+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

So I just had a skim through the vow list... we've got a *lot* of points tied up in first vows. Like, I saw three 3k first vows, and I wasn't even looking that hard.

If your vows going well, post! If you're looking at a pile of stuff and wondering what the hell to do, post! And if you've completed your vow, for the love of the gods post it! Let's make this last three weeks a push that makes the last two events look like a couple of cultists harassing a sump rat!

Dragonlover

So I just had a skim through the vow list... we've got a *lot* of points tied up in first vows. Like, I saw three 3k first vows, and I wasn't even looking that hard.

If your vows going well, post! If you're looking at a pile of stuff and wondering what the hell to do, post! And if you've completed your vow, for the love of the gods post it! Let's make this last three weeks a push that makes the last two events look like a couple of cultists harassing a sump rat!

Dragonlover

Oh gods don't remind me it's three weeks to go... I mean, fortunately jetlag means I'll have most of the week off to paint, but still...

@Leonite: just had a look at your vow, that's some sweet models you've got there. Now I don't know of you're a numbers guy, or your preferred painting method, but consider this. Assuming you've not painted a model yet, 1500 points translates to 500 points a week. That's 71 points a day. If the only thing you paint today is your Chaos Lord, you're ahead of schedule! You can totally do this.

Dragonlover

I've been plugging away as best I can but I have serious doubts that I'll make it. I am only about half way through the model count, and I don't want to drop the standards. I'll keep going but I can't see any ways of speeding up the process I'm afraid.

Great work, everyone. Another solid week for Chaos. Let's make an end push in the last four weeks.

I finished the Sicaran Tank myself. More pictures HERE in my WIP.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/temporary_zpscfrkmk7p.jpg

Edit: deleted doubled picture.

Ok, here are the completion pics for vow 4!

KDK Marines

med_gallery_39897_5762_314653.jpg

KDK Bloodletters with Bloodreaper

med_gallery_39897_5762_223593.jpg

Vraks Ogryn Brutes

med_gallery_39897_5762_1092302.jpg

KDK Herald of Khorne

med_gallery_39897_5762_1320562.jpg

KDK Lord

med_gallery_39897_5762_431049.jpg

Got a stupidly busy next few days due to stocktake at work, so vow 5 won't be made until at least Thursday.

Keep it going guys, time to start hounding the incomplete mono-vowers :devil:

Well I am done, here is vow 5 completed:

Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought with Twin Linked Autocannon, Plasma Blaster and Dedication to Khorne:

Cruor Deo Cruoris

Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought with two dreadnought close combat weapons:

Night Lord Contemptor

Ferrum Infernus Chaos Dreadnought with Twinlinked lascannon, Extra Armor and Lord of the Long War:

Iron Dread

The Iron Warrior Dread is the my first attempt at hazard strips, I have so much more respect for Iron Warriors players now. happy.png Anyway glad I could help chaos out, even if it was just a little. I am rooting for us to win. GO CHAOS!

Well played Guardian! An awesome completion from Razblood as well.

My weekend of card games is complete, so I'll be spending today working out another vow. Nothing major, but gotta keep that momentum going.

Dragonlover

Sicaran Tanks looking really cool Augustus.  How did you find building the model?  Just after building Storm Eagle model for someone else, I found the kit to be a bit of a nightmare & it has made me a bit unsure on a few other kits, like the Sicaran & Warhound Titan (been told I can get one for my birthday this year).

Great work, everyone. Another solid week for Chaos. Let's make an end push in the last four weeks.

I finished the Sicaran Tank myself. More pictures HERE in my WIP.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/temporary_zpscfrkmk7p.jpg

Edit: deleted doubled picture.

So everything on the Black Legion side of thing built now.  I'm hoping to undercoat the Land Raider later today & get the basecoat done.  Today pretty much going be painting these Black Legion models & then try get everything finish up/drop off next week if all goes to plan.

Once again really great seen everyone vows :D

Change of plan, as Nurgle decided to gift me heavily on my way to work this morning necessitating a sick day it looks like now is a good a time as any for....

VOW 5!

I Razblood, yadda yadda of unsound mind and definitely body do pledge that before the final reckoning date of 15th August 2016 I shall complete:

From Codex: Chaos Daemons

1 x Herald of Slaanesh

med_gallery_39897_5762_1436878.jpg

19 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh with Alluress, Instrument & Rapturous Standard

med_gallery_39897_5762_484704.jpg

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines

Fabius Bile

med_gallery_39897_5762_568659.jpg

1 x Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with Mark of Slaanesh, Power Armour (fused into flesh) & Murder Sword

med_gallery_39897_5762_444593.jpg

And from his very own Dataslate

Cypher

med_gallery_39897_5762_40665.jpg

All of this amounts to a total of 816pts and will be completed, for The Eightfold, for The Realms of Chaos and for me!

So there you go my final strike of ETL V.

Man, this place is buzzing with activity! Great job everyone -- maybe we can really beat those Age of Darkness nostalgia freaks ;)

So, once more, with feeling:

For the glory of He who hunts at the head of the pack and in order to atone for previous failures, I, KrautScientist, supreme overlord of Khorne's Eternal Hunt, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following unit from Codex Chaos Space Marines on or before August 15th, 2016:

• 1 Obliterator: 70 pts.

Success will bring eternal glory to the World Eaters' 4th assault company and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Certainly not a vow that is going to win us the war, this one. But I really liked the idea of bringing my overall amount of points to exactly 1,000, and also really want to complete my second Thamier-pattern Obliterator at long last, after finally completing the build last week:

Before pictures:

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-wip-4.jp

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-wip-5.jp

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-wip-6.jp

I am really looking forward to finally having two of these finished:

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-wip-3.jp

As always, wish me luck! :)

Can't wait to see that oblit done, it's gonna look great Kraut. Kierdale, that rapier looks great. (It is a rapier with conversion beamer right? Just not great with remembering the names of things from IA 13.) Go Razblood! Glad to see I wasn't the only one to get to vow 5, not that I vowed all that much. We can beat those Age of Darkness historians! GO CHAOS!

Kierdale, that rapier looks great. (It is a rapier with conversion beamer right? Just not great with remembering the names of things from IA 13.)

Yes, it's a cyclo-something conversion beamer rapier. The beamer part is actually one usually mounted on a Contemptor dread. I thought it would look about the right size on the rapier carriage and it turns out it does :)

I saw Krauts post and for a second I thought he'd vowed Daemon Angron, which would have been sweet as. Still, that's a gorgeous Obliterator, can't wait to see it with paint.

I have one and a half crewmen built, spent the evening playing board games at a mates. I figure they'll be done by Thursday if nothing gets in the way.

Dragonlover

Archived