+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I just bought the same giant Chtulu miniature as Uprising to act as a stand-in for Aeteos'Rau'Keres. Couldn't help but plan for my 2nd vow, even though I still have two super heavies and about the biggest normal tank in the game to paint.... I might even do a Soul Vow and join this year's Black Crusade. 

We should come up with an emoticon and/or text code that implies dancing. Perhaps even use reversed Pencak Silat techniques (Pencak Silat is an indonesian martial art that very closely resembles Indonesian classical dance styles, originally developed to fool the Dutch colonial government in Indonesia, which forbade martial arts. So the practitioners claimed they were training their dance techniques, but they were actually training fighting techniques.) Hence...

Dancing is forbidden? Fine.

We'll be practicing our fighting technique!!

:P :P :P :P :P

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5flzbWfOr1r0k830o1_500.gif

I Malisteen, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Chaos Lord from Codex Chaos (Black Legion) of total value 190pts (would be more, but iirc the new core rules faq limits models in all factions/armies to a single relic/artifact, so...) on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Abaddon and the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before Pic

Chaos Lord, veteran of the long war, mark of khorne, gift of mutation, sigil of corruption, meltabombs, juggernaut, axe of blind fury

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/Black%20Legion/juggerlord09_zpsyrvxfsd1.jpg

Work is slow on my disc lord. The disc itself is the most ambitious thing I have attempted in the hobby. I am convinced that it will either be the best model I have done, or the worse.

The lord, however, has been the victim of assault by a deadly weapon, my brushes :) he is awaiting recovery in the touch up phase of painting, but his condition is critical. I happen to have a back up model for him, as the Kranon models were cheaper than dirt on eBay, but the back up isn't even primed, and I'm hoping to not have to start over.

I should have more hobby time starting Friday, so I hope to finish him soon and move on to the next vow.

​I know it's last minute, but... 

I, Mastermind_015​, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete:

​1 Chaos Lord w/Force Sword/Mark of Chaos

IMG 1623

1 Squad of Warp Talons

IMG 1627

from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 230, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Emperor's Children and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

I, Pearson73 rise once more to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Nurgle Terminator Lord of Chaos with chainfist, sigil of corruption and burning brand.

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 190pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Death Guard and the Plague Father and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_71441_9972_74211.jpg

Welcome Pearson - awesome miniature there! Good luck!

I Nemac Vradon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 6 Chaos Terminators and 1 Helbrute of the Iron Warriors from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 344 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Chaos Gods and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I will edit the pics in tomorrow when the natural light is back smile.png

Nemac

Welcome Nemac - don't forget to post the pic and don't start on the minis before you post it! ;) Chaos Terminators FTW!!!

I DarkVen rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a single Warpsmith with no upgrades from codex "Chaos Space Marines" of total value 110 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Night Lords Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

DarkVen, a Warsmith eh? Is it the standard mini? I love that one... Anyway don't forget to post the pic! :)

I Malisteen, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Chaos Lord from Codex Chaos (Black Legion) of total value 190pts (would be more, but iirc the new core rules faq limits models in all factions/armies to a single relic/artifact, so...) on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Abaddon and the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before Pic

Chaos Lord, veteran of the long war, mark of khorne, gift of mutation, sigil of corruption, meltabombs, juggernaut, axe of blind fury

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/Black%20Legion/juggerlord09_zpsyrvxfsd1.jpg

Great conversion there Malisteen! Well done! :tu:

​I know it's last minute, but...

I, Mastermind_015​, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete:

​1 Chaos Lord w/Force Sword/Mark of Chaos

1 Squad of Warp Talons

from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 230, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Emperor's Children and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

Welcome Mastermind - and it's not last minute. Remember, it's not over until t's over! ;) Good luck mate!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

WOW! Some excellent last minute new recruits coming in. Veteran or Newbie, all are equally welcome. And some terrific vows too!

