+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I Uveron once again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Daemon Prince of Nurgle: With Demonic Flight, Warp-Forged Amour, Psyker (Level 3) Shown by the Books and the scrolls he carries on his belt. An exalted Reward (The Eternal Blade), and Grotti the Nurgling

gallery_63905_11231_109600.jpg

1 Herald of Nurgle, with the Death's Head of Duke Olaks, A Greater Reward (Balesword), The Locust of Fecundity, and level 2 Psyker (Shown by scrolls carried on his belt)

gallery_63905_11231_509826.jpg

A unit of 3 Plague Drones: One upgraded to a Plague Bringer, One with an Instrument of Chaos, one with a Plague Banner, the unit has Death’s Heads and Venom Stings

gallery_63905_11231_383716.jpggallery_63905_11231_682747.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_606445.jpg

A unit of 11 Plague Bearers of Nurgle, One upgraded to a Plague Ridden

gallery_63905_11231_104004.jpg

A unit of 10 Bloodletters of Khorne, One upgraded to a bloodreaper, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the banner of blood.

gallery_63905_11231_268877.jpg

A unit of 15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, One upgraded to a Iridescent Horror, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the Blasted Standard.

gallery_63905_11231_208433.jpg

All these units are from Chaos Daemons for a total value 1117

This will be completed on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Gods of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Woooooo this is great! Awesome progress everyone! Congrats to Uveron and Tremblant on finishing their vows / and Uveron even did a revow. Tramblant, with that speed, you could easily sacrifice moar to the Gods - will you revow as well?

Could you perhaps recommend me a color to try for their gun casings? I'm a little stuck. maybe red? or grey? I dont mind the silver but it feels a little lazy. any advice on rust effect while i'm at it? thanks in advance! 

The gun casing could be done in the nice bone colour you chose, or perhaps in the bright yelloow of the trophy helmets (although the bone is already pretty dominantly present, while the sickly green is the colour of your enemies, obviously). I myself would go for a simple brown bolter casing: Base with GW Rhinox Hide, Highlight with GW Mournfang Brown, edge highlight with GW Snakebite Leather (or modern equivalent).

A very easy recipe for gnarly old metal that I use is achieved by a base of GW Rhinox Hide, simply followed by a drybrush of GW Leadbelcher. You could even apply a very, very thin wash of watered down GW Troll Slayer Organge, for extra rusty effect.  

Great stuff Uveron, congratulations on your completion and the hefty follow-up!

I can see that team Chaos is doing great progress on all fronts but remember: the recruitment period is still on, so let's see some more demented Chaos Lords joining in! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Wow great stuff on here and awesome progress being made. I have finished the Sorcerer and spell familiar as progress towards my first vow.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/Mobile%20Uploads/20160522_103209.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/Mobile%20Uploads/20160522_103225.jpg

I was happy with my DP until I made this picture of him...ugh

Well, I guess finished...or almost so... (I just realized he needs a familiar ^^;; )

20160523 080849

(looks better in real... Also, this is my kitchen ^^ )

I also have to learn how to make better picture (runs to tutorial's section)

I also worked a bit on the lord and sorcerer, will be faster on whole squads (In the spirit of the Etl (as I got it); more the points, more the attention)

Could you perhaps recommend me a color to try for their gun casings? I'm a little stuck. maybe red? or grey? I dont mind the silver but it feels a little lazy. any advice on rust effect while i'm at it? thanks in advance!

The gun casing could be done in the nice bone colour you chose, or perhaps in the bright yelloow of the trophy helmets (although the bone is already pretty dominantly present, while the sickly green is the colour of your enemies, obviously). I myself would go for a simple brown bolter casing: Base with GW Rhinox Hide, Highlight with GW Mournfang Brown, edge highlight with GW Snakebite Leather (or modern equivalent).

A very easy recipe for gnarly old metal that I use is achieved by a base of GW Rhinox Hide, simply followed by a drybrush of GW Leadbelcher. You could even apply a very, very thin wash of watered down GW Troll Slayer Organge, for extra rusty effect.

