+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

One of the stranger things I've done in this hobby... I've just had to wash a Bloodthirster laugh.png

I can now report that the model is dust free, and about to be painted.

Great to see the completions and progress continuing - hope to do the same shortly too!

4th vow incoming

I Tankus Wokus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following

One Chaos Defiler, twin-linked Lascannon and Havoc Launcher (220 points)

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/Mobile%20Uploads/20160722_215849.jpg

To a total of 220 points on or before the 15th August 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me to wear the badge of Oathbreaker until the year-end

When is the last day again to have your vow complete?

An even better way of answering your question is to link to this particular post you made, in which you promised to finish your vow before a certain date... (you must suck at remembering birthdays) msn-wink.giftongue.png I remembered, though, and your vow was a big inspirational to the following....

I, Augustus b'Raass rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 counts-as Aetaos'Rau'Keres, Slayer of Souls, Distorter of Worlds, The Shadow of All Colours and None, Ashenwing, Render of Veils, Tzeentch's Mad Satrap, The Call of C'thulhu from IA 13 of total value 999 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpstp8vfbfl.jpg

So yeah, vow 3 done.

gallery_75911_12240_490551.jpg

I SlavetoDarkness rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Lord 140

VotLW, Powerfist (servo arm), Black Mace.

Sorceror 80

Spell Familiar, VotLW.

Warpsmith 130

VotLW, Combat Fimiliar (Servoskull).

Corpse Taker 50

Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought 165

Destroyer of Cities

Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought 190

Twin Lascannons, Missile Launcher, Lord of the Long War.

Chosen 175

x4 Plasma Guns, Plasma Pistol, VotLW.

Chosen 210

x2 Meltaguns, x2 Powerfists, Lightning Claw, Icon of Vengeance, VotLW.

Havocs 150

VotLW, x2 Lacannons, x2 Missile Launchers, Power Fist.

Havocs 75

VotLW, x4 Autocannons

Havocs 130

VotLW, x2 Miile Launchers, x2 Heavy Bolters.

Land Raider 242

Havoc Launcher

Renegade Command Squad 75

Banner of the Apostate, Grenade Launcher, Power Sword, Vox.

Renegade Disciple Squad 82

Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Flamer, Vox, Carapace Armour.

Renegade Marauders 64

2 Sniper Rifles, Bolt Pistol.

Bane Wolf 140

Camo netting.

Enforcer 55

Powerfist, Bolt Pitol.

Enforcer 25

Chaos Lord 125

Murdersword, MoK, Combat Familiar.

Chaos Lord 125

Axe of Blind Fury, MoK, Combat Familiar.

Sorceror 100

+1 Mastery Level, Spell Familiar.

Dark Apostle 120

Combat Familiar.

Chosen 207

MoK, x4 Chainaxes, x5 Plasma Pistols

Sorceror 170

MoN, VotLW, +2 MAstery, Plasma Pistol, Sigil of Corruption,.

from Codex Chaos Space Marines, Tyrants Legion and Imperial Armour 13 to a total value of 3000 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Lord and Warpsmith

gallery_75911_12240_421194.jpg

Corpse Taker

gallery_75911_12240_317714.jpg

Other Havoc squad

gallery_75911_12240_851159.jpg

The rest of it

gallery_75911_12240_1043864.jpg

Using my newly acquired "lazy" painting style yesterday I've finished a Chaos Cultists Squad:

32UsovY3cdI.jpg

zXzpQJc9YyY.jpg

and along with previously painted Chaos Heldrake:

on4X6pwX7cc.jpg

my first Vow is complete.

So here is my second Vow:

I  BadSanta rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

ysNWZXnofDk.jpg

Ahriman = 230 points

Thousand Sons Squad (1 Sorcerer + 8 Sons) = 242 points

from Chaos Space Marines Codex of total value 472 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Red Corsairs Warband and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

@Leonite: just had a look at your vow, that's some sweet models you've got there. Now I don't know of you're a numbers guy, or your preferred painting method, but consider this. Assuming you've not painted a model yet, 1500 points translates to 500 points a week. That's 71 points a day. If the only thing you paint today is your Chaos Lord, you're ahead of schedule! You can totally do this.

Dragonlover

In theory, but I've been busy this week - fortunately, tomorrow is a free day and tonight a free night, so with my Tzeentchian contingient already done, I'll completethe seeker chariot tonight and finish gluing the Khorne Bikers (in theory), spray em tomorrow (and finish the chariot if needed, otherwise, move onto the Seekers) and then I'll switch to Nurgle, and them being JUST infantry means that's much quicker. Then Khorne - Bikers and a Juggerlord, so not too hard - and finally the Dark Apostle. 

Plus it's not til the 15th right? That last weekend is going to be awesome.

@Augustus: That right there is a cool model. I sense much airbrushing in your future!

@Slave: You beautiful heretic! Just don't fumble this, for the love of the gods.

@BadSanta: Those cultists look awesome! What's this lazy painting you speak of? Nice revow too!

@Leonite: That's the spirit chap! I'm rooting for ya!

