+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I updated, added a warpsmith which means I am 32 points over now. It feels like such a waste of 32 points though! oh well. Also that would be an extremely silly argument to say you could not take legacies and marks. The one I am taking only helps Khorne stuff so I would say if you took it on a non khorne thing that's going against intended rules! Now to figure out if I want a bunch of dead guardsmen on the base or a wrecked out tank. Chaos is so much fun haha.

Even though I'm sick I got the legs and the torso done on another knight last night, can't slow down the train! haha.

Wip

The waste of the hive dripped down to the bottommost level, exponentially growing in potency, quantity, and complexity. Those who lived in the hive cared not for the people living below their feet. But at the very bottom, something was stirring in the goo.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/Carrack1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfasgbplw.jpeg

Tonight I drybrush, and then on to my dreaded detail brush. I'm happy with the colors. I painted 5 in the darker green, then threw in some ratskin flesh to the same color for the other 5, I like both colors, and hopefully shading them down with washes will bring them a little closer together. It doesn't show so great, but the plague swords are looking good to me as well, just a bit of drybrush and earthshade, and they will look good, antlers too.

Just quickly post this & then have a look though the topic :D

Also Semper - Do you want me to edit my vow post with the photo of the Iron Circle models, useing Armour 13: Lost & the Damned as Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought (I'll be useing there rule set in games with my 40k era Chaos).
I think it just the two Rhinos for the Black Legion chose left to get built now.

Update

Spent a bit of today painting up the 2nd ed era Khorne Berzerker models. I can't quite rememeber how I painted the World Eater to the left for my Bloodborn unit & why it really helpful to write down note.
For the Khorne Berzerker I've use the Mephiston red spray with brown shade, sepia & then brown shade again before highlight.

There still a lot to get done & I'm hoping to possible get transfer added tomorrow during lunch time. Not quite sure what I will do for the Chainsword, feel like somthing need to be done. I'll have a quick look that the Forge World Horus Heresy book 1 see if there any scripe/letter for the World Eaters.  I should hopeful have these five models finish painted on Saturday?

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00533_zps2qsbgeqa.jpg

Also pick up this lot from my friends attending Warhammer Fest. From what I've seen on facebook, seem to been 40 sold on Saturday & 40 sold on Sunday.

There really cool models & looking that the guide, it sorted a few worry I had. For exsample I was unsure if I should glue the mask on or paint it seprate but so far it look really easy to paint it seprate & glue onto the model later with out anything blocking it.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00534_zpsnqedksnt.jpg

Just found it funny seen the 40k & Chaos Marines on the label.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00535_zpsyubbadfh.jpg

I'm hoping to possible get these two models built on Friday afternoon. If all goes to plan I'm aim on take Friday as a quick day off. I just need to see if I've got enough spare Marine parts to add a Templars to the base.

IP What is your silver recipe? I don't like mine and yours looks pretty close to what I want.

Here you go

Insane Psychopath, on 14 Feb 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:snapback.png

Metal - I usely start with this first

Leadbelcher Black Wash, Pruple wash, Black Wash, Leadbelcher (Dry Brush with tank brush), Rune Fangsteel (Dry brush w/Tank brush), black wash (not heavy/make it a light wash making sure none of it pools) this just help & shade any part the dry brush has gotten into & highlight with Rune Fangsteel.

Gold

Hashut Copper, Black wash, Gehenna's Gold, leave the above in the recess of the armour, Brown wash, purple wash Auric Armour Gold: Highlight

Yellow

Averland Sunset, Zamesi Desert, Yriel Yellow, Sepia Wash, Abaddon Black to tidy up the lines, Flash Gitz yellow for the highlight.

Browns

Mournfang Brown, black wash, Mournfang brown, brown wash, Skrag Brown highlight

Reds

Khorne Red, Mephiston Red (depend how your wanting the red to look), brown wash, Evil Sunz Scarlet: Highlight, Wild Rider Red: Highlight. Again depend, you can add Sepia wash

Blues

Incubi Darkness, Sotek Green, Temple Guard Blue

Also I'd suggest getting the Ledbelcher spray. Not sure what the newer one like when they where brought in/kept. When it was first release it was really great, the spray paint dry really well & didn't take long to dry ether.

So, I've had a very productive evening:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/hellgunboy/IMG_18171_zpsmcuuiqrv.jpg

Finished the base coats and a wash on the 1st group of cultists. Will start the layering and highlighting tomorrow I hope! 

