+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Kierdale, that rapier looks great. (It is a rapier with conversion beamer right? Just not great with remembering the names of things from IA 13.)

Yes, it's a cyclo-something conversion beamer rapier. The beamer part is actually one usually mounted on a Contemptor dread. I thought it would look about the right size on the rapier carriage and it turns out it does :)

It and its crew are looking really good.

Woop! Wow, some wicked completions and revows coming in, guys!

@Kierdale: as a fan of rapiers, conversions in general, and your fabulous paint scheme, I say HOLY CRAP that looks fantastic!

@KSci: I'm proud of you for revvowing a third time, buddy! And with such a fantastic miniature.

@Razblood: another excellent vow there, bro.

@Uveron: love what you've done with the praetor!

I finally got around to put together a few pictures of my progress. (Or, rather, of what I call my progress. It's easy to be humbled by what you people manage to pull off in here.)

Here's my Great Unclean One, built and finally painted. I consider it finished.

gallery_80057_10843_376252.jpg

gallery_80057_10843_505808.jpg

It's a rescue project that I bought second hand and in, um, an unsatisfactory state of repair, so I made a before-and-after picture too. I like to think it's got a better home now.

gallery_80057_10843_72696.jpg

I'm also getting on with my R&H command squad. My progress is glacial, but I seem to be getting somewhere. I've got a few details to touch up, but I'm leaving you with a few pictures to prove that I'm actually still working on this. Below, in the background, you'll see some progress on the Leman Russ variant that is the last component of my first and only vow this year. I'll update my WIP thread accordingly and hope to put up a few more pictures too.

gallery_80057_11150_259151.jpg

gallery_80057_11150_230599.jpg

gallery_80057_11150_367862.jpg

I hope you like them.

I've drawn a great lot of inspiration and motivation from this thread. I haven't been posting as much and as regularly as I would've liked, but I nevertheless appreciate everybody's contribution to this event so far. Thank you, everybody, for your hard work.

I Thousand Eyes yada yada glory vow 2 yada yada oath breaker bad yada yada burn the corpse god yada yada COOOOOOOOOOCAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEE!

IMG_20160713_225042-1.jpg

Doomrider as a Chaos Lord: 195 points

Mark of Slaanesh

Bike

VoTL

Aura of Dark Glory

Burning Brand

Power Sword

Melta Bombs

Sigil of Corruption

Special thanks to Augustus for the renewed energy.

I Thousand Eyes yada yada glory vow 2 yada yada oath breaker bad yada yada burn the corpse god yada yada COOOOOOOOOOCAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEE!

[snip]

Special thanks to Augustus for the renewed energy.

Just to clarify: Yes, I sent Thousand Eyes an envelope, but its contents were vastly different from what he's suggesting here. ;)

Just to clarify: Yes, I sent Thousand Eyes an envelope, but its contents were vastly different from what he's suggesting here. msn-wink.gif

Was I not meant to mention that bit? :P It is not everyday you come home and find an envelope full of wonderful plastic bits addressed to Thousand Eyes. Thank you so much.

I finished the Dire Wolves / Flesh Hounds. 

More pics in an update HERE, where I also show some pics of the Sicaran's extra weathering and the Khornetemptor with transfers.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps8vxeuykz.jpg

OK the following have not completed Vow 1!

