+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

"What's that you say? Torture? There's pain to be had? Just step through this door, eh? Room 42..."

Psychopomp marine enters to find an interrogator-chaplain awaiting him.

The Psychopomp looks him up and down.

"My brother Astarte! You're wearing a dress! So you have heard of Slaanesh!"

After doing all the green yesterday, I've done the trim on 29 models tonight... Probably just below half what I need to do. Blitz early next week I think, as I have to have most of this ready for the weekend after next :lol:

Those sort of deadlines help!

"What's that you say? Torture? There's pain to be had? Just step through this door, eh? Room 42..."

Please don't indulge Semper's dillusions. Room 42 does not exist. It's a construct of his mind to cope with the reality of Chaos. ;)

Please don't indulge Semper's dillusions. Room 42 does not exist. It's a construct of his mind to cope with the reality of Chaos. ;)
But Chaos is unreality... Which is real... Which is Chaos... Which is unreality... Which is real... Which is Chaos... Which is unreality... Which is *explodes*

Aaaanyway :P Seeing as how everything in the ETL is WYSIWYG, does anyone have any idea on how to represent a Greater Locus of Beguilement on a Slaaneshi Herald? I'm at a bit of a loss on this one and I start building my daemonettes tomorrow :unsure:

Please don't indulge Semper's dillusions. Room 42 does not exist. It's a construct of his mind to cope with the reality of Chaos. msn-wink.gif
But Chaos is unreality... Which is real... Which is Chaos... Which is unreality... Which is real... Which is Chaos... Which is unreality... Which is *explodes*

Aaaanyway tongue.png Seeing as how everything in the ETL is WYSIWYG, does anyone have any idea on how to represent a Greater Locus of Beguilement on a Slaaneshi Herald? I'm at a bit of a loss on this one and I start building my daemonettes tomorrow unsure.png

Try some free hand tattoos, or have it represent on the base. Maybe a different style of paint job?

Please don't indulge Semper's dillusions. Room 42 does not exist. It's a construct of his mind to cope with the reality of Chaos. msn-wink.gif

You think I was referring to Chamber 42? Firstly you're not even worthy for that treatment you traitorous scum. Secondly the Black Protocols of the ETL is a far darker and sinister and... darker thing that I may or may not invoke. Be nice, miss your deadlines, fail your vows and nothing more will be heard of it. But if you emerge victorious, the full wrath of the mighty First will descend upon you and you'd wish the Gods of Chaos were displeased with you!

Frightened yet? :P

Aaaanyway tongue.png Seeing as how everything in the ETL is WYSIWYG, does anyone have any idea on how to represent a Greater Locus of Beguilement on a Slaaneshi Herald? I'm at a bit of a loss on this one and I start building my daemonettes tomorrow unsure.png

Yeah, that's the spirit! Try to find a way to represent everything. That will make the whole effort much more rewarding! :yes:

Hey guys! All of this stuff looks INCREDIBLE! I love the ETL because it gets everyone's creative juices flowing, which in turn gets my creative juices flowing! tongue.png

Anywho, I managed to finish up my first vow! I give you the leader of my Night Lords 91st Tenebrous Winter Co.

gallery_47732_9950_287881.jpg

A ton more pictures in my WIP here

If my contemptor gets here in any sort of reasonable amount of time, I'll be inclined to pledge it as well!

KEEP IT UP, GUYS! devil.gif

But if you emerge victorious, the full wrath of the mighty First will descend upon you and you'd wish the Gods of Chaos were displeased with you! 

Really? So when we win, in addition to cool cool banners, we get to fool around with you guys, steal your dresses and dance around in them? That's so nice! Slaanesh will be pleased. Thanks Cap'!

@ AlanOfAngels: Dude, he looks amazing. His elevated right arm makes his pose complete. Great job! I've asked before and I'll ask again: what's your gold recipe?

Brothers,

I, Celtic_Cauldron, aka Arius Draken of the Night Lords' 8th Company, take the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux V. For my first vow, I pledge the following units to the Black Crusade:

1 Khorne Deamonkin Lord with combat familiar, Seal of Corruption and Blade of Perpetual Bloodbath (not sure about the translation for this one...): 150 points

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/17/96/43/35/image310.jpg

8 World Eaters Havocs with 4 Missile Launchers, Mark of Khorne, extra CCWs, 1 Power Fist and 1 Plasma pistol: 244 points

10 KDK Cultists: 70 points

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/17/96/43/35/image410.jpg

Total value: 464 points

All those units will be completed before August 15th, for the Glory of the VIIIth Legion. Should I fail, I will bear the Crimson Gauntlets as the Nostraman Tradition impose it.

