+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

VOW #3 COMPLETE

http://i.imgur.com/EYj5Uqvl.jpg?1

Yup. There's the Lord and Sorcerer as promised. And with that, I do believe I'll be finished with this year's ETL. I mean, yeah, there's other stuff I could do, but I think I need a break. Plus, there's other projects I want to get started on that will take much longer that is left to finish. Picked up a cheap Decimator online, so that'll be fun. Plus I have a pimped-out Rhino I want to put together (full set of Forge World doors and a trim kit courtesy of Subtle Discord).  So yeah, it's been a bunch of fun, and I've gotten a lot painted. Good luck to the rest of you. Finish those vows! All glory to the Dark Gods!

Necrosphinx is magnetized and weapons attached. Greenstuffed all the gaps. Now I just need to make it look more chaosy, without losing any of the detail of the original model. I should have it done by today/tomorrow and then painting will start this weekend and hopefully be done by Monday.

OK the following have not completed Vow 1!

Kythnos: Active

Working on it msn-wink.gif

I might utter excuses why I haven't finished my vow yet, but I suppose the Dark Gods won't care. So I better slave away on that Renegade Knight!

I'm sorry I missed the deadline for entry. Could have at least given a couple thousand points to Chaos :/

I'll have to stay alert for next year's game. Gotta get me some of those badges!

Last night, I finished four Knights and my Havoc squad, leaving just my Bloodthirster! Hoping to finish that before the end of the week, and then get the next vow in.

Keep the progress up everyone - great to see completions rolling in.

I'm sorry I missed the deadline for entry. Could have at least given a couple thousand points to Chaos :/

I'll have to stay alert for next year's game. Gotta get me some of those badges!

You can still join us with an OOC vow. No points, but otherwise still get to participate.

OK the following have not completed Vow 1!

9. Brother Kortmer: Active

Yes, I know. Active. And I'm working on it.

I'm not particularly optimistic that I get to pull off a second vow though.

Here's a question: I've got a unit of Plague Marines built. I've put a bit of paint on it, mainly to distract myself and give myself a bit of a break from my first ETL vow. I didn't do any painting on them before May 15, so ... I know I can't pledge a second vow before I've finished a first. But I'm wondering if I could, technically, have started on a second before I've finished a first? In that case I could perhaps – perhaps! – pledge a second one.

Any clarification on this would be much appreciated. Please be advised that I don't mean to bend the rules, just to understand them so I can properly play by them.

Don't worry, I got it. I can't do it. That's cool. 

Kreth'ilik

Matriarch of the Brass Brood, Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne, Incarnate Daemon Engine

Daemon Engines are beasts of living metal, towering engines of war driven not by technology, but by the will of a denizen of the Warp. The mightiest of these creatures are mechanical Daemons summoned into beeing, as was first seen during the dark days of the Shadow Crusade.

A towering monster of armour plating and hellish metal flesh, powered by burning souls and bearing an arsenal of murderous weapons, the Brass Scorpions are an example for the Incarnate Daemon Engines.

Her fearsome hellmaw cannons are able to unleash a torrent of red-hot, molten brass summoned from the Daemon Forge of Khorne himself, and between his twisted form can be seen tormented souls given physical form at the moment of the machine's manifestation.

There are some theories among loyalist Magi about how these hellish creatures first came into beeing èn mass - some speculate a number of Brass Scorpions were forged - or brought into beeing - by the mad traitors of the Forge World of Xana - while other say the engines created by the Dark Mechanicum during that time were just hallow imitations of the Bloodgod's Brass Brood. Whatever the truth is - there are confirmed sightnings of these beasts fighting alongside Word Bearers, World Eaters and Night Lords during the later days of the Heresy ...

gallery_79873_10492_377044.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_59183.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_66198.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_144755.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_308518.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_166770.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_221325.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_292658.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_77251.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_147731.jpg

Oh man, aren't we a lively lot at the moment? ;)

@ Brother Kortmer: Fantastic work on that GUO and on the traitor command squad -- and I just love the blistered paintwork on that Leman Russ! Just hang in there now!

@ Nemac Vradon: Excellent work on that Helbrute, mate! Those hazard stripes of yours are just delicious!

@ Atia: Wowzers, that is a spectacular scorpion, indeed! It really says something that the broken Contemptor on the base is already better than what most people come up with as their best work. Brilliant stuff!

So today is the hottest day of the year so far in good old Jhermani, with more than 33 degrees Celsius outside (which is pretty oustanding for the northwestern part of the country). Hardly the perfect weather to be painting miniatures -- quite the opposite, actually.

However, I realised that losing momentum was the biggest danger for me, so I soldiered through my paintjob for my 4th ETL vow nonetheless. There's no way in hell I am heading outside to take some proper pictures, however, so these will have to suffice for now:

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-1.jpg

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-2.jpg

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-3.jpg

4th ETL Vow finished!

And here's a picture of my two Thamier-patter Obliterators together: I think the pose on the new guy is so much better, to be honest!

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-4.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

@ Atia: Wow. Atia. That scorpion. It's so, so beautiful. I want to kiss it. wub.png

@ KrautScientist: Dude, you are on fire. Lovely obliterator. Gotta get me some of them too from thamier. This is your FOURTH vow done! You have four weeks left. Better see if you can pull of a fifth. That would be so, so awesome.

Thanks a lot, guys! smile.png

here are some better pictures of the Obliterator:

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-5.jpg

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-6.jpg

2nd-thamier-pattern-obliterator-7.jpg

As always, more pictures can be found here in my WIP thread.

@ Auggs: Sorry, buddy, but I think I'll call it quits now -- and for real this time msn-wink.gif I've already done three vows more than I had originally planned, and while it has been a blast, I think it's important to end things on a high note. I also don't want to fail again, like last year msn-wink.gif

But even so, I couldn't be any happier with my performance: Granted, 1,000 points isn't all that much when compared to the amounts of stuff some of the crazier contributors come up with (cheers, Auggie! msn-wink.gif ), but then I think I have really managed to complete some rather cool models -- some of this stuff is arguably my finest work to date:

etl-v-all-vows-3.jpg

Another thing that pleases me immensely is that each model is one I have wanted to finally get painted for quite a while. Actually, I have even added two bonus models that weren't part of my vows. But I've managed to paint them just the same msn-wink.gif

etl-v-all-vows-1.jpg

And while this definitely wasn't planned, that brings the number of completed models up to...eight. How auspicious! I hope Khorne is pleased! msn-wink.gif

All the best to those of you who are still working on their vows and/or are planning to finish even more models for the glory of chaos! I'll be watching your amazing work from the sidelines while offering snide comments every now and then msn-wink.gif

I figure I should put my money where my mouth is.

I, Dragonlover, rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux for a third time. I vow to complete a Rapier battery of three Cyclotrathe pattern conversion beamers for a total of 225 points. In the Warmasters name, this will be done.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/20160720_224011-1.jpg

This is a hell of a lot of work for the points, but ah well.

Dragonlover

Archived