1. 1000 sons: Active
  2. 40kChris: Inactive since Jul 3
  3. Aasfresser: Active
  4. Adra'Melek: Inactive since June 24
  5. Akylas: Inactive since May 29
  6. BadSanta: Active
  7. B E N: Inactive since May 31
  8. Blackheart1223: Active
  9. Brother Kortmer: Active
  10. Brother Mayhem: Active
  11. Carrack: Active
  12. Chaz Lexington: Active
  13. Dahkness00: Inactive since Jul 12
  14. DarkVen: Active
  15. DominikB: Active
  16. Dreadclaw: Active
  17. Excessus: Active
  18. Filkarion: Inactive since June 30
  19. Forte: Active
  20. gianlucafiorentini123: Active
  21. greg0985: Active
  22. Hellrender: Active
  23. lfhoule: Active
  24. Iron Skull Mask: Active
  25. Isengrin: Active
  26. jifel: Active
  27. Kaldoth: Inactive since Jul 02
  28. Kilofix: Active
  29. Kythnos: Active
  30. Large and Moving Torb: Active
  31. Leonite: Active
  32. Luther - the fallen: Inactive since Jun 27
  33. Madkid523: Active
  34. MaliGn:  Active
  35. Malisteen: Active
  36. Mastermind_015: Inactive since Jun 26
  37. Midnight Runner: Active
  38. Morovir: Active
  39. MyDaemonCallista: Active
  40. Neman Vradon: Active
  41. paz: Active
  42. Reayonix: Active
  43. Sarevok: Active
  44. Sgt. Blank: Active
  45. Sith'ari: Inactive Jul 06
  46. steve shields: inactive since jun 13
  47. Tallarn Commander: inactive since may 28
  48. Teutonicavenger: Active
  49. Thamier: Active
  50. Thedarkprincesnun: Active
  51. The Psycho: Active
  52. tremblant: Active
  53. Uprising: Active
  54. Venomlust: Active
  55. Warsmith Gorrched: Active

Note: Active means sometime within the last week.

We have 26 days before the event if over.

In An Ideal world everyone would  finish their current vow and manage a cheep small 2nd vow to make sure we have a very hight competion rate. Its that competion rate that will allow us to take on the herasy guys. We just need to get a good lead on them on the competion rate and we golden.

Also if your on the list and not updated the thread in some time, let us know how you are doing! Updates and WIP’s help keep everyone motovated.

Great work, Uveron!

However, 

In An Ideal world everyone would  finish their current vow and manage a cheep small 2nd vow to make sure we have a very hight competion rate. Its that competion rate that will allow us to take on the herasy guys. We just need to get a good lead on them on the competion rate and we golden.

what you're suggesting here is that we up the completion rate if more people revow and finish those. That'd mean that completion rate is measured in terms of completed vows versus the total amount of vows. But the completion rate is independent of the amount of completed vows: it's dependent on the amount of completed points

suppose there are 5 vows made: 1x 2000, 1x1500, 1x1000, 1x500 and 1x200 points, The last two persons did a revow and finished them with 200 and 100 points respectively, both of which were finished. The first two vows were not completed, however. That would mean that 71,42% of vows were completed. But the completion rate in this example is only 36,36%. 

what you're suggesting here is that we up the completion rate if more people revow and finish those. That'd mean that completion rate is measured in terms of completed vows versus the total amount of vows. But the completion rate is independent of the amount of completed vows: it's dependent on the amount of completed points

suppose there are 5 vows made: 1x 2000, 1x1500, 1x1000, 1x500 and 1x200 points, The last two persons did a revow and finished them with 200 and 100 points respectively, both of which were finished. The first two vows were not completed, however. That would mean that 71,42% of vows were completed. But the completion rate in this example is only 36,36%. 

OK.. well there I go making the event more complicated! 

But what is important is for as many to compete the vows as possible. 

Razblood, are those the Mantic Games' Succubus models that you are using for your daemonettes and Herald?

Yup, just added dead marine bits and a slaaneshi icon. I hate the current nette models so these make a nice alt.

Hi folks,

Saw my name and figured I should explain. I have not had tons of hobby time lately but I do hope to be finished with my vow in the next few days. Apologies but I will not be making a second vow due to the time I have spare at the moment and just life in general but good luck and glory to Chaos!

Nemac

Just quickly show the before photo/start of my Chosen unit.  My bitz box order should arrive on Thursday & that will deal with converted the Champion for the unit.  I should get the rest of the Battle Brother built for this unit during the weekend.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/2016/DSC00459_zpsw4sddyup.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/2016/DSC00467_zpsdwr1kock.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/2016/DSC00468_zps8apclxbl.jpg

Pretty gutted - I was hoping to have the bulk of the Black Legion models for Vow 2 complete.  But due to heat wave today, pretty much saw me with a really bad headache that only clear up just over a hour ago.  Just meant I wasn't able to do anything for best part of today, but Friday going to be a pretty busy day.  With next week been aim to have the army all completed & drop off so my friend can get a few games with them before there first tournament in three week time?

Archived