+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

@Kierdale: That is insane. Fantastic idea and execution! I salute you.

@Isengrin: Loving the weathering on the Chimera. I tried to pull off something similar for my renegade Leman Russ, but yours looks exactly like what I was hoping to achive (and missed by a bit). Well done!

Finally finished the Cultists, Zombies and the Dread. Now Im doing the boring job of basecoating Plaguebearers and Nurglings.

It's all progress! I'm hoping to build the top halves of my Knights later - to keep this moving forward.

Keep going everyone!

time to step up and join the fight.

I Thamier rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 chaos terminators of khorne!! from the khorne demonkin codex of total value 197(ithink 5poweraxes 5 combiplas and mark of khorne) on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Balefire Legion! and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/717C8958-FBD4-4C3D-9B96-1CC3AAC664DF.jpg

Daemons basecoated *bloody boring* and nearly done another unit of Plaguemarines, just waiting on inks to dry then the faces need painting and there done. Should have the vow nailed by the weekend then another 3k vow to follow, this time Slaanesh stuff.

You said your painting Nurgle Daemons? Not sure if this will help, but this is way one of my friends & myself painted Nurgle Daemon.

Basecoat model: Death World Forest

Layer 1 (Dry Brush): Nurgling Green

Layer 2 (Dry Brush light): Bleach bone**

Sword

Basecoat chainmail**

Stipple tin bitz**

Add bit of moot green here & there on the edge

Guts & cuts in Warlock purple**

Paint spot in yellow (Yerial?)

Eyes painted in Organge colour.

Once that all done, just add brown shade & base the models.

**Name on the last ed of paint names, check out Games Workshop conversion chart to the current names for these paints.

Also for the sword, eyes & guts, add ard coat varnish to those area & add Nurgle slim to gut area as well.

It doesn't take to long to paint them, I think it was 45 min to paint 20 of the Nurgle Daemons from start to finish. If my lap top get fix I think I've got a photo of those models. Just waiting to hear if the lap top problem maybe something they've done from fixing it last time or if it just given up as I have had the lap top for 6 years now.

ETL Vow

- Abaddon, Be'lakor & the Rhinos have just been basecoated. Going to spend tomorrow painting them.

- Black Legion models are going well. It just I'm unsure what to paint to make them slannesh. One idea was to paint purple flames on the leg shine armour plate?

- Got the last five 2nd ed Khorne Berzerker that will be painted on Wed.

Aim just try get vow 1 complete just before July.

All the vows & models are looking really cool from everyone :D

Ahh nice one, Ill try that out when I go pick up more paints next week, I dont think Ive ever gone through paint this fast in all the years Ive been in the hobby :lol:

Managed to finish the Plaguemarine squad earlier as I stuff my face with pizza and a few cans of Hobgoblin ale, breakfast of the gods I tell ya.

Now for the fun job of a few minor conversions on the Possessed squad before they go under the brush. Ive found a few Plaguebearer fly heads and one of the spawn ones, not sure if I should use them on the Possessed or save them for a unit of Warptalons in a later vow. Ill have a think on it before I commit.

Apart from myself and Insane Psychopath who else will be paying tribute to the 2nd ed style stuff?

2nd Ed style in my next vow. Got an old metal dread with a Juggernaut head to paint up.

Dragonlover

Awesome! Always cool to see some old classics! smile.png

...I find myself planning my second vow before I have finished assembling my first one. Three flamers left to build and then basing...then it's painting time! Sooo much GS used on my LoC and Be'lakor though...crappy old failcast that has been lying in a box for years sucks! tongue.png

Last minute vow!

I, Brother Kortmer of the Black Harvest, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

• 1 Great Unclean One
  • 1 Renegade Command Squad with two extra Disciples; Command net vox, Banner of Hate, autocannon; Primaris-rogue witch Arch-demagogue with plasma pistol, Chaos Covenant of Tzeentch
  • Renegade Leman Russ tank with heavy stubber

from Codex: Chaos Deamons and Imperial Armour 13 of combined points value of 500 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Gods and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I'll edit pictures of the built models into this post shortly.

Hidden Content

gallery_80057_10843_61476.jpg

gallery_80057_11150_496374.jpg

gallery_80057_11150_70371.jpg

Please note that the command squad is still missing the arch-demagogue. I managed to get my hands on all the required bits though and should be able to put everything together in no time. The tank had been primed and rusted up earlier this year, but I stripped everything off it after a failed experiment with masking fluid. (The ultrasound bath loosened all the carefully placed magnets in its hull and I literally had to cut it open to fix everything up again. That's when I put in a drawer, under lots of other random crap, and I only pulled it out the other day ...)

Welcome Brother Kortmer to ETL V. Good to see you're ready to go - good luck!

Time I think for vow 2:

I gaurdian31 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Kytan Daemon Engine

from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 525 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

A Kytan eh? If you take into account the size and the $ cost, the Kytan turns out to be quite popular! :tu:

Here is the completed Herald of Slaanesh...

firstly on a ETL-purpose base:

med_gallery_63428_9407_64202.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_29032.jpg

...which is naught but temporary, because I had started painting her actual base long ago. And it took bloody ages to paint...

