+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I, Sgt. Blank, rise to the challenge of the ETL V and pledge to complete the following units from Codex Khorne Daemonkin:

• 7 Khorne Berserkers inc. Aspiring Champion with pair of Lightning Claws and Icon of Wrath (188)
  • 5 Possessed (150)
  • Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut of Khorne, armed with Axe of Khorne, the Skull Helm of Khorne and a Sigil of Corruption (190)

Total Vow 1: 528

Counts-As Berserkers:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Phothomas82/Chaos/KDK/DSCN2139_zpsm8wxisub.jpg

Possessed:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Phothomas82/Chaos/KDK/DSCN2138_zpsynm8msi5.jpg

Chaos Lord:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Phothomas82/Chaos/KDK/DSCN2137_zpsrfdl69ed.jpg

This is a new army and I'll be using the Eightscarred warband scheme from the Codex - here is a test model:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Phothomas82/Chaos/KDK/DSCN2140_zpsiko7i7y9.jpg

edit: fixed link for Lord.

Welcome all new participants - good luck with your vows! 

I aso see tremendous progress on all fronts, so this is certainly in line with the Chaos faction ETL legacy! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, I'm back in the county for at least a week. Should, in theory, be able to knock out a couple of squads.

Dragonlover

Just as I fly off!

Keep up the progress everyone after a solid first week!

I was having second thoughts about wether or not it was in the spirit of the ETL to vow them as chaso contemptors! I have a dreadclaw and to be honest I had very little problems putting it together. Just make sure you use a lot of hot water, slow drying epoxy glue and a lot of elasti bands, and you'll be golden (with black and yellow chevrons) msn-wink.gif.

Don't worry, I check with Semper before I vow it...........or was that threaten to expose the 1st Legion secret?

Thanks & Kaldoth on the Dreadclaw, just something came up. So see how things go right now but it something I am wanting to try & add in the near future.

Hahaha, no secret. 

The Iron Circle is a legit count-as Contemptor, so rules-wise it's fine. The only consideration is whether or not it's in the Spirit of the ETL given they are actually HH minis - but I think we can live with that. 

Ok, *straightens tie* that's ... Ok...

Noticed you haven't been around lately. I hope you feel better. :)

Btw can you also edit it in the original vow post? You know so that the "before" pic is in the same place as the vow...

Ok, *straightens tie* that's ... Ok...

Noticed you haven't been around lately. I hope you feel better. smile.png

Thanks Captain ^.^

Btw can you also edit it in the original vow post? You know so that the "before" pic is in the same place as the vow...

Done!

Second entry in my vow done: the Blood Slaughterers.

Way, way, WAY more pictures in this post in my WIP thread.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsvm6iw835.jpg

I hope you like! On to the Dreadclaw!

@ Atia: God Zarakynel is hot. A shame Forté seems to have left us, he'd probably squirm (you expected that last word to end with a different letter, didn´t you cool.png) all over the screen after seeing her/him/it!

Also though I'd ask, as well as converted Dreadclaws. Is anyone useing the Forge World Dreadclaw model? Just somthing I'm current thinking about adding to my force but unsure which version go for?

Not sure what you're meaning is there, IP... There is only one version of the Dreadclaw available, right, this one? Perhaps you're thinking of the Kharybdis?

EDIT: answer to IPs comment

Hey Augustus, are you trying to monopolise the Badge of the Artisan? :D Amazing work mate - just amazing! 

So what's going on Traitorous Herestics? Week 2 Blues? Where are the new recruits? Tired already? 

My grandpa died the opening day of the event after a stint in hospital. This in and of itself hasn't affected my painting, but the week and a half travelling back and forth to Nottingham has taken its toll.

Also I keep waking up really early because it's bright outside, and that isn't helping. Still, I'm taking stuff to work today, so I should be able to get stuff done.

Dragonlover

All quiet on the western front capt

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/7B240036-7A5E-453A-8BC6-0E055DB1933B_zpspsm2ynlc.jpg

I think i've got my colors sorted. I was just about to apply some washes. I'll update my WIP shorty. 

whoa ninja'd by DL

Im really sorry to hear about you loss Dragon Lover. Sucks bro, sorry to hear that.

