+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Check out my post in my WIP thread, linked above the pics in his post. There's a complete step-by-step program on how I painted him in there. thumbsup.gif

Uiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

sml_gallery_79873_10492_17811.png

thank youuuuuuuuuu!!! :D

I, Morovir, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Chaos Lord, with Terminator Armour, Mark of Nurgle, Burning Brand of Skalathrax, Lightning Claw, Blight Grenades, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War and Mark of Nurgle

from Codex Chaos Space Marines for a total value of 190 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Scions of Decay and failure shall doom me to spawndom and to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL 2016 Before Picture

Just need to do inks and final highlights and Im done. Gonna take a break and leave the house for a few hours, since the ETL started Ive only gone out to buy food and some inks.

Well, I need to up my game a bit. I'm loving some of these vows and completions so far, glad to see the true winning side of the Long War has momentum. As for me, I have done my Chosen unit, just the other 3 units to do for vow 1 (won't be long I promise):

The Brothers Reborn

BOOM!!! Vow 2 complete... 

13322042_806159992848778_791404663180882

Vow 3

I SlavetoDarkness rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Cypher 190

Count as Typhus 230

Chaos Lord 180

Mark of Nurgle, Gift of Mutation, Sigil of Corrption, Blight Grenades, Black Mace, Plasma Pistol.

x7 Possessed 270

x2 Gift of Mutation, Mark of Nurgle, Icon of Despar, Rhino.

x5 Terminators 248

Mark of Nurgle, Icon of Despair, Chanfist, x2 Power Fists, Heavy Flamer, Combi Flamer, Gift of Mutation.

x7 Plague Marines 223

Power Sword, x2 Plasma Guns, Icon of Despair.

x7 Plague Marnes 178

Gft of Mutation.

x7 Plague Marnes 203

Power Fist, x2 Meltaguns.

x5 Plague Marines 165

x3 Plasma Pistols.

x5 Plague Marines 155

Rhino.

Chosen 140

Mark of Nurgle, Power Sword, x4 Flamers.

Helbrute 100

x10 Cultists 72

Mark of Nurgle, Flamer.

Herald of Nurgle 65

Greater Reward.

Plague Bearers 95

Plague Ridden

Plague Bearers 95

Plague Ridden

Plague Bearers 105

Plague Ridden, Instrument.

x8 Nurgling Bases 120

x12 Plague Zombies 32

from Codex Chaos Space Marines, Codex Daemons and Imperial Armour 13 to a total value of 3000 (well, 3001)points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

13332771_806159989515445_889352548797324

Sorry about the dark picture, my flash isnt working for some reason. 

Welcome Sarevok and Kythnas! Tankus Wokus, that´s turning out to be a beautiful rhino!

Abandon hope, all ye who gaze upon the foul visage of Scabeiathrax the Bloated, also known amongst his followers and his enemies as Papa g'Aap, Lord of the Blighted Pit, the Wind of Nurgle, Poopy McPoopface, and, according to a certain Aasfresser, Poopiwhoop Potato Pooper.

More pics HERE in my WIP. INcluding a step by step guide on how I painted him.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpsiulfgesk.jpg

On to Ahriman! )I want to paint the Kytan, but I´m still waiting for a bits order to come in to replace the exhausts, which went missing. sad.png). Also, I'm out of UHU 2-component Epoxy, and I really need to start building the Spartan and the Typhon!

This is an amazing WIP Augustus... Just beautiful...

I, Morovir, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Chaos Lord, with Terminator Armour, Mark of Nurgle, Burning Brand of Skalathrax, Lightning Claw, Blight Grenades, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War and Mark of Nurgle

from Codex Chaos Space Marines for a total value of 190 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Scions of Decay and failure shall doom me to spawndom and to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(pictures to come shortly)

Welcome to ETL V Morovir! Don't forget to edit in the picture when you get it!

BOOM!!! Vow 2 complete...
Hidden Content
13322042_806159992848778_791404663180882
Vow 3
I SlavetoDarkness rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:
Cypher 190
Count as Typhus 230
Chaos Lord 180
Mark of Nurgle, Gift of Mutation, Sigil of Corrption, Blight Grenades, Black Mace, Plasma Pistol.
x7 Possessed 270
x2 Gift of Mutation, Mark of Nurgle, Icon of Despar, Rhino.
x5 Terminators 248
Mark of Nurgle, Icon of Despair, Chanfist, x2 Power Fists, Heavy Flamer, Combi Flamer, Gift of Mutation.
x7 Plague Marines 223
Power Sword, x2 Plasma Guns, Icon of Despair.
x7 Plague Marnes 178
Gft of Mutation.
x7 Plague Marnes 203
Power Fist, x2 Meltaguns.
x5 Plague Marines 165
x3 Plasma Pistols.
x5 Plague Marines 155
Rhino.
Chosen 140
Mark of Nurgle, Power Sword, x4 Flamers.
Helbrute 100
x10 Cultists 72
Mark of Nurgle, Flamer.
Herald of Nurgle 65
Greater Reward.
Plague Bearers 95
Plague Ridden
Plague Bearers 95
Plague Ridden
Plague Bearers 105
Plague Ridden, Instrument.
x8 Nurgling Bases 120
x12 Plague Zombies 32
from Codex Chaos Space Marines, Codex Daemons and Imperial Armour 13 to a total value of 3000 (well, 3001)points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
Hidden Content
13332771_806159989515445_889352548797324
Sorry about the dark picture, my flash isnt working for some reason.