Thanks for that Augustus B! I actually have all those colors at home, I've been waiting for a chance to use my old trusty snakebite leather :D

I might try it out on the next lot. I'm thinking I might try and push out some troops through the week. They are less busy then the chosen ranks.

Good stuff from everyone! It's great to watch them tick over, I'll have more progress soon!

A brief report:

- Cuitists are about to be completed;

- Legionnaries, including my Berserker Lord, are 50% done.

I should have completed my first vow by the end of this month. Then I'll go on with my second one, which will include all my Renegade Disciples and Marauders. The 2nd vow should represent around 400 more points.

Keep going everyone!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Tankus, your sorcerer and his little buddy are ace! I really like the little creep.

Uveron, congrats to your first completion! May there be more!

Augustus, your airbrush works always impresses me. Those tow Slaughterers are great!

@All: Keep up the great work and the awesome updates!

Just leaving this here....

gallery_93011_12043_36099.jpg

3 cans of Kyrlon camo black. Quite nice though a bit on the rough side - in hindsight maybe should've use Vallejo Gloss Black Surface Primer for some of the metal parts (guns?). Sticks great though.

Sprayed through near a bottle of Vallejo Metal color Steel. Then misted some Vallejo Metal color Magnesium, Gunmetal and Silver. Did the red panels with Vallejo Model Air Scarlet Red, except the ankle panels which I used the Game Color Scarlett Red. Turns out they're not quite the same :/

Black panels i just used Vallejo Black Primer at this stage. Gonna try weathering the panels with decals and trim already on imo.

Trim is Vallejo Metal Color Gold - love this, pretty much does the weathering automatically depending how thick you slap it on. So so tedious though. Spraying was done by Friday evening, except the head. Spent three days on the Gold trim, still not quite finished with the head and shields.

Got impatient and tested out the FW decals which are lovely, though need some clean up on the edge of the shields where the clear part isn't sitting flush.

Next step is finish the gold trim and use Vallejo Metal Color Silver and Copper for the pistons and pipes, paint the cables and weather the plates and of course do something about the guns, heat damaged?. Getting some AK stuff hopefully tomorrow for weathering/oiling. And of course need to do the crew too. Anyone know the colour of titan crew uniforms? specifically Legio Mortis?

Need to decide whether to paint the raised metal parts on the toes and the top carapace void shield houses gold too. And of course where else i will place the decals.

Looks near complete but not even half way done yet and work leave is up today. I hope to not see another spray can or airbrush for a while.

Torso is magnetised and the arms, guns connected to arms via brass rod. Carapace guns not magnetised for now. Head also magnetised. Panels lightly glued on, except for the gun panels which still need more trim work. Probably gonna reglue the left shin pad...

Just leaving this here....

Hidden Content

gallery_93011_12043_36099.jpg

3 cans of Kyrlon camo black. Quite nice though a bit on the rough side - in hindsight maybe should've use Vallejo Gloss Black Surface Primer for some of the metal parts (guns?). Sticks great though.

Sprayed through near a bottle of Vallejo Metal color Steel. Then misted some Vallejo Metal color Magnesium, Gunmetal and Silver. Did the red panels with Vallejo Model Air Scarlet Red, except the ankle panels which I used the Game Color Scarlett Red. Turns out they're not quite the same :/

Black panels i just used Vallejo Black Primer at this stage. Gonna try weathering the panels with decals and trim already on imo.

Trim is Vallejo Metal Color Gold - love this, pretty much does the weathering automatically depending how thick you slap it on. So so tedious though. Spraying was done by Friday evening, except the head. Spent three days on the Gold trim, still not quite finished with the head and shields.

Got impatient and tested out the FW decals which are lovely, though need some clean up on the edge of the shields where the clear part isn't sitting flush.

Next step is finish the gold trim and use Vallejo Metal Color Silver and Copper for the pistons and pipes, paint the cables and weather the plates and of course do something about the guns, heat damaged?. Getting some AK stuff hopefully tomorrow for weathering/oiling. And of course need to do the crew too. Anyone know the colour of titan crew uniforms? specifically Legio Mortis?

Need to decide whether to paint the raised metal parts on the toes and the top carapace void shield houses gold too. And of course where else i will place the decals.