Have been doing some none ETL related stuff too (Maulerfiend that was already started a while back!), so hopefully, the mojo is back! I have also prepared a Khorne Daemons starter set, so I may be able to do some of these if I pull my finger out (please may the mojo last more than one session!!)

Everyones doing well, keep it up :) 

I undeadsoldier pledge myself to chaos! Khorne has corrupted me and the gods must be satiated.

For my first pledge: 3000 Points

Chaos Warhound Titan, plasma blast gun, vulcan mega bolster and legacy of ruin: Fourth quadrant rebellion: 760 pts

war hound

4x soul grinders (KDK), harvester cannon, iron claw, phlegm bombardment, warpsword-760 pts

soul grinders

2x skull cannons- 250

bloodddddd

2x three bloodcrushers, banner of blood, instrument of chaos, blood hunter- 340 pts

cannon

5x bloodletters squads (KDK)- 400 pts

blood letters

blood letters

15x flesh hounds- 240 pts

blood thirster of unfettered fury-250

dogs and blood thirster

3000 pts!

Man that was a pain to load! off to painting hopefully we will be done within a few weeks!

BLOOD!

Wow! Another vow and another Titan and another 3k vow! Good luck undeadsoldier - can't wait for this Titan to get painted! :tu:

@ steve shields: Great - good luck! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Small progress is progress still... ^^;;

20160519 010104

he's got his base colors, then a gray skin layer, then some ink, I plan to finish him around this week

I'm used to pait alien bugs, so I seldom do one model at time; I've worked a bit on the Sorcerer and the Lord on foot, but no pics yet

@KrautScientist: look at your stuff... Damn I will sell a couple of important-but-not-vital organs to have your conversion skill! Normally I can easely guess the kits involved in every kitbash, but with your works it's so hard becouse every part blends with the rest of the models so well it's difficoult for me to find the various elements! Fantastic!

It's an onor and a shame be on the same Etl!

Where do you take the parts of the contemptor from(goes straight to your wip thread)?

(edit: found the answer, still puzzled about the hammer)

Great work everyone! 

Managed to get the first squad of Nurglings and Plague Bearers done yesterday, Going to try and get the Beasts, Herald and 2nd squad of Plague Bearers done or at least almost done tonight.  

I would like to get this vow wrapped up by sunday, as next week I shall be away from home doing some temp work and not 100% sure how i will be able to paint during this time. 

Good job so far everyone! It's pretty awesome our Starategium is attracting so many newbies of the forum, and they're vowing so incredibly much! Let's all make it our shared responsibility to check up on them to inspire them and motivate them to finsih their armies..

I finished the first unit in my vow today, the Soul grinder. More pictures here in my WIP.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsmm1zm1uw.jpg

Thanks to KrautScientist for the flesh colour recipe. :) :tu:

Wip

Done the base colours ans washes for the seekers and fiends!

Love me some pinks and turquoise :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/BB83EA14-44CB-4D8B-A1B6-48E3D2742F37_zpsjs2gkf7j.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shadow/40kstuff/407A558D-3D76-4935-95F5-8EC528A59E2A_zpsw3swkmy0.jpg

At this rate i should be ready for my next vow in a week!

Beautiful, beautiful colours, Paz! Glorious!

Here are my WIP fiends.

gallery_63428_9407_78498.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_21142.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_66505.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_96720.jpggallery_63428_9407_12248.jpg

Note that the positions you see them on their bases now are not the final positions they'll be in.

A couple still need metals basecoating, then I'll highlight and shade the metal...and glaze it. With my daemonettes I glazed it purple but I might do another colour for the Fiends. Blue perhaps.

Some will have bloody claws, and I might add a few cuts/injuries to their skin.

That is a really sexy shade of pink you've got going there Paz. What's your recipe? biggrin.png

The skintone for the fiends and seeker riders is Vallejo Deck-tan, and V. magenta. Then I wash with purple.

the Seeker mounts are V. Magenta and GW Emperor's children base then purple wash!

I then move up to brighter, lighter tones using pinks and whites!

OK, I'm overwhelmed by the quality and the speed here! 

paz, Augustus and Kierdale, you carry on like that I'll have to invoke the black protocols of the ETL... :ph34r:

Chaos is going hard in the paint! (Pun intended... Mwahahahaha)

OK, I'm overwhelmed by the quality and the speed here!

paz, Augustus and Kierdale, you carry on like that I'll have to invoke the black protocols of the ETL... ph34r.png

Not that again. Room 42 I believe? We've settled that two ETLs ago, Semper! I know you like to think you have some secret interrogation room stashed away somewhere, but we all know you just like to spend your holidays in the corrupted enginarium of my Warhound.

Archived