@everyone: We're slightly ahead. I urge you all to go read the update with your own eyes though, and use it to fuel the next few weeks. The fires of the warp burn strong!

Dragonlover

@BadSanta: Those cultists look awesome! What's this lazy painting you speak of? Nice revow too!

It sound like "Let see what happens, don't bother with results".  This aptitude helps me to get myself to paint something almost every day. And when you paint something almost every day your basic skill level subtly growing bit by bit (i.e. it is my way to "get fun and get results at the same time").

@ Kierdale: Another excellent finish. About the choice of unit for your fourth vow: DREADCLAW DREADCLAW DREADCLAW DREADCLAW!!! I'd love to see one in your fabulous colour scheme. 

I also finished a unit: my Hell Talon! More pics in this post in my WiP log. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpswg4ygapk.jpg Hope you like.

I like! I like! :D

I am doing a dreadclaw...but I haven't finished making it, so I don't think I can finish it before the ETL ends. I think I'm done for this year's ETL now.

@Augustus: That right there is a cool model. I sense much airbrushing in your future!

@Slave: You beautiful heretic! Just don't fumble this, for the love of the gods.

@Leonite: That's the spirit chap! I'm rooting for ya!

@everyone: We're slightly ahead. I urge you all to go read the update with your own eyes though, and use it to fuel the next few weeks. The fires of the warp burn strong!

Dragonlover

Thankfully I got som real good progress on the accursed thing earlier on. Tomorrow should be my final day working on it while the Khornate stuff is finished.

First, thanks everyone for your comments :) - glad you like her !

And Auggi ...

C'thulhu

IS SO CUTE! From where is he?? Need to paint my own one day :O

Some quick progress shots. 50% done! (2 Daemon Princes finished, 2 to go!)

http://i.imgur.com/Dsol8dr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5zItzlX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gK2rZhj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qJi5Hqb.jpg

@Teetengee: All 4 of these models I'm working on are all salvages/re-paints so even after a bath in Simple Green and a scrub I inevitably lost some details. However, for the standard, old-school metal DP's sword I still has a little bit of detail left in the sword which I tried to take advantage of.

First I tried airbrushing but since it was such a small piece, it didn't give me the glow I liked so I had to go in with a brush. I colored the blade in purple and pinks first and then went in with a white/pink that was diluted all to hell with straight medium. This helped loosen the water tension enough that was able to sort of sloppily brush the white down the middle and it just seeped into the cracks on its own. It's not a very pretty job but at arms length it looks okay!

@Teetengee: All 4 of these models I'm working on are all salvages/re-paints so even after a bath in Simple Green and a scrub I inevitably lost some details. However, for the standard, old-school metal DP's sword I still has a little bit of detail left in the sword which I tried to take advantage of.

First I tried airbrushing but since it was such a small piece, it didn't give me the glow I liked so I had to go in with a brush. I colored the blade in purple and pinks first and then went in with a white/pink that was diluted all to hell with straight medium. This helped loosen the water tension enough that was able to sort of sloppily brush the white down the middle and it just seeped into the cracks on its own. It's not a very pretty job but at arms length it looks okay!

Sorry, I meant on the blue runes on the arm bands. Neat trick on the sword though, thanks!

Loving the Leadbelcher spray. Just knocked out a Landraider in half an hour. Just need to do the Dreads and the Iron Warriors part of the vow is done. The Darkwolves wont take long either, not looking foreward to doing German style peadot camo on the Guard though. but if I dont try Ill never improve.

++Vow 2 Complete++

I, Chaeron, have completed the following:

Daemon Lord – An’ggrath the Unbound - 888pts 

Storm Eagle with Multi-melta, Lascannons and Extra Armour – 290pts

Renegade Knight with Meltagun, Rocket Pod, Avenger Gatling and Battlecannon – 480pts

Renegade Knight with Icarus Autocannnon, Gauntlet, Battlecannon – 420pts

Renegade Knight with Gauntlet, Battlecannon –385pts (NB: Ran out of Gaunlets, replaced both weapons with double converted Avenger Gatling Cannon)

Renegade Knight with Gauntlet, Battlecannon – 385pts (NB: Ran out of Gaunlets, replaced with Battlecannon)

5 Havocs, with Mark of Nurgle, two Missile Launchers, Autocannon and Plasmas Gun, with VOTLW, three CCWs – 156pts

...of total value 3000pts on or before August 15th, 2016.

I've taken advantage of the lovely weather to take some photos of the completed vow 'in-the-wild'! Apologies for anything it washes out (such as on the Thirster!):

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow2Complete_zpsn2ycjwcq.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/Anggrath_zps6fghvqiu.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow2Complete2_zpsxrmfx7mb.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow2Complete3_zpst8qr6ibr.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow2Complete4_zpsdvcixwc2.jpg

I realised I'd miscalculated the number of Gaunlets I owned for the Knights, and so swapped out with Captain Semper's permission the weaponry for converted Avenger Gatling Cannons (even if I can't score the extra points for being at the 3k limit!). 

Thanks for looking - third vow to come later today...

Archived