Looks near complete but not even half way done yet and work leave is up today. I hope to not see another spray can or airbrush for a while.

Torso is magnetised and the arms, guns connected to arms via brass rod. Carapace guns not magnetised for now. Head also magnetised. Panels lightly glued on, except for the gun panels which still need more trim work. Probably gonna reglue the left shin pad...

He forgot a spot there on the left. :p

Im still alive!!! Ran out of data on my phone, and unfortunatly Im out of black ink as well, annoying as I just need to ink three dreads and my vows finished *grrrrrr* Im doing a paint run day after tomorrow so Ill be done and starting vow 2 thursday morning. Ive actually been sat here since last wednesday goin bonkers wanting to finish.

I, Chaz Sexington, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vox to complete Cypher, 2 squads of Chosen, and 2 squads of Cultists for a total of 692 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the XXth and the Fallen and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker and hat of the Ultramarines until the year-end.  

http://i.imgur.com/FrNxTG2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fUAf3vQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fw3lQAK.jpg

Realised I'd forgotten these for the Chosen.

http://i.imgur.com/cgBTGZR.jpg

@ MadKid: great progress there, buddy! Keep it up! :tu:

@ STD: argh! Running out of paint is the worst. I'm out of Rhinox Hide, which is a base colour for me. I'm in Brussels now for work, though, so my delay was kind of inevitable. I'll pick some up on my way to my won day ofter tomorrow. Then it'll be a finished dreadclaw and onto the Kytan!

@ ChasSexington: welcome buddy! An awesome vow and a perfect name for this strategium. ;)

@ STD: argh! Running out of paint is the worst. I'm out of Rhinox Hide, which is a base colour for me. I'm in Brussels now for work, though, so my delay was kind of inevitable. I'll pick some up on my way to my won day ofter tomorrow. Then it'll be a finished dreadclaw and onto the Kytan!

Its funny as I have an unopened pot of Rhinox that I dont recal buying. Running out of ink really wound me up, that also was a fresh pot and I used it all in just under 2 hours. :lol:

And all the while I'm taking my time and rediscovered how to do a... not as good take on my old Metallic blue mix. Used to be Silver and Blue ink. Current mix is chainmail and Necron abyss, but it's not as shiny... which is important for Lightning claws on Warp Talons

And all the while I'm taking my time and rediscovered how to do a... not as good take on my old Metallic blue mix. Used to be Silver and Blue ink. Current mix is chainmail and Necron abyss, but it's not as shiny... which is important for Lightning claws on Warp Talons

According to the rumours, we'll be seeing some kind of new coloured paints for "gemstone" effect. Don't know if that could help.

According to the rumours, we'll be seeing some kind of new coloured paints for "gemstone" effect. Don't know if that could help.

... Interesting.

Well, it looks like I'm finally going to be able to get a start into ETL! :D Before this past Friday, I was stuck pulling ten days of duty at my local Guard unit. I foolishly didn't bring anything with me to do, so after going home for the weekend, I wrangled up a small folding table and a few boxes of miniatures to bring back with me to build. Ive still got a buttload of Night Lords to paint, but the whole army is built already and I didn't want to transport paint. So, looks like I'll be vowing my Emperor's Children first! Won't be able to start painting until Friday when I get home, but at least I can get everything cleaned up and prepped. So, that being said...

I, Kaldoth, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux V. For the glory of the Dark Prince and the III Legion I vow to complete:

1x 6 Man Noise Marine Squad w/ Blastmaster, VotLW -148 Pts

1x 5 Man Terminator Squad w/ 2x Multi Melta, 1x Chainfist, MoS, Icon of Excess, VotLW -254 Pts

1x Chaos Lord with Terminator Armor, Combi-Bolter, MoS, VotLW, The Black Mace, Gift of Mutation -180 Pts

From Codex Chaos Space Marines for a total of 878 points on or before August 1st 2016. Successful completion of my vows shall bring eternal glory to the dark powers. Failure shall result in eternal shame, and the badge of the oath breaker until the year's end.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/Kaldoth/IMG_20160523_125743296_edit_1464023293540.jpg

I'd say not bad, considering its only 24 models :P

Archived