As such,

Pearson73, Nemac Vradon. DarkVen, malisteen, Mastermind_015, Brother Kortmer, Sithári, and thamier,

you have all made the right decision and therefore are awarded the

CHAOTIC LAST CHANCER badge*:

gallery_29004_6198_3277.png

Badge courtesy of Forté. smile.png Thanks buddy!

Anyone vowing their first vow after this post is also deserving of this banner.

*Just as a quick reminder to all to keep an eye on the amount of image space used in your signature. The limit it 800pixels x 100pixels. Just so you can gauge it better, the sizes used on the graphics here are:
Banner= 300x100, Square= 100x100, Medallion= 33x100, You can also add images to your 'about me' page in your profile. This is a great way to display your hard work in forum events like E Tenebrae Lux.

Also, guys, please don't forget to edit your WIP pictures in the original post of your vow.

So Nemac_Vradon, thanks for posting them in the post above this one, but please edit them in this post instead... thumbsup.gif

Iiiik, I, totgeboren rise once more to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

10 Khorne Berzerkers, Veterans of the Long War, 9 Chainaxes, Icon of Wrath. The Champion has a Power Maul and Melta Bombs.

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 272 pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Black Legion and the Lord of Skulls and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/totgeboren40/Daemons/DSC_0004%202.jpg

Bases have since been fixed and barrels drilled!

DarkVen, a Warsmith eh? Is it the standard mini? I love that one... Anyway don't forget to post the pic! smile.png

Well I actually want to convert a Warpsmith for my boys band happy.png the rules don't permit it, if I understand correctly?

I will post as soon as I start. Which will happen in a month, I guess unsure.png

DarkVen, a Warsmith eh? Is it the standard mini? I love that one... Anyway don't forget to post the pic! smile.png

Well I actually want to convert a Warpsmith for my boys band happy.png the rules don't permit it, if I understand correctly?

I will post as soon as I start. Which will happen in a month, I guess unsure.png

No dude, you can convert it all you want. :D As long as it has the weapons (axe and tendrils) and when looked upon peeps would say 'that's a warpsmith', you're golden. :tu:

if i understand it correctly, if you convert a warpsmith, and it looks like a warpsmith..

Then it counts as a warpsmith. The rules are there just to prevent people usong a tactical marine and saying its a chaos lord. It needs to look (similar dimensions and vibe) as the model its based on.

Nice to see so many people joining so late!! Some really nice conversions too.

Iiiik, I, totgeboren rise once more to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

10 Khorne Berzerkers, Veterans of the Long War, 9 Chainaxes, Icon of Wrath. The Champion has a Power Maul and Melta Bombs.

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 272 pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Black Legion and the Lord of Skulls and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Awesome! And these Berzerker conversions are great. :)

Awesome! And these Berzerker conversions are great. smile.png

Thanks! It took quite a bit longer to sculpt PA legs than I though it would, and then real life distracted me for a while.

But I made it just in time! smile.png

And totgeboren is back! Welcome, it's always great to see the ETL veterans return! Good luck! :tu:

Conversions are not only allowed, they are encouraged! I just said I liked the standard mini (which I do very much), but I certainly look forward for any conversion you may come up with! Fire away!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ DarkVen: Hah! Great to see you've decided to join up, after all! And I am really looking forward to that Warpsmith of yours!

@ totgeboren: Dude, I don't even know what makes me more excited: the fact that you have decided to participate (I've been a long time lurker on your army plog over on Warseer) or the fact that you've created what looks like a fantastic squad of 'zerkers -- any chance of a closer look at the models...?

Things have settled somewhat on the RL work front, so I did some painting!

All the gold is now on the Kytan (SOOOO much work - even with Vallejo Liquid Old Gold) - so 'just' the Leadbelcher parts, then all washes, all highlighting, clean-up, and the fleshy and blue parts to do. thumbsup.gif

The base is done, at least. msn-wink.gif

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20160615_0011_zpsvn8d3n3f.jpg

Archived