+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I, Lord Thørn, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Maulerfiend, one squad of Possessed, one squad of Terminators and one squad of Chaos Space Marines from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 799 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Hashût and the Shadow Wolves' Warband and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Options breakdown:

• Maulerfiend_______ 125 points
  • Chaos Terminators_ 239 points
    • 2 additional Terminators
    • 1 Reaper Autocannon
    • Mark of Tzeentch
    • 1 Lightning claw
    • 1 power fist
    • 1 chainfist
    • 2 combi weapons (note that one is modeled as a heavy flamer. I haven't had the courage of prying the old arm off)
  • Possessed Squad___ 190 points
    • Mark of Hashut (counts as mark of Khorne)
    • Icon of wrath
    • Veterans of the Long War
    • 2 Gifts of mutation
  • Chaos Marines squad _ 245 points
    • Mark of Khorne
    • CCW+pistol config
    • 2 plasma pistols
    • 1 lightning claw
    • Melta Bombs

gallery_77459_12048_55547.jpg

gallery_77459_12048_42371.jpg

gallery_77459_12048_20747.jpg

gallery_77459_12048_20516.jpg

(The possessed and the terminator that already has blue and silver paint are going to be reprimered)

Vow the 4th is now complete:

Daemon Prince with power armor, flight and Murder Sword:

Iron Prince

Close up of Imperial Fist:

Dead Fist

Khorne Daemonkin Prince with Kro'Lath the Axe of Ruin and combat familiar:

Khorne Prince

And last but not least Khârn the Betrayer:

Kharny

Will probably have my last vow up later tonight. Probably won't be as many points as before, but it will be something.

Awesome sauce thanks a bunch guys, teenengee, krauty, Augustus anyone else who I missed! I have edited the orginal post, and we are good to go!

Just out of curiosity what could I use to represent Psychic Mastery levels on my Demon Prince?

Just out of curiosity what could I use to represent Psychic Mastery levels on my Demon Prince?

Tokens such as books, skulls in a certain order, small goblin type creatures (which could also double as spell/combat familiars) to name a couple. Also, different coloured slashes on an arm, tier coloured horns etc. The world is your oyster in that regard with Chaos, as long as it is represented clearly. 

And good luck with your vow Brother. 

Great completion, guardian! Think well about your 4th vow. We're not even 2/3 into the event. Your last could be fairly bi if you keep this speed up. :tu:

This is true, but I am running out of models that motivate me to paint. I am getting a forge world order in next week though so maybe I' ll wait and see if that will motivate me to paint more. Right now I only have a couple of lords and a khorne herald that are jumping at me right now. I mean I have tons more dudes that need painting but I just am not feeling any of them right now if that makes sense.

Great completion, guardian! Think well about your 4th vow. We're not even 2/3 into the event. Your last could be fairly bi if you keep this speed up. :tu:

This is true, but I am running out of models that motivate me to paint. I am getting a forge world order in next week though so maybe I' ll wait and see if that will motivate me to paint more. Right now I only have a couple of lords and a khorne herald that are jumping at me right now. I mean I have tons more dudes that need painting but I just am not feeling any of them right now if that makes sense.

I feel your pain. Im taking a few days off to read Storm of Iron, cant even look at Plague Marines atm. Tried finishing off the Nurglings earlier to finish my vow and got as far as picking up a brush before I got fed up. :lol:

Once again it really great seen all these cool updates :D  It also scary seen quite a few people are on there fourth vows now.

I'm going to spend today building the Land Raider & few other things for them today.  Also try get the parts together for the my Iron Warriors chosen unit, get rough idea how I'm wanting them to look.  I'm wanting to try get there Dreadclaw for vow 3.

Hey all, amazing work here so far. I'm pretty sad that I only have 10 paltry cultists to show (right at the front):

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/hellgunboy/IMG_19491_zpsjoqbo8tm.jpg

I have been crazily busy with a new job and getting my fitness back on track, plenty of excuses too of course! But it's good to be back on the horse again :)

I'm going to finish painting my Maulerfiend (which was already started before the ETL), then complete the other 10 Autogun Cultists, so that my vow will be complete. Then, I might stick something else on depending if there is enough time...! 

