'll follow as soon as possible.

Edit: Before pictures in spoilers

- Luther

The promise of dancing won me over! That and that i can't bring myself to fight for the same cause as those damned Fists!

Since completion rate is a thing, i will make a relatively small vow initially, but can make more vows if i complete this in time smile.png

I, Hellrender, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Stronghold Assault and IA: 13,

a Vortex Missile Aquila Strongpoint and a Vengeance Weapon Battery with Battlecannon, and a Dreadclaw Assault pod

for a total value of 720 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring Glory to the Lord of Iron and the IVth.

Iron Within!

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Iron%20Warriors/ad15537b-9ddb-405b-ae1b-dc274c884c85_zps3u8p4lc5.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Iron%20Warriors/20160518_150852_zpsp9h3i9wk.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Iron%20Warriors/18a5a4ff-23fa-42d9-a141-30c5e3adadad_zpsnrmy3z9r.jpg

All these pictures are killing me! I'm still stuck on gub'ment orders until the 26th. Eight more days and I can put paint to plastic. I may have gone a little Amazon crazy and dipped into a bunch of Slaaneshi stuff too. My bank account hates me :rolleyes: But those Spellcrow Noise Marine bits were just too good to pass up! Keep up the good work gents!

Hey everyone, let me start by saying that my heart rejoices, having seen all those lovely, spiky conversions posted in this thread and pledged for the event! It goes without saying that I too will do my part. And even though it has taken me some time to figure out a plan, I am all set now. So here goes:

For the glory of He who hunts at the head of the pack and in order to atone for previous failures, I, KrautScientist, supreme overlord of Khorne's Eternal Hunt, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from Imperial Armour XIII, Codex Chaos Space Marines and Codex Daemons of total value of 500 points on or before August 15th, 2016:

So, without further ado, here are the models that will make up my first vow for ETL:

• 1 Counts As Skulltaker (100 pts.)
  • 1 Counts As Chaos Contemptor, dedication of Khorne, twin CC weapons with inbuilt heavy flamers (235 points)
  • 1 Counts As Fabius Bile (165 points)

el-2016-1st-vow-1.jpg

Success will bring eternal glory to the World Eaters' 4th assault company and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before pictures:

Skulltaker:

counts-as-skulltaker-wip-1.jpg

Contemptor:

khornate-kastelan-wip-2.jpg

Counts As Fabius Bile:

el-2016-1st-vow-2.jpg

More pictures as well as regular updates can be found in my ongoing World Eaters WIP thread.

Let's do this! FOR CHAOS!

EDIT: Went back and added the correct points value for the Contemptor -- sorry ;)

Once again out of likes for the day!

Anyway made some more progress last night, getting the bone and brown sections finished now. Once I have done this I think I will focus on finishing units themselves I have also started to prepare my 2nd Vow so I can be ready to start it when I finish this one regadless of what the weather is doing.

gallery_63905_11231_1111637.jpg

• 1 Counts As Chaos Contemptor, dedication of Khorne, twin CC weapons with inbuilt heavy flamers (215 points)

You seem to be 20 points short on that contemptor, K-Sci (my bad, as I should have given you the base cost)!  Base cost is 195, +2 x 20 for both heavy flamers, +20 for dedication to Khorne, making a total of 235 points. :) :tu:

@ Auggs: Cheers, buddy! Already added the correct points value back into my original post. I should have known something like this was going to happen, though, as I am TERRIBLE with numbers ;)

@ Kaldoth: Hmm, the rough outline for the conversion goes like this:

• the base model is an Adeptus Mechanicus Kastelan Robot
  • the head came from the Tomb Kings Warsphinx
  • the right hand and weapon are from the Nemesis Dreadknight
  • the breastplate, loincloth and the head of the hammer are from the Bloodthirster
  • plus some additional armour plates from the Skullreapers, juggernauts, dragon ogres and Space Marines Centurions

I think that basically covers it ;)

Once again out of likes for the day! 

Snap, that's ETL season for you! :lol:

Great stuff coming through everyone - I'm working on marines from tonight onwards :)

Had some time to kill while waiting for the insurance adjuster to get an estimate on my car's damage, so I busted out the airbrush and got some work done this morning. The Defiler, Havoks, and Exalted Flamer all now wear a fancy coat of primer. So do the Screamers, but that's been covered up with some preshading, then some bright and Tzeentchy colors. A shame the pearlescent effect doesn't really show up in photograph. By the end of the weekend, they'll be finished.

http://i.imgur.com/3AvGozAl.jpg?1

Daemons are always a good break from power armor - way faster to reach a finished product.

How do all of you manage to wet blend so well? I cannot for the life of me manage the effect. It just ends up looking all streaky. I either use too much water or not enough. Does anyone have a good, break it down Barney style video tutorial I could watch? :confused: I'd love to wet blend some of the armor plates on the Knight I'm doing but so far all of my attempts have failed...

Archived