Hidden Content

med_gallery_63428_9407_136081.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_161737.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_61250.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_28497.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_387753.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_270213.jpg

Not my finest work but I'm somewhat glad to have it done and out of the way.

And here's a WIP of the biker lord:

med_gallery_63428_9407_262267.jpg

Blue with orange trim on one side, pink with green trim on the other side. Reversed bike vs. rider.

The white tentacle-ish-fire half done up the middle of the bike will be redone (green on the pink side, orange on the right, blended as best I can [which won't be very :D] to white in the middle).

I have to tell you, this is an elaborate base! Pity you've completed it before the ETL - it should be an o-o-c project on its own!

VOW 2

I, Tankus Wokus, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Mastery Level 2, Wings, Power Armour, Black Mace, Veterans of the Long War (315 points)
  • 5 Chaos Space Marines, 4 Extra Close Combat Weapons, Veterans of the Long War (84 points)
  • Rhino Transport (35 points)
  • 5 Chaos Spawn, Mark of Nurgle (200 points)

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC05666.jpg

to a total value of 634 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Excellent follow-up to an excellent completion! Congratulations and keep going!

time to step up and join the fight.

I Thamier rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 chaos terminators of khorne!! from the khorne demonkin codex of total value 197(ithink 5poweraxes 5 combiplas and mark of khorne) on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Balefire Legion! and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/717C8958-FBD4-4C3D-9B96-1CC3AAC664DF.jpg

Thamier! You really waited until the last minute! Well, not quite, but close enough anyway! Some excellent conversions / kit-bashing too! Promising stuff!

Now remember: there is only until tomorrow 17:00 GMT that new recruits will be accepted. So speed-up your recruitment process for once the doors close, they close for ever!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Insane Psychopath: 2nd Ed style also in my next vow (although there's classic Necromunda in my current one) with some metal minis incoming + my eternal tribute to 2nd Ed. via my green bases.

Celtic_Cauldron

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

ONLY 24HRS REMAINING TO JOIN!

TOMORROW THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

SO MAKE HASTE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF YOUR FACTION NOW!

...I find myself planning my second vow before I have finished assembling my first one. 

LoL!! You´re preaching to the choir there! 

THE GODS THIRST FOR MOAR!!! 

WHO JOINS US!!!

WHO WILL JOIN THE WINNING TEAM???!?!

I, Pearson73 rise once more to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Nurgle Terminator Lord of Chaos with chainfist, sigil of corruption and burning brand.

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 190pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Death Guard and the Plague Father and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_71441_9972_74211.jpg

UPDATE!

Well, progress on my vow has been going swimmingly! I've been painting, and painting, and things are coming along good, and I'm almost finished! Yeah!

cea4f3f27106f2cbaa74940bb103b6fa-d6pj8zc

Well, not quite. I honestly haven't painted anything of my vow in a few weeks. Which is not good. I have been painting... just not my Night Lords. However, my quarter finished last week, and I'm taking the summer off, so starting tomorrow, I'm probably just gonna take the day to paint as much of my army as I can. Plan? Plan. Good.

In any event, everyone's progress looks hunky-dory :tu:, and I'm enjoying seeing the ever-present camaraderie of our faction. We may not be permitted to dance anymore, but we all are dancing in our hearts, black as they might be. For the Gods of Chaos!

I Nemac Vradon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 6 Chaos Terminators and 1 Helbrute of the Iron Warriors from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 344 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Chaos Gods and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Pics as promised smile.png

SAM_0730.JPG

SAM_0731.JPG

Nemac

I DarkVen rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a single Warpsmith with no upgrades from codex "Chaos Space Marines" of total value 110 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Night Lords Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

So this is the "before" picture:

Tarantula_WIP_4.jpg

(...) I'm enjoying seeing the ever-present camaraderie of our faction.

All this camaraderie and fuzziness is gnawing at my bitter heart. Are you guys sure this is the Chaos forum? tongue.png

Oh yes, quite. Hugs and whatnot. Of course, I speak only for myself when I say I hug to get a better angle to stab other Lords in the back. :P

I DarkVen rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a single Warpsmith with no upgrades from codex "Chaos Space Marines" of total value 110 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Night Lords Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Welcome to the party DarkVen :) I believe you are entitled to the Chaotic Last Chancers Badge :D

You can also use the last chance badge now if you want (me jealous ... me next time waits for last chance .... grrrr tongue.png)

gallery_29004_6198_3277.png

(...) I'm enjoying seeing the ever-present camaraderie of our faction.

All this camaraderie and fuzziness is gnawing at my bitter heart. Are you guys sure this is the Chaos forum? tongue.png

Oh yes, quite. Hugs and whatnot. Of course, I speak only for myself when I say I hug to get a better angle to stab other Lords in the back. tongue.png

I knew it! biggrin.png

I haven't had a chance to paint anything since my last vowing because of either missing paint or my moving. But moving should be done soon and I picked up the paints I will need (and a lot of 75% off kits, a winged verminlord based lord of change is coming to a forum near you for instance) so vow progress will be able to begin again soon.

Archived