Honestly, I really haven't made much progress (read: any) on my vow at all this week. It's mostly been a scramble to get my PC repaired so I can actually access all the homework I have on it by next week when it's due, combined with in depth planning for a large trip to Mexico in a month or so, and going to a memorial service for a family friend who passed recently, in addition to the fact I ran our of a few supplies. I mostly just got some basecoats down on everything that didn't have them. Next week will be more intensive I think, though. And then spring quarter ends the week after that, so I'll have a couple of weeks dedicated to painting, so that should be productive. We'll see.

My condolences for your loss, Dragonlover. Hope your grandfather lived a good full life. Jeez man, what else is there to be said?

@ Semper: thanks buddy :) Large models are easy to paint up,. admittedly.

@ Dragonlover: Sorry to hear about your g-pa, dude... My condolences. mellow.png Hopefully your family is there for each other. And perhaps you'll at least find some solace here in the most awesome strategium...

@ BrotherJim: Cool scheme, dude. It looks solid. Washes will make them even better!

@ The Psycho: Aw man, more sad news. Sorry to hear about the friend. Get that trip to Mexico, feel better, and then paint for the paint blood god.

@ BrotherJim: Cool scheme, dude. It looks solid. Washes will make them even better!

Cheers matey! Could you perhaps recommend me a color to try for their gun casings? I'm a little stuck. maybe red? or grey? I dont mind the silver but it feels a little lazy. any advice on rust effect while i'm at it? thanks in advance! 

Its quite impossible to keep up with this thread, such a smashing advance from the Forces of Chaos!

Death to the False Emperor!

Cheers for the thoughts guys. And yes, this place has helped keep me vaguely sane throughout it all. I'm just finding it tricky to summon my usual level of bombastic nonsense.

BrotherJim, maybe a dark red?

Dragonlover

Well this is what i've spent most of the weekend doing when not working sad.png thought I would focus on the dread first as I already have an easy scheme for the Nurgle daemons which will make them easier to paint, though got stuck on the dread and can't seem to get him right was trying for a pale ghostly green with rusted trim but my lack of painting skills means I'm am having a hard time. This vow may take me a while sorry as my painting skills are not that great

So what's going on Traitorous Herestics? Week 2 Blues? Where are the new recruits? Tired already?

I should finish my Vow on Tuesday (currently out of the country celebrating my engagement!), and then you can probably guess what follows that... Just need to tot up what I will vow :)

Well this is what i've spent most of the weekend doing when not working sad.png thought I would focus on the dread first as I already have an easy scheme for the Nurgle daemons which will make them easier to paint, though got stuck on the dread and can't seem to get him right was trying for a pale ghostly green with rusted trim but my lack of painting skills means I'm am having a hard time. This vow may take me a while sorry as my painting skills are not that great

I've found vallejos dead flesh is a nice ghosty white/green. It's called nurgly green in the citadel range. maybe mix it 50/50 with your current green. I'm still trying to puzzle out the rusty trim myself. I'm using tinny tin (warplock bronze)

Honestly reading through the thread makes my head reel, wish I had more time to do a proper through job!

Ugh, had to repaint the red on my Sorcerer and my Warp Talons because I realized the mixture hadn't mixed right in the Khorne Red. Sorc is a wash away from being done though, and then there's the Warp Talons. After that I might just go for the Khorne s- wait, no, I'd run out of red then. Probably Slaanesh then.

I Uveron rose to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vowed to complete:

1 Herald of Nurgle, with the Doomsday Bell, The Locust of Fecundity, and level 2 Psyker (Shown by his outreached hand) (I was shooting to find some extra stuff for the base, but wasn’t able to come up with something that worked)

gallery_63905_11231_167188.jpg

A unit of 10 Plague Bearers of Nurgle, One upgraded to a Plague Ridden, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the Plague Banner.

gallery_63905_11231_1084314.jpg

A unit of 10 Plague Bearers of Nurgle, One upgraded to a Plague Ridden, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the Plague Banner.

gallery_63905_11231_380850.jpg

A unit 5 Nurglings Swarms

gallery_63905_11231_911336.jpg

A unit of 6 Nurgling Swarms

gallery_63905_11231_487271.jpg

A unit of 3 Beats of Nurgle (Converted with parts from Plague Drones and River tolls, they are the same size and on the same base as the normal model)

gallery_63905_11231_1145514.jpggallery_63905_11231_456150.jpg

All these units are from Chaos Daemons for a total value 721

This was completed on May 22nd , 2016. My Success has brought eternal glory to Grandfather Nurgle.

gallery_63905_11231_1626370.jpg

Archived