Ave Dominus Nox!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Well between work and far harbour being released my progress on my vow will be a bit slow over the coming week, I've got an entire weekend off at the end of the month though so should hopefully be able to knock it out then barring further distraction :lol:

@ AlanofAngels: Your top notch, crisp style shined through, and more so since that's the first completion of the Chaos Faction! Congratulations!!! So now you HAVE to vow more! We need to see more NLs by your hand coming our way! :)

@ Celtic_Cauldron: Welcome! Good luck with your vow and your event!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ah, that good ol' painting bug. It's amazing how strong it gets when one of these competitions rolls around. Feels good. Speaking of, here's my Defiler with a nice basecoat of gunmetal. Gotta love that Vallejo Game Air. Not the best of pictures, sure, but thanks to the basecoat his details actually show up in photograph. I always liked the scorpion conversions to Defilers, but they all followed the same template (cannon in mouth, entire arm for a tail holding the reapers, yeah). So after many hours chopping away at the plastic, borrowing from the bitz box and Helbrute spare parts, and only one moderate slice in my index finger, I got this champ. Still needs a name, though...

http://i.imgur.com/EKcEX7Ih.jpg?1

Oh, and I also finished those Screamers ahead of schedule. And with the girlfriend working all weekend long, that means I'll have lots of time to keep working.  I just might have time to fit in a second vow at this rate. Good times.

http://i.imgur.com/v0XSBMwl.jpg?1

Its Looking great everyone, I hit up a few FB groups the other day to try and get some more recruits. If anyone eless wants to try that would be great...

Got quite a bit done with my 1st Vow last night, should be able to get it complete somepoint next week. But I have the 1st two completed units.

gallery_63905_11231_911336.jpg gallery_63905_11231_1084314.jpg

@Alanofangels -uuuh amazing. Love those subtle colors, not too saturated, which is a problem with a lot of Nightlords colour schemes. A++

Right, I'll start off with a small vow, just to get me started :)

I, Lord Thørn, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a unit of Chaos Space Marines and their Rhino from codex Space Marines, of total value 185 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Shadow Wolves Warband, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_77459_12048_10995.jpggallery_77459_12048_39888.jpg

gallery_77459_12048_72583.jpg

Five chaos space marines, one plasma pistol, and a lightning claw and plasma pistol on the champion.

One Chaos Rhino, with Dirge Caster and Combi-flamer, plus destroyer blades (that haven't yet been mounted X) )

Hey guys! All of this stuff looks INCREDIBLE! I love the ETL because it gets everyone's creative juices flowing, which in turn gets my creative juices flowing! tongue.png

Anywho, I managed to finish up my first vow! I give you the leader of my Night Lords 91st Tenebrous Winter Co.

gallery_47732_9950_287881.jpg

A ton more pictures in my WIP here

If my contemptor gets here in any sort of reasonable amount of time, I'll be inclined to pledge it as well!

KEEP IT UP, GUYS! devil.gif

AlanofAngels - The Night Lord Sorcerer looking really cool. Yes get the Contemptor Dreadnought vow's!!!!!!

Uveron - Nurgle Daemons look cool & really like the use of some of the classic models in the unit as well

Took today off. Just need to get to a model store in Edinbrugh to pick up a few plastic H beam & tubes.

While this afternoon was spent building the Iron Circle (Chaos Contemptor) models. I just need to add the ammo & wire to the models, that will get done tomorrow as well as clean any mold line & any flash.

Then they will be painted next week.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/2016/DSC00537_zpsuogcdfeg.jpg

Also though I'd ask, as well as converted Dreadclaws. Is anyone useing the Forge World Dreadclaw model? Just somthing I'm current thinking about adding to my force but unsure which version go for?

I, Pearson73 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Fabius Bile counts as - 165pts

10 Slaanesh Chaos Marines: Champion with power sword and gift of mutation. Squad with two flamers. - 195pts

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 360pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Warriors of Mayhem and their Dark Lord and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_71441_9972_100470.jpg

med_gallery_71441_9972_46762.jpg

Also though I'd ask, as well as converted Dreadclaws.  Is anyone useing the Forge World Dreadclaw model?  Just somthing I'm current thinking about adding to my force but unsure which version go for?

I actually built one very recently. The FW dreadclaw kit is straightforward as far as construction, but an absolute pain to clean up and put together. It looks simple on the surface, but I have never been so frustrated putting a kit together in my life. It turns out looking pretty impressive, though. Definitely a cool piece to have on the board :D

Welcome Pearson!!

Insane. psychopath, I'm so happy you vowed those Iron Circle models here, as I was having second thoughts about wether or not it was in the spirit of the ETL to vow them as chaso contemptors! I have a dreadclaw and to be honest I had very little problems putting it together. Just make sure you use a lot of hot water, slow drying epoxy glue and a lot of elasti bands, and you'll be golden (with black and yellow chevrons) ;).

Archived