Congratulations StD - an impressive feat! ohmy.png

I can see that the new vow includes several minis in various stages of painting. I assume that they will be completely re-painted?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I was a little bored at work and home today, and primer was drying, so I figured out where we stand in points vowed to each of the Dark Gods, and unaligned / chaos glory, etc....

If a model had a mark, a dedication, or was a daemon of, a particular god, then the points vowed counted towards that god. If it didn't, it went into the unaligned category.

Unaligned. 30,586

Khorne 13,520

Nurgle 13,297

Tzeentch 6,616

Slannesh 6,157

Unaligned is by far the largest category, but this also included most vehicles. However, taken together, the points dedicated to a dark god exceed those that don't.

I, Kythnos, rise to the E Tenebrae Lux challenge!

I vow to complete 1 Renegade Knight with Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Avenger Gatling Cannon, Stormspear Rocket Pod and Meltagun for 430 points in the name of the IVth legion and the Forge of tormented Soulson or before August 15th, 2016! Success will bring eternal glory to my warband and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker.

Hidden Content

http://forum.warhammerportal.de/data/attach/60/563460/20160602_182344.rsz.jpg

Kythnos! I was wondering when you'll show up! Good to have you back mate! Good luck!

Thanks Semper! I needed to get back from a business trip to Japan before I could take a photo of my vow. I didn't want to vow without a picture. Now all that's stopping me from getting to work on the Knight is moving houses next week. After that it's up to full steam! devil.gif

@Semper. Yeah everything getting repainted, Im not happy with the colours they are at the moment, doesnt help that Ive used a mix of paints dating back to the first hex pots from 2nd ed era, Im trying to get everything the same shade. Ive already finished the Rhinos and the Vindicator. :lol:

@Flint - I understand why you removed the link but saying 'keep it classy', cmon Im English remember, men dancing in leotards to the theme from Flashdance is as classy as we get!!! laugh.png

Just finished two units of Plague Marines to go with the Rhinos and Vindicator I finished earlier, if I keep this work rate up and try to finish 2-3 units a day I should be done in a week.

A little hint for what Im gonna paint tonight

giphy.gif

Vow completed! Blood for the Blood God !

Hidden Content

gallery_77459_12048_37414.jpg

gallery_77459_12048_80044.jpg

Stay tuned for another upcoming vow smile.png Less model-count, but more point-count smile.png

gallery_77459_12048_39447.jpggallery_77459_12048_40051.jpggallery_77459_12048_16267.jpg

Great work Lord Thorn - the Khorne symbol was a great touch! Look forward for your follow-up!

@Flint - I understand why you removed the link but saying 'keep it classy', cmon Im English remember, men dancing in leotards to the theme from Flashdance is as classy as we get!!! laugh.png

No dancing - the Inner Circle has various means to implement its will! devil.gif

My vow is complete.

Jugger Lord

Jump Lord

Terminator Sorcerer

I will probably vow again, just gotta decide on what.

Congratulations! Take your time to decide given that it's really on and the stakes are high! thumbsup.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Krannon the Relentless needs to relent on how much bling he carries into battle. I was hoping to paint the mini quickly, but my gold paint is going everywhere, even on the few parts it doesn't belong. :( I'll try again tomorrow.

Krannon the Relentless needs to relent on how much bling he carries into battle. I was hoping to paint the mini quickly, but my gold paint is going everywhere, even on the few parts it doesn't belong. :( I'll try again tomorrow.

Try painting the mini gold first then pick out the red bits later, might be easier :lol:

Try painting the mini gold first then pick out the red bits later, might be easier :lol:

face hits palm. Of course. I got stuck on painting the deepest part of a mini first, like say, the eyes on a face, that way it cut down on getting eye color all over the nose and eye sockets, but gold first makes much more sense with Kranon. Thanks.

face hits palm. Of course. I got stuck on painting the deepest part of a mini first, like say, the eyes on a face, that way it cut down on getting eye color all over the nose and eye sockets, but gold first makes much more sense with Kranon. Thanks.
In theory it should help lol

Archived