My English Trip is almost done, and when it is... I'll have a week of mostly free time. Lots of painting time.

Unfortunately this means that, with study recommencing, my ideas for re-vowing are... ill advised. That include a Praetor turned Chaos Lord of Tzeentch, and an Alarielle the Everqueen Model turned into a Daemon Prince/Greater Daemon and a Maulerfiend/Soul Grinder.

A quick shot of how my Knights are progressing!

I've worked through the red, cabling in purple and blue, and have done a fair amount of the bronze colouring too:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLKnightProgress_zpswoztqdco.jpg

Metal has had initial weathering too - but need to tidy up some of the quartering, which'll be done at the highlighting stage. Getting there though! 

Well, turns out I can crank out a single character figure to my standards a lot faster than I thought. So, uh...

VOW #2 COMPLETE.

http://i.imgur.com/IWjyxkv.jpg?1

As promised, here's the Lord with his combi-melta and power fist, with the sigil of corruption and mark of Tzeentch as a two-for-one deal with the standard on his back.

Yeah. Being cooped up indoors thanks to this Florida heat has done wonders for my painting life. Why go outside and do things when I can just stay in the air conditioning and not melt to death instead? So, yup... this lord is now complete. Time for a new vow!

VOW#3

I, Scourged, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Chaos Lord and Chaos Sorcerer shown below from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value points 220 on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Scourged and all of Chaos, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

http://i.imgur.com/PgwD3ux.jpg?1

So, I had the one Kranon laying around, waiting for paint. And he's been that way since... uh... Dark Vengeance first came out. Yikes. So yeah, he's long overdue for some paint. He'll be treated as-is: lord with plasma pistol, the MURDER sword, and an aura of dark glory, putting him at 130. Then, as I'm looking at the figure, I realize how awesome he would look as a sorcerer model. So, I grab the spare Kranon I had (because buying up cheap DV figures is something we've all done - admit it), do a modest kitbash, and boom: sorcerer with the basics, a spell familiar, and aura of dark glory, for 90. If I can take care of one lord in three days, I figure I should be able to finish those two in a month. 

Wow! what happened here? All hell has broken loose?

@ Razblood: Excellent completion and follow-up mate! :tu:

@ IP: Amazing production and quality combo mate! That's just reads IP all over it! :woot: And a follow up to boot! Now don't forget the points for me eh? ;)

@ Teetengee: Aug 15th @ 17:00 GMT! 

@ STD: Yes you can use the Badab list. In fact, in the very first post of this thread you can find all the list that are available to your faction. ;)

@ guardian 31: A 4th vow complete! The first for Chaos so far! :o Keep going sir!

Solid progress - congratulations everyone, this is really a great effort! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Speaking of...

I, Dragonlover, rise to the challenge of the fifth E Tenebrae Lux for a second time. I vow to complete 5 Flesh Hounds (80), a Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (250) and a Ferrum Infernus dreadnought with plasma cannon, power scourge, Host of Daemonic Iron and Dedication to Khorne (195) for a total of 525 points. Completion is assured, failure is unthinkable.

Blood for the Blood God.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/20160711_121539-1.jpg

Dragonlover

Speaking of...

I, Dragonlover, rise to the challenge of the fifth E Tenebrae Lux for a second time. I vow to complete 5 Flesh Hounds (80), a Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (250) and a Ferrum Infernus dreadnought with plasma cannon, power scourge, Host of Daemonic Iron and Dedication to Khorne (195) for a total of 525 points. Completion is assured, failure is unthinkable.

Blood for the Blood God.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/20160711_121539-1.jpg

Dragonlover

@Dragonlover - Shouldn't that be Bread for the Bread God?

Quick update. I'm halfway through my third vow. I've finished 10 pink horrors, 10 bloodletters and 5 flesh hounds pictures to follow. I have two squads of daemonettes and a squad of seekers to go. I went to the Battle Brothers event at Warhammer World this weekend with my Chaos and picked these up

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/Mobile%20Uploads/20160711_164147.jpg

Archived